Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VII ❯ Chapter 5 Lost Memories ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy VII
a fan fic by LIndsey Huff




Chapter V: Lost Memories



-------Someone's Log--------
Just about a day ago I released the experiment. I erased her memories so she wouldn't remember a thing, Heh, I even gave her the pleasure of remembering her name. However there may be one flaw. If that annoying meddling fool can bring back her old memories then I will be forced to take her body. I purposly changed her gentic make up to make her connected to me. Alana is on a very short leash....





When Cloud came back inside from talking to Reno, Tifa and Alana were arguing on rather she should stay the night with them or not. Cloud walked past them silently only thinking about the journey ahead of him. If he had to travel to a city to find out something, he wanted to do it alone. The only problem was, he didn't know how he was going to get past Reno. He seemed to know about everything that went on in town.
"Fine, fine, I guess you're right, it is late, I'll stay here," Alana gave in.
"Good, there's a guest room upstairs next to the double room," Tifa said.
Alana nodded and headed upstairs. Tifa followed after her and went to sleep the quickest. Hours later there was a knock upon Cloud's door. He looked up at the door and rose from one of the beds, then opened the door. Alana stood on the other side her hands behind her back. Her jade green eyes were on the floor and her face was slightly flushed.
"I...I don't mean to disturb you, but I want to talk to you," she said neverously.
Cloud said nothing and moved aside to let her in. She took the invitation and went to he window and then spun around to look at him.
"I..have to admit somthing...." she said.
Cloud gave her a puzzled look. "What do you mean?" he asked.
"I...From the moment I saw your face...I knew who you were, Cloud Strife," Alana admited slowly.
"You...knew my name?" Cloud asked surprised.
She shook her head. "Not just that....I knew you were an ex-SOILDER and I knew you knew Seph....Seph....Sephiroth....." she explained.
This struck Cloud as strange. This girl, who oddly looked so close to Aeris, knew who Cloud was from the very moment she saw his face. He wondered if she knew who Sephiroth was too. If this truly was Aeris, then did she remember the man who killed her?
"What happened? When I said his name, you passed out..." Cloud pointed out.
Alana let out a long sigh. "I had a vision...the moment you mentioned that man's name...Seph...Sephiroth," she said. "I saw...you and him...and blood...then..bubbles."
"Can I...can I take you somewhere?" Cloud asked suddenly.
Alana widened her eyes to Cloud's sudden question, but a sudden feeling of trust went through her. She felt as if she could trust Cloud. With little hesitation she nodded and let Cloud take her wrist. He took her out of the house and away from the main city and then into the slums. Eventually they stopped before an old church. He looked at her and then tugged her inside until she was standing before the small garden.
Alana dropped to her knees and she didn't know why. A wave of grief surged through her veins. Then a slow vision appeared in her head. She saw a brown haired woman, wearing almost the same outfit as her except pink and red. Then she saw what she figured to be Cloud. He had agreed to be her body gaurd. The next thing that came to her was Reno and the rest of the turks taking her away. Then it skipped to a office of a building. A man laid dead on his desk with a sword thrusted through his back. Another jump and she saw the City of the Anicents. Then finally, the last vision.
A sharp pain went through her stomach as the last vision came into her view. A sivler haired man, had thrusted his sword through the brown haired woman's stomach. Her braid fell out and something fell to the groud. Then she saw Cloud and felt warmth around her body. He lifted the woman's body and laid it in the water, the body sank and with it so did the vision.
Alana fell over on her side as the last vision ended. Cloud went to her and lifted her from the ground. They were surrounded by the lovely garden Aeris had loved so much. He held her in his arms almost the same way he had when Aeris died. After a while Alana opened her eyes and looked up at Cloud.
"Cloud....?" she questioned.
"Yeah, I'm gonna take you back now. I'm sorry I brought you here I didn't know you'd react this way," Cloud said.
"No....wait, I wanna know...." Alana said.
"What?" he asked confused.
"I wanna know....did you take care of these flowers?" she asked.
Cloud blinked confused. "What?" he repeated.
"They look the same.....as they did before," she said.
"What, Alana what are you---" he started to ask.
"Alana? Who's Alana? Cloud you don't remember me?" she interrupted.
His eyes widened. It had been true, it was no conenidence that she had looked the same as Aeris. She was Aeris, but how? Sephiroth had told Cloud that there was no way to bring her back to life. Then how could she be here now? The questions ran through Cloud's mind but he didn't want to care for them now. Aeris was back, she was in his arms. That's what he wanted to focus on.
"Aeris....?" he said teary eyed.
She met his eyes and smiled a small smile as her eyes filled with tears too. "Yes...." she whispered. "It's me Cloud, I'm back."