Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VII ❯ Chapter 2 The Rumor of the Missing Body ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy VII
a fan fic by LIndsey Huff




Chapter II: The Rumor of the Missing Body


Cloud left the house and walked alone in the rain with nothing to protect him from it. The streets were empty except for maybe a few umbralas here and there. Other than that the city was silent. The only thing that could be heard was the soft pitter patter of the rain as it fell from the sky. He arrived soaked at the city's local bar. (Not the one Tifa owned)
He sat down on a stool at the bar and ordered a drink. He listened to the noises around him. The soft chatter of the people, the quiet jazzy music and the rain outside. Then he heard a filimar voice nearby. One he hadn't heard in about a year.
"Hey, did you hear the rumors?" Reno's voice said.
Cloud looked up at the red headed turk who had sat down next to him. "What rumors?" he asked.
"They say that his body was missing," Reno continued.
"Who's body? Kadaj faded away," Cloud replied.
"No, no no, the last time he came back. The third time, you know when you stabbed him," he corrected.
Cloud stared at him with a look of stone. "Sephiroth is dead, he has to be. I killed him," he said his voice a little shakey.
It was true. Right after Kadaj disappeared, Sephiroth had some how returned for a third time. Cloud had fought him in the City of the Ancients. The battle looked bad for him in the beginning as he stood in the place where Aeris had died. All through the first half of the battle Cloud was dazed and haunted with the memory of watching her die. Then he broke through the spell and had taken Sephiroth's sword. It was then in the silence of the city that he had struck Sephiroth with his own sword. After all those who die by Sephiroth's sword, can never be brought back.
"Yeah I know you did, but they went to go retreive his body and it was gone," Reno said.
"How do you know?" Cloud questioned.
"I was there with 'em. Where do ya think I've been for the past year?" he answered.
Cloud looked away and said nothing to Reno. Reno shook his head and sighed. Then he too ordered a drink. They sat for a while talking about anything except for the rumor. He figured that Cloud didn't want to hear it right now and decided to change the subject.
"So, how's Tifa?" Reno asked.
"She's....fine," Cloud replied.
"You seem so down, you alright?" he questioned looking over at Cloud.
"Yeah...." Cloud said just above a whisper.
"Look, I'm sorry for just springin this on ya so suddenly, but I figured you outta know. If Sephiroth's still---" Reno started to apologize.
"He's not," Cloud interrupted standing. "I killed him, Sephiroth is gone. Those killed by his sword are never to return." Then he walked away from Reno and left the bar.