Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VII ❯ Chapter 13 Where is Sephiroth ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy VII
a fan fic by LIndsey Huff




Chapter XIII: Where is Sephiroth?


Dairy Entry 4,
Tifa looked happier when she returned home yesterday. They were both wet and it was late when they finally got home. Reno, also seemed upbeat. I wonder what happened.... Any way I need to find some news on Sephiroth's location, I can't let him revive Jenova. If he sucesses this time....this could be the end of everything.




Cloud stood at the window in his room. Yuffie burst in suddenly startling him. Cloud looked at Yuffie with a shocked glare, but he said nothing to her rude manners. She shook her hands and her head as she approaced him. Then stood with her fists clentched, her face was frantic. Cloud noticed her expression and turned to her.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
"Aeirs is gone! And Tifa too!" she bursted.
"What?!!!" Cloud practically shouted.
"We gotta do something!" Yuffie exclaimed her voice getting excited.
"Calm yourself," came Vincent's deep voice from the doorway. He walked into the room in a gracefull stride.
"How can you be so calm?" Yuffie asked turning to Vincent wit a little jump.
"Because...." he replied simply.
"But Sephiroth is out there! Who knows what coulda happened to 'em!" she complained her tone a little whiney.
"He sure is, that's why Vincent's so calm," Reno chimed in stepping into the door way.
"What?" Yuffie asked confused.
"They found Sephiroth's sword in the city today, which means he's defensless. Tifa and Aeris went to go make sure it was real," he explained.
"So there is no need to get excited," Vincent said watching Yuffie.
Yuffie's body relaxed. "Oh...that's good," she said sighing and left the room.
"When will they be back?" Cloud asked with a silent sigh of relief.
"Soon," Vincent answered and turned and left as gracefully as he had entered.
"That guy sure is all about short answers," Reno said watching Vincent. "I'll see ya later Cloud."
"Reno..." Cloud called and Reno stopped at the door his back to him. "What happened yesterday?"
"I don't know what you're talking about," Reno replied smoothly looking over his shoulder.
Cloud didn't say any thing after that and let Reno walk away. He knew something had happened yesterday, but he didn't want to push the issue. He left the room himself to follow Tifa and Aeris and go see the sword that was reported found in the middle of the city. If Sephiroth's sword was here, where was the owner to it? Cloud finally reached the center of town about fifteen minutes later. A crowd was gathered around a stage. A man stood on the stage and beside him was something covered with a sheet. Cloud searched the crowd and saw a wave of silver hair.
He pushed through the crowd and stood where he saw the silver hair. He looked around and then another wave of silver flash past his eyes. Just as he started to move towards it a person blocked his path. Cloud looked in between the space of the person blocking him and where he had seen the silver. Sephiroth's face hovered above the person's shoulder and he smiled evily. Cloud froze and stared for a moment before another person blocked his view. When that person moved Sephiroth was gone.
"Cloud?" Aeris questioned and touched his shoulder.
Cloud spun around startled and relaxed when he saw Tifa and Aeris. "Hey," he greeted them.
"You ok?" Aeris asked looking at him.
"Yeah, I'm fine," Cloud replied with a little nod.
"And people, I present to you...the sword of the Great Sephiroth!" the man on the stage said.
Aeris, Cloud, and Tifa turned to face the stage where the man had his arms raised. He put a hand on the sheet and pulled it off. Sure enough, Sephiroth's ten foot long sword was sitting on a stand under the sheet. The crowd gasped and began to murmur things about it. Until the man held his hands up to silence them.
"Sephiroth, as you all know, was a member of SOILDER eight years ago. He was a hero after the war and a loyal member. That is, until something drove him mad. Ever since his visit to the town of Nibleheim, the Great Sephiroth, is our greatest fear! But now, since we have his sword, his terror will be no more!" the man said and the crowd roared with pleasure.
Everyone was chattering and cheering about the man's speech, everyone except for Aeris, Tifa, and Cloud that is. They knew the truth of Sephiroth. He was a lot more dangerous even without his sword, than the people thought. They would soon figure this out though. A green light shined brightly in the sky and everyone gasped as they looked up. The beam became closer and then the stage was crushed by it. The crowd backed away from the broken stage. Aeris, Cloud, and Tifa were the only ones who stayed where they had been standing.
Silver hair blew in the wind as it cleared the saw dust from their vision. Sephiroth stood with an evil grin on his face. His eyes were searching every face in the crowd. Finally his teal eyes settled on the three in front. He bent down silently and retrieved his long sword from the remains of the stage. The man who was standing on it, laid motionless in the broken planks.
"My, my, my, what a coensedense seeing you three here," he said his eyes moving from Cloud, to Tifa, and then to Aeris.
"Get out of here," Cloud snapped.
"Now, now, Cloud where are your manners?" he mocked looking at Cloud.
Sephiroth approached Cloud smiling. Then he reached out his free hand and touched Cloud's forehead. Cloud couldn't move away from Sephiroth's touch. He froze in his place as past memories came through and haunted him. Cloud tried to push them away but Sephiroth's clutch on his mind was too powerfull. The memories flashed through his head.
He saw himself standing beside Barret in Midgar, then heard the alarms as the bomb was set on the reactor. He saw the meeting they had under Tifa's bar. Heard Tifa saying that she was coming this time. Then he saw him hanging on to the edge, clinging for life. Cloud fell and it led on to the next vision. He saw the church and heard the sound of Aeris' voice. After that the memories sped up, as if someone had pressed a fast foward button. He saw the City of the Ancients. His mind's eye watched Aeris die again. Then he heard a voice.
"Now...Cloud, watch as I destroy what you've learned to love...." came Sephiroth's voice.
Cloud couldn't see nothing but blackness. "No....you can't...." Cloud said his voice echoing.
"You're right.....it'd be better if you did," Sephiroth's voice replied. "Take it Cloud....take my sword in your hands and slay these worhtless people..."
"No...I won't...." he protested.
"But you will!" Sephiroth ordered and then Cloud felt as if his head was being pushed on.
Everything came back now, the people, the crowd. Everything except Sephiroth was missing. Cloud stood holding his head and then walked towards Sephiroth's sword, which was lying about five feet in front of him on the ground. Aeris watched him approach the sword and then something odd happened. As she watched Cloud walk towards the sword, she saw Sephiroth. She shook her head and turned to Tifa worridly.
"Cloud has been mind captured," she said concerned her eyes moving back to Cloud who was almost in reach of the sword.
"What?" Tifa questioned watching Cloud and then looked back at Aeris. "I don't understand."
"I can see Sephiroth inside Cloud," Aeris said.
Cloud turned his face towards them just as he reached the sword. His eyes were the teal color of Sephiroth's and his pupils resmebled those of a cat's. Then he smirked and bent down and took the sword in his hands. The crowd was gathered togehter in fear. They were too frightened of Sephiroth to move and still were in shock. Tifa cuped her mouth with a hand and looked over at Aeris again.
"You're right.....his eyes...!" she gasped.
Aeris nodded and ran towards Cloud grabbing the hands that held the sword so it was held between them. "Cloud no! Sephiroth is in your head, you have to fight him!" she begged desperatly.
"Release me!" Cloud demanded his voice oddly raspy and then he shoved Aeris away from him.
Tifa caught Aeris as she fell away from Cloud. Cloud took off at a rush in the middle of the crowd. His movments left behind a gleaming green light. The crowd roared with panic as the muffled sound of a body hit the ground from the center of the crowd. Now it broke up, people were running around every where screaming. Cloud zoomed after them before Tifa could help Aeris up. One by one, all of the panicing people in the crowd, fell to the ground cold. Blood staind the streets now as a good one-hundred bodies lined it.
"Kill, the last two....." a voice told Cloud.
He turned facing Tifa and Aeris who stood in awe at the massacre. Cloud zoomed towards them, holding the long sword in front of him as he rushed for them. Aeris jumped in front of Tifa as Cloud came rushing towards them. She held up her hands and tears flew from her eyes.
"Cloud!!! STOP!!!!!!" she yelled closing her eyes expecting not to be able to open them.
There was a sound of something hitting the ground. Aeris' heart was speeding, was she dead? She opened her eyes, to find out that she was untouched, except that the bow in her hair laid on the ground cut in two. Cloud was on his knees, the blood staind sword was beside him. He just stared, unable to make words come as he sat in shock of his actions.
"Cloud....." Aeris said kneeling to him, "it isn't your fault."
"I....killed them....unmercifully," Cloud muttered.
Aeris shook her head. "Sephiroth did this, he was manipulating you," she said soft toned.
"No.....I held that blade.....the blood is on my hands....." he replied.
Aeris wrapped her arms around him and pulled his head to her chest. He put one arm around her and shivered. The shock from the event still surging freshly through his head. Tifa watched them a moment and then waundered away taking out a cell phone. She punched in the numbers and waited, finally someone answered.
"Hello?" came Reno's voice on the other line.
"Reno, get the others and get here quick," she ordered hastily.
"Why, what's up?" he questioned.
"Just do it, please this is important," she snapped the last part soft toned.
".......Ok, I get it. I'll be there soon," Reno said after a pause and then hung up.