Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VII ❯ Chapter 11 Things Get Akward ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy VII
a fan fic by LIndsey Huff



Chapter XI: Things Get Akward


Reno watched Rude from a distance. He couldn't tell under the sunglasses if Rude was watching him but he signaled him any way. He made gestures that told Rude to knock out Tseng. Rude was watching Reno and raised an eyebrow to his gestures. The only possible way of knocking out Tseng would be to pretend that he was being manipulated by one of Cloud's friends. Rude quickly gestured this to Reno, who looked around desperatly his eyes stopping on Vincent.
"Hey...you have the oddest looking eyes here, could you help me with somthin?" Reno whispered to Vincent.
Vincent didn't move but replied, "What is it that you need me for?"
"I want you to just stare at the bald guy with the sunglasses," Reno said.
"Ok, I don't know what this is about, but I'll do it any way," Vincent agreed and focused his flaming orange eyes on Rude.
Reno nodded to Rude who started to suddenly shake for no reason. Tseng's attention was brought away from Cloud and to the funny moving comrade at his side. His eyes showed great confusion. Rude told Tseng that he had no control over his body. Tseng withdrew his eyes from Rude and searched the room. He noticed Vincent staring at him and assumed it was he who was doing this. Just as Tseng raised a gun to Vincent, Rude hit him over the head and knocked him out. Tseng fell to the floor his gun sliding from his hand.
Rude stood looking at Tseng and then looked up to see Reno rushing towards him. He passed Cloud, Cid, Aeris, and Yuffie before they could say anything. Reno held his weapon in his right hand. He stopped standing in front of Rude clutching his weapon.
"Sorry, old friend, but I have to escape from here," Reno said to Rude and then nailed him right in the stomach.
Rude held his stomach and looked at Reno before falling backwards out cold. He turned to face his friends and shrugged. Cloud put away his sword and everyone else echoed the movement. Just a moment later everyone froze staring just beyound Reno. Reno stopped smiling and turned to see Sephiroth himself. Before Reno could get away Sephiroth grabbed his hurt arm.
"Arrrgghh!" Reno cried out in pain.
"I see you cleaned this city of my stigma! Well....I'll take care of that," Sephiroth said squeezing Reno's arm.
"Arrrrrrrrggghhh! Stop...!!!!" Reno said between gasps of pain.
"Oh? Does it hurt?" he mocked.
"Let him go!" Cloud ordered.
Sephiroth looked at Cloud and laughed. Then he released Reno, who fell to his knees from the pain in his left arm. Sephiroth took his long sword and held it up. Cloud froze as he regconized the postion Sephiroth was in. It was the same postion he had been in when he killed Aeris. Cloud couldn't move from his spot, he was frozen as the past came to haunt him once more. This gave Tifa the chance to attempt to stop the evil from killing one of her friends. Since Cloud was frozen, she took off at a dead run towards Sephiroth.
Sephiroth grinned as he watched Tifa desperatly run towards him. Then he thursted his sword into Reno's left shoulder. Reno let out a horrifing scream as pain surged all over his body. Never in his life as being a turk had he experienced so much pain. Never. Tifa yelled no as she ran closer. Sephiroth's grin went wider when he saw her attempt to hit him. He took Reno by the back of his shirt and shoved him towards Tifa as she was getting ready to hit him. They slammed into each other and fell to the ground, and then passed out from the impact.
Sephiroth looked at Aeris his teal colored eyes burning with amusment. Aeris froze in her place now. It wasn't because she was staring into the eyes of the man who had killed her three years ago. It was because she felt something odd in her activate. She felt a stream of amusment run through her veins, but she didn't feel amused. The feeling surging through her matched the look in Sephiroth's eyes, that's why she had stopped moving. Sephiroth started towards her and Cloud took her by the wrist in attempt to flee from him. He appeared in front of them and knocked Cloud off gaurd. Cloud was flung to the the ground and knocked out.
"You and I....are connected," Sephiroth said to Aeris.
"No...." she said trying to flee from him.
He grabbed her wrist and a blinding green light flowed from both of them. Vincent, Cid, and Yuffie covered their eyes in attempt to sheild them from the light. Suddenly everyone in the room felt exhausted. The three collasped without warning. Aeris was on her knees only being supported by Sephiroth's grip on her wrist. She was still coniscious but barely.
"You see, you and I are connected," he repeated.
"I...will...never....be...like....you," Aeris muttered just before passing out.
He released her wrist and her body fell limp next to Cloud's. "But Aeris....you are like me....more than you know it," he remarked and then turned and left.
Reno was the first to awake hours later. He couldn't move his legs or body, but his right arm was still free. It felt like something was weighing his body down. He looked down and saw that Tifa was lying on top of him. Her head was resting on his chest and her breasts were pushed against his stomach. Their legs were tangled together so he couldn't stand to push Tifa off. He laid there thinking until Tifa stirred. She opened her eyes but didn't seem to realize what she was lying on.
"As much as I like you Tifa, could you get off?" Reno asked his voice slightly amused.
Tifa looked up at him and immdently sat up. "I'm sorry I didn't realize..." she said her face turning red.
He sat up the best he could wincing as his arm viberated in pain. A small pool of blood was left on the ground from where he had gotten stabbed in the shoulder. "Oh...it's fine," he said tring not to wince.
Tifa dared to look at him and noticed that his eyes were shining with pain. His face was drained of color and his eyes kept squinting. "Are you ok?" she asked concerned.
"I'm...fine," he said failing a lie.
"No, you're not your face is pale," Tifa said.
"Really......?" he remarked trying to make it saracastic but failed again.
"Reno...are you bleeding?!" she shreiked noticing the pool of blood behind him.
"No...no.........yeah," he said shaking his head and then nodded giving up.
"Oh my!" she exclaimed peering over his shoulder to see the large cut in it.
"Tifa...." Reno said dizzily.
"Huh?" she said sitting in front of him and looking at him.
"I can't....feel...my arm...." he said falling foward.
Reno fell onto Tifa's right shoulder. She caught him before he fell again and then gently laid his head on her lap, so she could fix up his shoulder. As she was doing so, Cloud awoke. Cloud sat up with a hand on his head and then he saw that Tifa was awake. He carefully stepped around Aeris' body and stood next to Tifa looking down at what she was doing.
"Is he ok?" Cloud asked after Tifa had finished.
"Yeah, just Sephiroth cut a pretty deep hole in his shoulder," she replied looking up at Cloud.
Cloud walked away to wake the others. A moment later Reno stirred. He opened his eyes half way and looked up at Tifa dizzily. His head was spinning and his arm and shoulder ached. Reno became aware of Tifa's body warmth and smiled weakly at her. She noticed his smile and looked at him worridly.
"Are you ok?" she whispered.
"I am now," he said still smiling.
Tifa didn't know whether to feel offended or flattered by his meaning. "You scared me," she admited.
"You didn't have to help me," he said ignoring her.
"No, but if I didn't you would've bled to death," Tifa replied.
"Why'd you sit so still?" he asked his voice soft.
"What?" she questioned confused.
"Have I been lying here the whole time?" he said closing his eyes a moment.
"....Yeah," Tifa confirmed in a small voice.
"Why?"
"I....You fell on me."
"So?"
"So? I felt like I needed to help you."
"You didn't have to sit here the whole time. You could've set me on the floor."
"Can't you just be greatfull?"
"Oh, I am."
"Then what's with the twenty questions?"
"I just find it odd, that's all."
"Of course you would!"
"Yeah, I know, because your face is red."
"Oh.....really?"
"Yeah, are you blushing? Or embrassed?"
"Um......"
"I'm waiting."
"Please Reno.....stop," Tifa said her tone suddenly getting quieter.
He opened his eyes and looked up at her. "What?" he questioned his voice softer too.
Tifa closed her eyes as if it hurt say what she was going to say to him. He watched her expression and knew she was about to say something important. Reno's face lost all of its amusment as he waited for her to go on.
"I don't....I don't want to...." she muttered.
"What? You don't want to what?" he pressed.
"I don't want to.....I don't want to fall for you Reno," Tifa replied her voice shaking.
He gave her a shocked look. He couldn't believe that the thought had even crossed her mind. Then again she had been really nice to him ever since they got back from Hoyt. His mind began to wonder with so many questions. He wondered why she would say a thing like that, but then he also wanted to know why she was scared to fall for him. His mind and heart were racing fast.
"Why not?" he asked his voice so soft it was barely audible.
"Because I....I care for...." she started looking over her shoulder at Cloud who was making his way to where Vincent rested.
"Cloud..." Reno finished looking away from her.
"Oh, Reno please don't----" she started but stopped when he raised his hand.
He sat up and then with a little struggle stood. "Don't worry about it....some things....just turn out akward," he said and started to walk away. "This is one...of those things."