Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VII : Atonement ❯ Chapter 4 - Yuffie Kisaragi's Training and Reeve's News ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: No sue me! I no own it!

Author's Note: I'm gonna try to get these crap filled chapters out today while I'm home sick form school. After character introduction is over, the story is a lot more fun to type! Well, can you guess which character's are next?! Yes, you can, because they are in the title of the chapter you clicked on! Hooray! Yes, I am done rambling now. Gomen nasai. Don't hurt me. Please review! It makes all the typing worth it!

Chapter 4 - Yuffie Kisaragi's Training and Reeve's News

The Conformer sliced clean through the air, and Godo Kisaragi barely had time to duck before it hit him in the head. Yuffie jumped and caught it smoothly as she evaded a swift kick from her father towards her chest. She flipped over him with incredible speed and agility and stood ready, sweat beading on her forehead.

Godo nodded before standing straight and smiling at his daughter. "You're getting better," he said simply.

Yuffie dropped her guard, assuming the fight was over. The Conformer dropped to her side. She bowed to him in the old fashion, and soon found herself flying through the air, landing on her right shoulder. Her father walked over to her, taking her hand and helping her to her feet. Yuffie moaned.

"But you still have a lot to learn."

Yuffie scowled. "That wasn't fair!" Yuffie, now 19, stood tall beside her father. "You tricked me!"

Her father laughed. "Never take your eyes off your enemy, or you will pay the price," he said. "But I wasn't lying when I said you had improved."

Yuffie smiled. "Really?"

"Really."

"Thanks Dad," Yuffie said. Since she had returned to Wutai after she'd helped destroy Meteor, her relationship with her father had never been better. She had brought everyone's materia home with her as a trophy. And since Mako was no longer manufactured from the lifestream, materia was rare and sparse. The small colored orbs were Yuffie's treasures, and she held them dear. After her return, Yuffie resumed training at the Dojo, with her father as her teacher.

Yuffie flicked a strand of her short black hair out of her eyes and strapped her Conformer on her back, the way she normally carried her priceless weapon. She had changed greatly in the past three years, her short girlie figure grew tall and womanly, and her body was toned and strong.

Inside, she was the same old Yuffie.

"Yuffie!" she heard her father shout from the next room. "Telephone!"

Yuffie sprinted to her room and picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Hello, Yuffie. This is Reeve."

Yuffie chuckled. "The man behind the stuffed mask!" she exclaimed. "Long time since I've heard from you!"

Reeve laughed. "Hey, a weak man like myself has to find some way to fight without getting killed within five seconds!" he shouted, recalling on the days when he was better known as Cait Sith, the stuffed fortune-telling cat riding on the shoulders of a fat, stuffed Moogle.

"Well, why don't you get your scrawny ass to the gym and get some muscle onto those bones and learn some skills, oh Mr. Rough-and-Tough President!"

"Oh God, Yuffie!" he retorted. "Don't call me that! You make me sound important!"

With every executive of ShinRa, Inc. besides himself wither dead or MIA, Reeve had been required to step in as the new President of ShinRa. With Midgar destroyed and the new NeoMidgar that President ShinRa and his son Rufus had planned already prepared, the new, Mako-free NeoMidgar was already being built, and Reeve oversaw the whole thing. The city was being built on the New Continent; southeast of Nibelheim in the plains not too far from Cosmo Canyon.

"Well, you are important!" Yuffie said, tormenting her old friend. "You're the fucking President of ShinRa!"

Reeve winced. "Geez, you've got a mouth to rival Barret and Cid. But at least people can say the companies name without it being followed by a long string of insults and swears, like yours."

Yuffie laughed. "Yeah, as far as I've heard, you're doing a good job."

"So glad you have so much confidence in me. Well, Yuffie, I might as well tell you the reason I called. Tifa's been dialing numbers like crazy, but when she called me, I told her I'd call you for her. Cloud and Tifa are getting married."

"About damn time!"

Reeve laughed. "No kidding! Anyway, the wedding is May 7th, and she wanted to let everyone know ahead of time."

"Yeah, no sweat. I'll write it down."

"Great. Well, duty calls so I gotta run!"

"All right," Yuffie replied. "Thanks for the info!"

"Not a problem," Reeve said. "Later girl."

Yuffie hung up the phone grinning, a sparkle of laugher in her eyes. She laughed softly to herself and shook her head.

"Good thing he finally proposed," she said to herself. "If he didn't do it soon, I was going to have to do it for him."

Author's Note: One character left, good old Red XIII, and then on with the plot. FINALLY! I'm as anxious as I hope you are. Don't forget to review.