Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ the millionair + the thief=? ❯ yay! camping ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN:I don't want to go into details on how Kaiba hurt himself. So many people wrote about it already, so yeah, use your weird imagination.

------------------------------

Over the next week, Kaiba was released out of the hospital. The news of his accident was spread all over the city. Most people were wondering on how did a strong person like him can have accident. Mokuba and Rikku covered up the news, saying that he and Mokuba were testing out his latest invention when they encountered some technical difficulties. They didn't want the people to found out about his self-inflicting pain for fear that it would hurt his company.

Things were settling back to normal (as normal as it can get anyway). Kaiba helped Rikku to get a new house (a large one too), after Mokuba begged him to. Actually, he would've helped her anyway, since she was his friend and all. She didn't tell him about her financial problem, but he knew. At first, she protested the idea of having to live in a house that's not paid by her. However, she soon gave in to Mokuba's cuteness. The two went back to school on friendly term. Most people, well mostly Yugi's gang, were confused on how two former enemies can be so closed after such a short time. Kaiba hanged around Rikku sometimes (not always, he's still pretty much a loner) and Rikku suddenly found herself receiving hateful glances from many girls around the school. Most of them wouldn't come near to her because they knew that she could fight very well.

------------------

As usual, they were in their boring science class when the teacher announced the trip. Rikku was sleeping on the desk, murmuring something incoherently. Kaiba was…doing whatever.

"Okay, class… This week, we'll have a camping field trip! Pick your partner to do researches on environmental science." The teacher announced loudly.

The class suddenly woke up from their dreams. Rikku didn't catch most of what the teacher said, only the part where she had to pick a partner for a project something. She looked around searching for partner.

'Joey?' she asked herself, seeing no one was around him ' nah, I need someone to do work for me, not someone to do work for. Yugi? Nah, he got Tea.'

She looked at Kaiba, 'Perfect! Everyone knew that he was smart! I'll have him do the whole project for me…' she snickered. She was not much of a hard-working academic girl and her grades weren't great, but she didn't want to fail high school.

However, before she could even ask Kaiba to be her partner, some brunette had already yelled out "Seto's my partner!"

Rikku were filled with rage. " How dare she took away Kaiba? My only chance for an A? Without him, I'll fail!"

Rikku wanted to go and slap that girl in the face. She knew the girl well. That brunette, Kay, was one of the rich, popular girl whom everyone (except Kaiba) knew had a huge crush on the CEO. Kaiba saw her, standing there, fuming. They looked at each other and he just shrugged.

'Talk about being friend! Humph!' she mumbled. She hated the way he seemed to be so careless about her.

-----------------

Over the next two day, everybody was ready to go. Rikku was stuck with Tristan, but was okay with it.

On the bus, Rikku sat with the gang. She noticed that Kaiba wasn't there.

"Hey, where's Kaiba?" she asked Yugi

"Oh," Yugi replied, " he and his partner decided to drive by his car. Evidently, Kay has some problem with driving on the buses so she asked him to drive her there instead."

Now, Rikku was even more enraged. Not only did Kaiba shut her out as being his partner, he treated some stranger even more important than her? He never even give her a ride to school!

She screamed silently inside.

For the remainder of the trip, the rest of the people stayed away from Rikku. They didn't know why she was suddenly angry, but they knew better than to mess with her.

------------------------------------------------

Later, Rikku arrived at the camp and saw Kaiba (with his partner of course) already unpacking his supplies. Kay was running around Seto liked a leech. Rikku decided to ask on how they were doing.

"Hey Kaiba!" she asked, smilingly, " how was your driving trip?"

'Hope you got into an accident' she wished silently inside

"Okay.." he answered, obviously not catching what she meant

'No it's not okay! You treated some slut better than me! and I'm your friend!"

"oh goooood! You didn't have any problems on the way here did you?" she asked sarcastically.

"no, everything was fine…" Kaiba looked at Rikku. He sensed something was up, but decided to dismiss it. 'She's probably was having one of those emotional breakdown. Women!'

Rikku was irritated. She was wishing for him to tell her that his trip was hell. However, all she got was 'okay'. She decided to run off before she exploded.

"well, see ya…" she smiled at him.

"bye…" Kaiba sighed. 'That girl is something….'. He liked Rikku very much now that they're friends. She seemed to ignite his happy childhood whenever she's around. Kaiba never felt like he was a child until he met her. He had always been growing up too fast to even has any fun as a kid… 'Well, a great girl like her would probably be taken already. Beside, she would never like a cold-hearted guy like me'

They had never talked much with each other, except maybe sometimes at school or whenever they hang out with Mokuba. The main reason for that was because he was too busy with works. Therefore, he did not know if she had a boy friend or not.

Rikku was walking away in a bad mood until she bumped into someone. It was Kay.

"What were you doing there talking to Kaiba?" Kay asked haughtily.

Rikku was annoyed, " none of your business! He's my friend and I can talk to him whenever I want to!" she snapped.

Kay's face turned into a tomato. It was evident that no one had ever stood up to her this way. She wanted to hurt Rikku, but knew that Rikku was strong and could outlast her.

"Look here missy…" she began, " I don't know what you were doing over there hitting on Kaiba! But you had better stay away from him or I'll hurt you!" she threatened, "He's mine and everybody knows it! So don't try to sneak up on him by pretending to be his friend! I'LL WILL WIPE THE FLOOR WITH YOU IF YOU DARE!"

With that, Kay walked away. However, before she could even got far, Rikku jumped her and a fight began……….

---------------------------------

45 minutes later……….

"Look here…" the teacher began, " I don't know why you two were fighting but I don't want to see any more blood. Both of you are now in detention. That means neither of you is to go out tonight and have fun with the rest of the students. You two will stay here, finish your dinner, and go to sleep." The teacher said firmly and walked away.

Rikku was now stuck with Kay in a cold cabinet. She didn't feel like fighting or eating so she decided to go to sleep. Before she could doze off, she heard Kay, who were having bruises all over her arms, saying 'He's mine!'.

Rikku was mad. At first, she was mad because she didn't get to work with Kaiba. Now, she was mad at him because he's the reason that this fight even started.

'Stupid Kaiba! It's all your faults. If you didn't have so many girls following you, then I'll wouldn't be in detention!'