Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ 101 Reno Drabbles ❯ Chapter 2 - Smile ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2- Smile
The first thing you had ever noticed about him was his smile. Though you had come to love the cheeky grins, you also came to loathe the smug smirks. It sometimes annoyed you how he never stopped all that damn smiling, no matter what the situation was. Whether you had just broken apart from a kiss or you were yelling at him at the top of your lungs, he never ceased to wipe that gloating look off his face.
You walked into your apartment, sighing deeply as you locked the door behind you. You flicked the light switch, trying to illuminate the darkened room, but the lights didn't work.
“Reno, don't you dare try to scare me again,” you called out.
“I have mace you warned as you rounded the corner to your kitchen, then gasped.
Dozens of candles were lit all around the room, a fresh bouquet of your favorite flowers sat on the kitchen table next to Reno. A pizza box sat at the center of the table which had been set for two.
The redhead grinned at your shocked face as he walked towards you.
“And I have goggles babe. Why do you think I always carry these damn things around?” he asked jokingly.
You remained silent, still dumbstruck.
He leaned forward and kissed you tenderly on the forehead.
“I hope you don't mind the pizza sexy. I decided to spare you from my cooking. Happy six month-a….” He paused for a moment, struggling to find the right word. “Anniversary?”
Perhaps it was your turn to smile like an idiot.