Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Glass Tower ❯ Perfect ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

# 35 Perfect
[word count: 425]
 
It occurred to Rufus that he'd never seen Reno properly dressed in the Turks uniform. The tie had always been missing, dress shirt untucked, and suit a little rumpled. Of course limited modification to the uniform has always been acceptable, but Rufus considered Reno's rather simplified take on the notorious suit pushing those limits. It had never been a real issue since Reno had seldom been assigned to jobs in which such a thing would matter.
 
Anyway, Rufus found his lazy elegance part of Reno's charm.
 
Unfortunately, times had changed and the individual members of the Turks were not so specialized anymore. With Tseng and Elena assigned elsewhere, Rufus was relying on Reno and Rude for a much more formal bodyguard duty than they were used to.
 
Rufus heard the bedroom door open followed by Reno's voice. “Since when do you care what other people think anyway?”
 
“Normally it wouldn't be a problem but I won't be representing Shinra during this meeting,” Rufus explained as he rose from the living room couch and began to move down the hallway. He noticed with some disappointment that the bedroom door was only open a crack. “When it comes to WRO, I am merely a benefactor.”
 
Reno laughed, “C'mon, ya don't have to be modest with me. If it weren't for you, Reeve wouldn't be able to provide half the organization's services. Forget rebuilding the cities destroyed during Meteor Crisis, he'd barely be able to pass out sandwiches on street corners.”
 
Rufus chuckled softly. It was a bit of an exaggeration to say the very least, but he appreciated Reno's loyalty. “Are you coming out or shall I come in?”
 
“Yeah, yeah,” Reno practically growled, “hang on, yo.”
 
When he finally stepped into the hallway, Rufus had a moment in which he forgot to breathe. With his suit well-pressed and impeccably tailored, Rufus had never seen him look so beautiful. His hair was still wildly rebellious and his bangs dangled in his eyes without the shades to keep them at bay. Reno probably thought he looked stiff and uncomfortable, but all Rufus could see was razor sharp angles and the promise of danger.
 
He pressed him against the nearest wall and kissed him hard. It excited him that Reno let him take such liberties at that moment.
 
“I take it I clean up well enough,” Reno breathed against his lips.
 
“Hm,” Rufus intoned softly, wishing they had a little bit of time. Ironically, all he could think about was getting him out of his clothes. “You look perfect.”