Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Glass Tower ❯ Elevator ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

#24 Elevator
[word count: 604]
 
Rufus was scowling as they waited for the elevator to arrive. Reno didn't have to wait long before he was told the root of his poor disposition.
 
“I cannot believe the best security I could get for this building was an automated alarm system that will alert me should an intrusion occur,” Rufus groused. “Any amount of property damage could be sustained before I get the break-in properly investigated.”
 
Reno shrugged, “Hey, at least the system puts the building on lockdown until one of us can disable it.”
 
Rufus snorted derisively, “Yes, I suppose that's something.”
 
As the new headquarters for the company, the diminutive skyscraper was a far cry from the monolithic tower that had once been at the heart of Midgar. Still, it was nice to be based in a big city once more. He only wished Rufus could share his contentment. While he seemed happy to be able to bring the company into a more public domain, its sorry state of affairs frustrated him.
 
Reno could understand his aggravation. With the military in shambles, the SOLDIER project discontinued, and merely four competent Turks at his disposal, Rufus still had to make nice with Reeve. WRO had control of most of the recently tapped reservoirs, leaving Shinra in the position as little more than an electricity provider. Rufus wanted the company to be a world power like it used to be. His methods and ideas had softened a bit in the past two years, but it didn't change his lust for control and unwavering public loyalty.
 
He wanted to cheer his lover up and as the doors to the elevator slid open, Reno began to formulate a wicked plan. After they boarded the lift, Reno made a point to commandeer the control panel. He ignored Rufus's glare of annoyance and pressed the button for the ground floor. Shortly after the elevator began its slow decent, Reno activated the emergency stop. Rufus gasped softly as the elevator shuddered to a halt and the lights dimmed dramatically.
 
“What the hell are you doing?” Rufus demanded.
 
Reno turned slowly and favoured him with a devious grin. “Ya know what's great about having a fully automated security system?”
 
Rufus's disgruntled expression didn't change much as he arched an eyebrow skeptically. “What?” He asked rather snappishly.
 
“There's no one around to watch the cameras,” Reno drawled as he stalked toward Rufus.
 
“I fail to see how that's such a great—“
 
Reno quickly silenced him with a deep kiss. Rufus's reaction was one of instantaneous, wonderfully familiar lust. His mouth parted easily for Reno's tongue and he felt Rufus's fingers curl along his hips.
 
“I think…that I'm beginning to see your point,” Rufus breathed against Reno's lips. “That doesn't change the fact that we're still being filmed.”
 
“Don't worry,” Reno grinned as he began to make quick work of unbuttoning Rufus's vest and shirt. He felt a little frustration of his own at the sight of that goddamned black turtleneck. Reno sighed softly as he slid one hand up underneath it in order to touch his bare flesh. “I'll come in early and steal the tape before anyone can see it.”
 
Rufus chuckled, “Really? What will you say when Tseng notices it missing?”
 
“Oh I don't know,” Reno rolled his eyes elaborately, “I mean…if he gives me a hard time, I can always tell him the truth. It ain't like he's about to suspend me for inappropriate behaviour with the Turks so shorthanded.”
 
“How devious of you,” Rufus smirked.
 
“You love it,” Reno murmured as he moved in for another kiss and began to unbuckle Rufus's belt.