Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Glass Tower ❯ Tryst ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

# 23 Tryst
[word count: 278]
 
Footsteps echoed on wood but Reno didn't turn around. It was funny how you got to know a person. He knew it was Rufus as surely as he knew what would happen next.
 
Fingers brushed his long ponytail over one shoulder and lightly caressed the nape of his neck. As he closed his eyes, Reno felt a wash of pure contentment. Since Rufus had been sent away, he'd been living day by day. He plotted and schemed for all the ways they could find time for each other. Sometimes weeks would go by, but they always managed somehow, some way.
 
Like this time….
 
Reno was on a surveillance mission in Wutai and had called Rufus. He'd have a lot of downtime on his hands and the island was still isolated enough for someone like Rufus Shinra to come and go in relative anonymity.
 
Reno sighed softly as he leaned back and Rufus's arms slid around his waist. They didn't speak for a long time, merely stood together. Reno realized how beautiful and peaceful Wutai could be.
 
The silence was broken when Rufus pressed his face against the side of Reno's neck. Reno felt more than heard Rufus's inhaled breath and moaned softly.
 
“Ru,” He murmured.
 
His heart was pounding as he turned in Rufus's embrace. It hit Reno hard, looking into his lover's face, just how utterly gorgeous he was. He lightly brushed his lips along Rufus's mouth and delighted to feel him tremble slightly.
 
“Should I even ask how you managed to get out here?” Reno asked softly.
 
“Does it matter?” Rufus replied quietly.
 
“Not really,” Reno sighed as he sealed their lips in a deep kiss.