Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VII ❯ Chapter 12 Tangeled Web of Emotions ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy VII
a fan fic by LIndsey Huff




Chapter XII: Tangled Web of Emotions


----------Dairy Entry 3---------
We made it to Hoyt and found Sephiroth. He nearly killed us. I also accomplished to find Vincent and bring him back, Yuffie was happy. Yesterday however Reno was taken from us by the turks. We saved his life just in time. Sephiroth appeared there too, he stabbed Reno in the shoulder. I have a feeling that the reason he did this is bad. Tifa has been mopey ever since earlier today....Reno disappeared again and with a hurt arm. I don't know what I should do.


"This is my fault!" Tifa cried as Cloud walked into the room where Reno had been staying. The blankets were messed up and bloody bandages were laying on it. It was still warm, so Reno had gone within the last fifteen minutes or so. Tifa had just noticed it and was sitting in a chair that sat in the room.
"What are you talking about?" he asked.
"I made Reno leave! I did this! Me! Me!" she shreiked and ran past Cloud.
He chased after her following her down the stairs. "Where are you going?" he questioned as she stopped at the front door.
"To find Reno and drag him back here," she replied and stormed out the door.
Tifa left and searched the whole city, even the other bar. There were no signs of the ex-turk. It seemed that her red headed friend had fled the city after what she had told him earlier that day. Dusk was setting in and Tifa sat down in an alley trying to think where else she could possibly look. Just then the sky rumbled unhappily and rain began to fall. Tifa sighed and stood about to give up.
"You know....you shouldn't be in the alleies all alone," a voice said behind her.
She spun around to see Reno with a slight grin, his arm still in the sling. "Reno!" she exclaimed.
"The one and only," he said.
She smiled at him and then slapped him across the face with most of her force. She was both releived and angry to see him. He put a hand on the red mark on his cheek. Then looked at her with a frown.
"Don't give me that look you deserved that!" she hissed at him.
"I know...I know," he said sighing.
"Why'd you leave Reno?" Tifa asked her voice soft.
He pulled her into the alley so she was out of sight from people walking down the streets holding umbralas. "I needed to think," he replied.
"About what?" she questioned her tone doubtful.
"Well....I needed to know....why I was so upset earlier today," he admited.
Tifa didn't say anything. She just looked down. She knew exactly why he had gotten upset, or at least she had an idea. Reno was jealous of Cloud, she knew that for sure. She wasn't sure if he was jealous because Tifa loved Cloud or because Cloud had two people while Reno had no one. Then again, Cloud's heart was too full to accept Tifa any more than a childhood friend.
"Well..?" she prompted crossing her arms over her chest.
"Can't I just show you my progress?" he asked choosing his words carefully.
By now the rain had soacked both of them. Tifa's hair was black against her face and her leather was slimy and silkly. Reno's red hair on top was down and touching the sides of his face. The ponytail in the back stuck to his wet clothes like glue. The sling, being blue in color, was see through and you could see the bandages wrapped around his left arm.
She waited patiently watching Reno very closely. Her arms were still crossed when Reno placed his right hand above her head on one of the building walls in the alley. Tifa was perpared for any thing that Reno was going to give her. However, what Reno did next was something she wasn't perpared for.
He leaned towards her, his wet clothes touching her's. He pressed himself against her body, so that she became aware that he was wet and cold under the clothes. Then he colided his mouth with her's before she could push him away. Tifa's eyes widened with surprise and after a few moments she pushed him away giving him an offended look.
"What do you think you're doing?!" she exclaimed.
"Sorry, I said I wanted to show you what I figured out," he said with a little laugh.
"That doesn't give you the right to go around kissing people!" she protested.
"Then how come it took you so long to push me away?" he asked grinning.
Tifa's face turned red. "That's not the point, Reno! You invaded my space!" she said offensivly.
"But you enjoyed it," Reno said smiling now.
"How can you prove that?" she snapped glaring at him.
"I can prove it by, predicting that if I kissed you again right now, you wouldn't push me away," Reno said still smiling cunningly.
"Try me," she said smirking.
"Really? You wanna take me up on the bet?" he questioned.
"Knock yourself out," Tifa said wiping the wet hair from her face.
Reno approached her as before but this time he had a cunning smile on his face. He knew, or thought, he knew that he'd win the bet. Tifa was frowing at him waiting for him to kiss her so she could prove to him how wrong he was. He slid his right hand under her wet hair and held her face as his lips touched her's for the second time. Tifa uncrossed her arms this time and didn't resist or hesitate. She kissed him back almost instantly. After a minute or so Reno withdrew and looked at Tifa with a smile.
"I told you," he said amusment present in his voice.
Tifa opened her eyes slowly a warm smile crossed her lips. "I don't care," she replied.
He lifted his eyebrows. "You little lair! You said that just to get me to----" he began ranting.
"Shut up Reno, so what if I did. I came here to drag your sorry butt back and that's what I'm gonna do," she said interrupting her.
"Hey, I'm all your's after that," Reno said willingly.
He willingly followed her back to where Cloud was waitng, by then all the others were asleep. It was nearly nine when they arrived soacked by the rain. The red smack on Reno's cheek had faded. Tifa trotted upstairs to change her clothes without a word to Cloud. Cloud looked at Reno and sighed.
"You need some clothes?" he asked.
Reno nodded. "Dry clothes would be nice," he replied.