Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Glass Tower ❯ Liquor ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

# 13 Liquor
[word count: 269]
 
“Drink up, rookie,” Reno grinned as he poured sake into the cup in front of her.
 
Elena scowled at him, “I know we're off-duty today, but shouldn't we doing something more…I don't know, productive?”
 
Reno arched his eyebrows at her, “Are you fucking kidding me?”
 
“No, I'm not,” Elena snapped, just about fed up with the brash redhead, “Surely there's something better we can do other than sit around and get drunk!”
 
“Give it a rest,” Reno rolled his eyes elaborately, “Tseng ain't here so you can cut the brown-nosing and drink your fucking sake.”
 
“Go to hell, Reno,” Elena snarled after knocking back the liquor, “I just don't get you sometimes. How is it you can be so good at what you do but be so nonchalant at a time like this?”
 
Reno just blinked at her. It only served to make her madder. Elena couldn't help but respect Reno, however that didn't mean she always liked him. Sometimes all he had to do was smirk at her and she'd get pissed off.
 
“What?” Elena glowered at him.
 
“Hey, uh, you're supposed to sip that,” Reno replied, looking somewhat bemused.
 
Her anger temporarily diffused, Elena frowned. “Huh?”
 
“You're supposed to sip sake,” Rude spoke up quietly.
 
“Oh,” Elena stared at the little cup she'd mistaken for a shot glass and felt a little silly. “Right…sorry.”
 
Reno laughed, “That's why I like you, Elena. Ya want so badly to be a stiff like Tseng but you're too much of a ditz to pull it off, yo.”
 
Elena gave him the finger as she helped herself to some more sake.