Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ the millionair + the thief=? ❯ Chapter 16

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The next morning, Rikku was allowed to join the others in exploring the wood. However, she was still not in the mood to discuss to anyone what had happened. Whenever she glanced at Kaiba, she saw Kay running around him and acting all cutely. She admitted that she was angry at the scenery.

The groups were splitting off to do some personal exploration. Rikku strode along the wood, feeling lonely, when she heard someone called out to her. It was from Kaiba. This time however, there was no sign of the popular leech around him.

"Rikku!" Kaiba called.

She walked on, didn't want to talk to anyone, especially to him.

"We need to talk," he stated.

"There's nothing to talk about!" she replied.

"Oh yes there is," Kaiba sounded annoyed, " I want to know what happened yesterday…"

"Nothing happened yesterday!"

"Liar…"

"I'm not lying!"

"Then why wouldn't you fill me in on the fight….why were you fighting with Kay? She said that you attacked her? Is that true?"

Rikku was frustrated with his constant questioning, " What's wrong with you? Can't you leave me alone? Nothing happened yesterday! It was her fault! She shouldn't bother me when I'm in a bad mood!" she snapped at him

Kaiba didn't seemed to bother with her sudden reaction.

"I just want to know what happened…." He argued back.

"Didn't your little Kay told you what happened? Why didn't you asked her? I'm sure that she would tell you how badly I broke her precious nail…and how evil I was when I yanked her golden hair.…..ooh…and did she asked you to check on her bruises?" She said sarcastically.

"What is this all about? Why are you suddenly mad at me? And why are you being so hateful to Kay? She's a nice girl"

"Mad at you?" Rikku yelled, "You want to know why I'm mad at you? I'm mad at your constant attention on that princess! I'm mad because you never treated me the way you treated her! I'm mad because you didn't let me be your partner for this stupid project! I'm mad because you're defending her right now instead of me, AND I'M YOUR FRIEND! "

Kaiba was shocked. In his life, he was never shocked. He never expected this kind of reaction from Rikku.

'Why is she jealous at my attention for Kay? Kay's my partner..' he asked himself.

"Rikku…" Kaiba began, " were you jealous at Kay?"

Rikku didn't say anything. She didn't want to admit that she was envious at the fact that Kay got Kaiba's attention and she didn't.

'Why am I acting this way? Back then, I couldn't care less if he partner up with someone else, why I'm I being so overprotective all of the sudden?' she asked herself.

"I just don't think that she's the right one for you that's all…." She sighed, " a great guy like you deserve someone better than that slut. You don't know it but she's only acting cutely around you. She's a bitch when you turned away."

" And how do you know that?"

" Just trust me!" Rikku was exasperated, " We women know these thing. She's only acting nice around you to get your attention. She's a bitch! Yesterday, she told me to stay away from you… She told me to stop being your friend!"

"Oh…"

" Kaiba… " Rikku continued, " I don't think that you should be seeing her. She's not what you believed her to be."

" I know…" Kaiba looked at her, " I'm not saying that Kay and I were a couple. She's just my partner that's all. I didn't know that she was only acting nice around me to get me…but thanks" Kaiba smiled.

"You're welcome!" Rikku smiled back.

They walk for a while in silence.

" So, you're sure that you're not saying that because you were jealous were you?" Kaiba suddenly asked her.

"I'm not jealous!" Rikku argued back.

"Really?" Kaiba smirked. Rikku was startle with his smirk. He never had that kind of sly smile upon his face. He was always the serious type.

" What do you mean really? Of course I'm not jealous!" Rikku defended herself, " Beside, I would never be interested in you in a million years…." She stated proudly.

" Are you sure about that?"

Rikku got very afraid by Kaiba's action.

" Stop that! You're scaring me!" she yelled at him

"What are you talking about?" Kaiba asked innocently (I know this is ooc for him, but whatever)

"You know what I'm talking about! You… and that smirk of your! This is not the Seto Kaiba I knew. The Seto I knew never had that look on his face! The Seto I knew was evil, but not that evil! "

"Are you sure that you know a lot about me? we hardly see each other…"

"It doesn't matter! You don't act like this! You better stop it or…"

"Or what? "

"Or I'll make you stop!"

"And how do you suggest you do that?"

"I'll….I'LL …"

AN: I know it's short, but I'm stuck. Give me ideas on what Rikku should do to stop the evil Seto Kaiba. Really, I had no idea what she should do…..