Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ If I Could Be You For A Day ❯ The Wonder Square ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

If I Could Be You For A Day

By Charles Xavier

"Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."

Blanche DuBois, A Streetcar Named Desire

"Come on, Vince!" Yuffie said. "What can POSSIBLY go wrong in the Wonder Square?"

Yuffie had been bugging Vincent about coming to this area for ten minutes. Vincent refused to go anywhere after his scary incident concerning Rainbow Brite. Things were getting worse by the minute.

"Listen, we pulled through the Event Square, right? We can do it again here!"

"Yuffie." Vincent looked at her with strict eyes. "We've been through enough risk having to disguise ourselves as each other."

"Well, yeah." Yuffie thought. "But if we just moped around doing nothing, it would be plain obvious that something's up with us. Our secret would get revealed, and we'd be the entire laughing stock of AVALANCHE!"

Vincent paused in silence.

"Okay, then." He said. "But please try not to get us into any more trouble."

"Hey, dudes!" Dio happened to be outside the arcade. "What's up!"

"Oh hi, Dio!" Yuffie was about to say more but remembered to keep herself distant from everyone.

"YO! I love your costumes, man!" The muscle man laughed. "You two look so cute in them things! I've been making some new attractions in the Gold Saucer, y'know! Especially that new cinema. Man! It's making tons of money!"

Yuffie and Vincent nodded politely.

"See? Dio seems fine with us." Yuffie hit Vincent's arm and winked. "We'll get through this easily."

Yuffie and Vincent looked around the Square. Not too much had changed since they were last here. Though there did happen to be a small white puff sitting nearby the corner where Dio stood.

Oh! How sweet! It's a girl!

Yuffie loved moogles. They were probably the most adorable animal ever created. She slowly approached it, making sure she didn't scare it away.

"Hey, Dio." She asked. "Does your moogle bite?"

"Nope."

"Here…sweetie pie…come to your dear Yuffie…" Yuffie took out her hand to the crouched up creature.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The moogle reacted by jumping from her position and biting her attacker on the fingers.

"YAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!" Yuffie screamed. "LET GO OF ME!!!!!!!!!!"

Vincent and Dio jumped when Yuffie howled. She was hopping around and shaking the small fiend off her fingers.

"GET OFF!!!!!!!" Yuffie finally shook the moogle out of her fingers. She landed on her feet, however, and started running under Yuffie's legs. Turning back, she locked her eyes on her enemy and leaped up, munching her teeth onto her……

"AAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!" Yuffie was wobbling her butt which was half covered by the moogle's large mouth. "GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF! IT'S BITING MY ASS!!!!!!!!!"

The pain hurt so much that it made Yuffie scramble randomly around the Square. She even ran up the stairs and rushed into the arcade center, making Vincent follow her every step.

"SOMEBODY GET THIS TURD OFF MY ASS!!!!!" Yuffie screamed. Everyone inside stopped playing their games and stared at the shrieking man sprinting aimlessly. Cait Sith and Red XIII, who happened to be inside the arcade too, witnessed the bizarre image of Vincent running around the room and screaming like a five year old girl.

"What's up with Vincent?" Cait scratched his head.

"I think he's really off his head this time." Red XII shook his head. "First he sleeps in a coffin and now he's acting like a little infant."

"Hee! Hee! Vincent the infant!" Cait laughed. "Kind of reminds me of Yuffie." Cait added.

"Oh, look. There's that girl." Red nudged his head towards 'Yuffie' who was just watching 'Vincent' the whole way.

"Take this! You little hair ball!" Vincent swung her butt onto various arcade machines, hoping that the tiny beast would let go. Indeed the moogle released herself again eventually, but she had other thoughts in her mind…

"WAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Yuffie's voice came to an even higher pitch when the moogle was now biting the 'part' between her legs.

This hurts so much!

"GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!" The moogle growled.

All looked away, nearly sickened of what they were seeing. Vincent couldn't stand watching either. He covered his face and wished that this whole scene was just a hallucination of his. Now he was really embarrassed.

"Damn you moogle!" Yuffie cried punching the critter. Getting onto the ground she rolled herself along the floor, trying to escape the excruciating pain she was suffering. She went a little too far with that strategy when she ended up rolling out of the center and right towards the stairs. "Oh, no! Not again!"

Yes. She tumbled down the stairs.

"YEOW! EE! OW! OO! OH! DAMNIT! YA! MOTHER!"

After being bruised from the fall, Yuffie huffed and puffed as she tried to get up from her collapsed position. The moogle had finally given up and lied down strength less.

"Yuffie, are you okay?" Vincent ran down the stairs.

"No…I'm not!" She said rudely as she gripped her sore parts. "Ow…I can't even walk right!"

She limped angrily at Dio, who was still standing around the Square.

"Whoa, Vince. Looks like you've been having too much fun." Dio said. "Why don't you take a few minutes and time out?"

"I thought you said your moogle doesn't bite." Yuffie pointed to the tired out 'thing' beside the stairs.

"Um……that's not my moogle." Dio shook his head.

"Why…you…son of a…" Yuffie gritted her teeth and wanted to strangle Dio with her bare hands, but didn't have the might and just collapsed.

E-mail: charlesxavier85@hotmail.com .