Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ If I Could Be You For A Day ❯ Costume Party ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

If I Could Be You For A Day

By Charles Xavier

A knock was heard from Yuffie's door.

"Yuffie? Are you in there?" Vincent voice called out.

"Vinnie?" Yuffie gasped. Immediately she opened the door for Vincent and let him in. "Thank God you're here! I was so worried about you!"

Yuffie grabbed Vincent like a teddy bear and squeezed him tight in her mighty arms. Vincent didn't seem to pull a happy face though, as he was suffocating from Yuffie's bear hug.

"Yuffie……" Vincent choked. "Please let go of me…….."

"Oh! Whoops!" Yuffie released him. "Sorry. I forgot I was in your body."

"Don't mention it." Vincent croaked out as he was catching his breath.

"Vinnie. I can't wear anything!" Yuffie squealed. "I don't want to go round places wearing nothing!"

"Calm down, Yuffie." Vincent opened up his back sack which he was carrying. "I brought you some of my clothes for you to wear."

"OOOOH!!!!" Yuffie smiled. "How sweet!"

"And I'm going to have to wear some of your clothes, if you don't mind." Vincent walked past Yuffie. But his path was blocked.

"Ahem. Excuse me? Beg your pardon? Did I hear something about my clothes?" Yuffie looked down at Vincent seriously.

"Yuffie, please. Don't make this difficult."

"Listen. NOBODY looks through my wardrobe except me!"

"But I am you." Vincent raised his brow, hoping to outwit the crafty ninja.

"GAAAA!!!!!!!" Yuffie messed up her hair. "Now YOU'RE making it difficult!"

"Well, then I guess can have a look then?"

"NO!" Yuffie stamped her foot. "But I will let you wear my stuff. And I'm the one who's going to pick it for you."

"Fine." Vincent crossed his arms.

"I'm going to have to ask to step into the bathroom." Yuffie pointed to the open door.

"Why?"

"Because I don't you peeking! D'uh!"

"Okay, then." Vincent walked away. "But don't take too long."

While Yuffie opened up her wonderful wardrobe, Vincent quietly shut the door behind him. While taking off his clothes, he could hear Yuffie next door humming to herself.

"Yuffie, did you by any chance see a wishing star last night?" Vincent said.

"Yeah. And I made a wish obviously."

"What was that wish exactly?"

"Well….to tell you the truth….I kinda wanted be 'you'."

"What?"

"Oh! Don't be so dense! I always wanted to see what's going on in your screwed up little head. You always keeping your mouth shut."

It was true. Vincent did seem quite isolated from everyone. He wasn't as proud of it as he had thought.

"But anyway, I suppose you saw the wishing star too and asked if you could be me, didn't you?" Yuffie disturbed Vincent's thinking.

"Yes." He replied softly.

"Why'd you do that?"

"………."

"Vinnie?"

He didn't answer.

"You still there, Vince?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Have you found any clothes yet?"

"Oh, sure." She dropped her head back down to her wardrobe. "Hmm, hm, hmmm……."

Then something snapped into Yuffie's head. She smiled evilly and rubbed her hands together, taking out two clean costumes from the back of which she had been saving for tonight.

"Hey Vinnie…do you know what day it is today?"

"Nothing special that I know of." Vincent replied. "But…oh no…..you don't mean…."

"YES!" Yuffie opened the bathroom door in jumping joy. "Today's the first anniversary of Sephiroth's defeat! We're going to the Gold Saucer with Cloud and the gang!"

Yuffie held two sets of clothes in her hands.

"And I've got something for you …or myself….to wear on this very special occasion!"

They were two costumes of two familiar looking characters from a certain TV series.

"You have to kidding." Vincent shook his head.

"Wake up, Vinnie! Tonight's the night you're going to be……SAKURA KINOMOTO(*)!" Yuffe handed the hanged costume under a large plastic cover. Vincent regretfully took the offer and began to shiver.

"Since you're wearing my costume. Then I'm going to be wearing yours!" Yuffie chuckled. "That's right! I'm gonna be………..SYAORAN LI(*)!"

Vincent stared into emptiness and collapsed.

"Vinnie?" Yuffie looked down her friend, who was lying unconscious on the floor.

(*) I just love Card Captor Sakura! ^_^

E-mail: charlesxavier85@hotmail.com .