Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VII ❯ Chapter 6 Off to Hoyt ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy VII
a fan fic by LIndsey Huff





Chapter VI: Off to Hoyt.


"Aeris....I have to tell you something," Cloud said. They had been in the church for a long while now. Some of the time they just sat in silence and some of the time they had talked. Now Cloud was perpared to tell her that he had to leave to Hoyt to see if the stranger had anything to do with Sephiroth. The silver haired Aeris looked at Cloud with mournfull eyes, she knew that tone all too well and knew that he had bad news.
"Yes..?" she replied relucantly.
"I have to leave town tomorrow, I have to go check out a rumor," he informed her.
"Lemme go with you!" Aeris begged.
He shook his head slowly. "I couldn't risk loosing you again. If the rumors are true, and Sephiroth is in Hoyt, I can't have you near him," he rejected.
She sighed and nodded. "And Tifa?" she questioned.
"She stays here too, I'm gonna go alone..." Cloud answered. "I want you to help Tifa while I'm gone."
"Don't die Cloud..." Aeris said ignoring his request.
"I won't," he said.
"Promise me," she demanded.
"I promise," he said without hesitation.
"If you die, I don't know what I'll do," Aeris remarked.
Cloud said nothing to this, he just looked down. Then a moment later he raised his head and grabbed Aeris' wrist. He pulled her to her feet and she didn't resist. He took her other wrist in his hand and looked her in the eyes.
"I'm not gonna die," he reassured her in a soft whisper.
"He's strong," she whispered back referring to Sephiroth.
"I know, but please stay here and stay safe," he requested pulling her closer to him.
"But I...." she started but trailed off as she was drawn closer to Cloud.
Both of them were so close together that they could feel each other's breath. Aeris' breath was fast and shaky, while Cloud's was slow and calm. He knew what he was doing and what he was doing was something he had wanted to do for a long time. Aeris also knew Cloud's intention and grew nervous that it would be different because she had changed since the last time they had seen each other, not mentaly but physically changed.
Her breath drew in faster as the dawning sun glinted through the sustained glass windows. Cloud's closeness had increased and she could almost feel his lips on her's. The hole in the roof glew a soft orange and the garden was a haven of light around them. Aeris glanced around them for a brief moment until she felt Cloud's hand on her face.
"I have to go soon," he whispered.
"I know..." she said looking at him.
"Promise me you'll stay here," he said.
"Ok, I promise," she gave in as he leaned into her. The scene around them seemed to melt away. The sunrise in the church, the orange glow of the garden, everything. The only thing both of them were aware of was each other's lips. After a moment everything came into focus and Cloud pulled away and looked up at the hole in the roof.
"The sun's coming up, I have to leave now before Reno--" he began.
"Hey, hey, what's goin on in here?" Reno's voice came from the entrace.
Cloud let go of Aeris completly and turned to see Reno standing near the doorway of the church with a sly smirk on his face. It was unable to tell how long he had been standing there or how much he heard.
"How long have you been standing there?" Cloud asked anger raising in his voice.
"Long enough to know that that silver haired beauty is your Aeris," Reno replied grinning.
"What gives you the right to spy on us?!" Cloud said his voice harsh.
"Whoa, wait, that's such a nasty term, spying. I heard someone in here and went to check it out. Now Cloud you weren't really expecting to leave me behind were you?" Reno said waving his hand away at Cloud's claim.
Cloud's eyes lost their angry glow and he looked down. "I didn't want you to get involved," he said in a calm voice.
Now it Aeris' turn. She walked up behind Cloud and put a hand on his shoulder. "Cloud, maybe you should take Reno with you...just in case," she whispered to him.
"Your honey's right, you need me," Reno chimed in.
Cloud moved away from Aeris' hand and towards Reno he stopped and turned so he could see both of them. "Fine, you guys win," he said and then looked at Reno. "You can go with me."
"Alright, then let's go, time's a wastin'," Reno said turning towards the door.
Cloud gave Aeris a sad look and then turned to follow Reno out of the church.
"Cloud wait!" Aeris called.
Both Reno and Cloud turned to face Aeris. Reno didn't say anything he just waited paitently as Cloud said his good byes. "What?" Cloud questioned.
"There's something I want to tell you," she said.
Reno looked at Aeris' expression. "I'll wait outside for ya Cloud, I can see where this is goin'," he said and went out the door.
"What is it?" he asked turning all the way towards Aeris.
Aeris didn't answer his question right off. Instead she ran towards him until her arms were wrapped around his waist. He paused a moment and then put his arms around her. Embracing her tightly to him. Aeris looked up at him as tears went down her face. The jade green eyes were swirling with a deep sadness and worry.
"What is it?" Cloud repeated in a whisper.
"Cloud there's something I've been wanting to tell you?" she replied tears flowing non stop down her face.
"What?" he pressed.
"Cloud..." she said pausing and laid her head against his chest, "I love you."
Cloud froze to her words, even though the feeling was in his heart too. His pulse quickened and he knew that time was running out. He pressed her tightly against him. "I love you too Aeris, but I have to go," he said his voice shivering.
She pulled away from him nodding. "I know, go. I'll take care of Tifa and explain everything to her," she said wiping tears from her eyes. "Go Cloud, be careful."
"I will, and thank you Aeris," Cloud said nodding and turned and left the church.
Finally him and Reno were on their way to Hoyt, to investigate the rumor of Sephiroth's return. Aeris settled herself after a few more minutes of sobbing. Then stood and headed back to Tifa and Cloud's home. Tifa was pacing around the house when Aeris arrived. She stopped pacing the moment she saw her come in and sighed in relief.
"Tifa..there's something we need to talk about," Aeris said as Tifa started to say something.
They sat in the kitchen as Aeris explained everything that had happened. She had left out the parts about her and Cloud. She figured she'd wait to tell her until Cloud returned. She did, however, tell Tifa that Cloud had left with Reno to Hoyt and that she had regained her memories. At the end of the story Tifa sat baffled and staring at the new Aeris. Words wouldn't meet what her mind wanted to ask. She just sat back and stared.
"So....you're Aeris?" Tifa said finally.
"Yes, I am," Aeris replied with a nod.
"...And Cloud left with Reno?" she recited what Aeris had said.
"Yes, he did," Aeris said again nodding.
"...To find Sephiroth?" Tifa continued to question.
"That's right," she said once again nodding.
"They went to Hoyt?" Tifa pressed.
"Yes they did," Aries answered using the same tone.
"Then they went...to find Sephiroth...they're off to Hoyt," Tifa thought out loud.