Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VII ❯ Chapter 10 Reno's Life in Danger ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy VII
a fan fic by LIndsey Huff





Chapter X: Reno's Life in Danger



Reno shook his head. "I'm done running. This turk is all washed up," he said still smilng. "My life ends here today."
Tifa glared at him angrily. She couldn't get past the fact that he was throwing away his life to the turks instead of escaping. Elena called from the floor below and Tifa's look deepend on him. He was serious about throwing it all away. It seemed that he had given up completly and Tifa wasn't ready to accept that.
"You may be washed up as a turk, but as a person you still have a full life to live!" Tifa spat out angrily as Elena called for Reno again.
"What do I honestly have to live for?" Reno asked his voice getting hostile.
"People who care for your life!" she argued.
"Name two," he demanded.
"Cloud and...me," she said afer a pause.
Surprise crossed his face and all the hints of anger melted away. He shook his head. "There is no one for me.....I have to pay for all I've done. Even if my punishment is death," he said just above a whisper.
"You're throwing away your life Reno!" Tifa shouted.
"Tifa...." Reno said.
Tifa was too fumed to answer him but the tone in his voice made her look at him. He was looking at her with an empty smile and tears staind his face. He shook his head and then looked at her again with the same expression.
"Thank you for helping me......" he continued, "....but my life is over."
Before Tifa could protest any more he walked past her and out of the room. He went down to Elena. She was surprised to see him in such bad condition but knew that it wouldn't matter what condition he was in. Soon enough, he wouldn't have to worry about pain. Elena led Reno out as she said that Tseng was waiting for them nearby. Tifa listened and sobbed silently in anger as she heard the door below shut.
She wasn't sure if her tears were for Reno or out of anger because he had willingly given himself up to the turks. Whatever the cause she knew that she just couldn't stand by and let him give up on life. She stormed out of the room and bursted into Cloud's room. Aeris and Cloud both turned to look at her. Tifa ignored the fact that they were sitting close together on the bed and deiced to tell them what had just happened.
"The turks came for Reno and I think they're gonna kill him!" she burst out tears flowing from her eyes.
Cloud stood as soon as the words came from Tifa's mouth. "When?" he asked.
"They left just a few minutes ago. I tried to stop him, but he...." she began but trailed off.
Aeris, Tifa, and Cloud went out into the hall way. They were talking about leaving Vincent, Yuffie, and Cid behind because Vincent had just woken up from his concussion. However the three were standing outside of Vincent's room looking at Cloud like he was the dumbest thing they had ever seen.
"You ain't goin' without us!" Cid said.
"Yeah! Yeah! If you're gonna go save Reno, we're going too!" Yuffie said in her usual upbeat tone.
Vincent held up his gun. "Just tell me who to aim at," he said.
Cloud shook his head. "I don't want to get all of you involved," he said dening their offers.
"Too bad then, you shouldn't have gotten us involved three years ago!" Cid annouced. "We're goin' an' there's nothin you can do about it!"
Cloud sighed. "Fine," he gave in.
Meanwhile, Reno was escorted into the turks' main hideout. Tseng was waiting for them in the main room. Beside him stood Rude with his arms crossed. Disappointment was clear on both of their faces. Elena pushed Reno forward and then went to stand on the other side of Tseng. There was a click noise and an elevator came down behind them. Rufus stepped off of it and the three in front moved aside as he stood in front.
"Reno, I'm disappointed in you," Rufus said watching him.
"I get that a lot," Reno said jokingly.
'This is not a joking matter Reno!" Tseng yelled.
"I'll handle this Tseng," Rufus said to Tseng then turned back to Reno. "Now, you know the rules."
"Yeah....I know," Reno said with a sigh.
"Any last words?" Rufus asked getting out his gun.
"Yeah....at least...I was able to feel wanted. At least I was able to feel like someone cared, and I mean really cared at least once. And finally, at least I got to see Sephiroth once with my own eyes," he said.
Rufus loaded his gun and held it pointed straight at Reno. Reno smiled the same emotionless smile and closed his eyes as a tear fell to the floor. He was ready and willing to take his punishment for disobeying the rules of the turks.That punishment, was death. The ultimate scrafice for those you care for. That's why he started crying as he waited for Rufus to squeeze the trigger. He had spent most of his life doing Shinra's dirty work and now it had all caught up with him. He would no longer have to worry about being a burden to Cloud or any one else. His life was over.
Time seemed to slow down into slow motion as Rufus' finger touched the trigger. There was a bang and then a loud clang. Reno opened his eyes realizing it hadn't been his body that had fell to the floor. Instead Rufus' gun was lying the floor and he was holding his hand. Reno looked over his shoulder and saw Vincent holding a long barrelled pistol. Cloud and the others came up from behind him and jumped in front of Reno.
"What the hell!?" Rufus exclaimed looking at Cloud.
"Sorry, this turk's life belongs to me," Cloud said glaring at the four in front of him.
"Elena, take Rufus and get out of here!" Tseng ordered.
"Right!" she said and then took Rufus' arm. "Come on sir."
As Elena and Rufus made their way to the elevator, Rude and Tseng stepped foward. Tifa grabbed Reno by his not hurt arm and lifted him to his feet. He gave her a surprised look and then she dragged him over to where Vincent was still standing clutching his gun tightly ready to shoot.