Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 30

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 30

 

 

By this time, everyone had begun to leave; the excitement was over. The students chattered on about the fight as they cleared the area, leaving Selphie, Rinoa, Squall, Irvine, Zell, Raijin and Seifer.

 

Squall's cell phone buzzed and he answered it. After the short conversation, he clicked the phone off and lowered his head for a moment. He collected his thoughts, lifted his head, and called. "Shukera, you have to come back here."

 

Shukera stopped and sighed as she turned back around and returned to where Squall was standing. "What do you want??"

 

Squall faced her with a distraught look on his face. He couldn't even face his friends at the moment. From his reaction, she knew it couldn't be good. "I'm sorry…but…I have to place you under detainment. Headmaster Cid wants to see you immediately. He's waiting in his office now." Squall quickly looked away from his friends.

 

Shukera's eyes widened in surprise, "You're arresting me??? For what?"

 

Selphie defended Shukera, "Come on Squall, Shukera didn't do anything!! You can't do this!"

 

Squall shook his head and stared directly at Shukera. "I can't tell you until we return to garden. But…I do need…to take your sword." Slowly Shukera handed her sword to Squall. "I don't understand." Squall handed it to Zell. "Take this to Headmaster Cid's office and wait there for me." He turned to Shukera looking rather somber, "You will once you meet with Cid." He said nothing more as he began leading her back to the garden.

 

Raijin spun around and snapped at Seifer, "So help me if I find out that you had something to do with this Seifer!! You will be sorry, ya know!"

 

Seifer was just as surprised as the others were. "I don't have any idea what's this about or why Quistis jumped in that fight." He looked confused as he faced Raijin.

 

Raijin shouted, "WHY DO YOU HATE HER SO MUCH!!! YOU ARE THE REASON SHE'S HERE, YA KNOW!"

 

Seifer cocked his head to the side. "Me?? I haven't done anything…why is she here because of me??"

 

Raijin waved him off as he began to follow behind the others. "Figure it out for yourself, ya know!"

 

Seifer raced after him. "You mean to tell me that she is not here to take over the garden for Shin Ra??"

 

Raijin laughed, holding his stomach as if heard the funniest joke ever. "No! She's here to protect the garden, ya know. She's against Shin Ra!"

 

Seifer stopped and punched a tree. "That son-of-a-bitchin Sephiroth said she wants to destroy this place!"

 

Raijin folded his arms. "Nope! Wrong again, ya know. But, I guess Quistis put that idea in your head, ya know."

 

Seifer reached down and grabbed his gunblade. He didn't like being used that way! He was going to make them pay for duping him like that. He was lead to believe all along that Shukera was trying to take over the garden for Shin Ra. He hated himself for plotting against her. "Let's go get Shukera out of these charges!" They ran off towards Garden together.

 

Somberly Shukera followed Squall to the headmaster's office. The others walked behind her, curious to know what was going on. Squall remained silent as he pressed the button for the elevator.

 

Selphie protested, "This must be some mistake Squall!! Come on, let Shukera go!!"

 

Squall placed his hand on his hip but said nothing. The elevator doors opened with a hiss and he stepped inside. Shukera followed him and stood to the back of the elevator. She stared out of the glass wall down towards the fountain as she realized how much she had grown to like the garden.

 

Selphie continued to protest about Shukera being arrested until the elevator pinged, signaling it was their floor and the doors hissed open. Squall stepped out the elevator and escorted Shukera to the Headmaster's desk. There, Squall stood before Headmaster Cid and saluted.

 

"I have the detainee here sir." He stepped to the side as Selphie folded her arms angrily.

 

Headmaster Cid couldn't even look her straight in the eyes. He faced her and reluctantly began, "You are hereby charged with conspiracy to take over the garden and misleading our cadets. I have evidence that you are leading Shin Ra here for a take over. There is an order to detain you once you return to Midgar."

 

Shukera dropped her gaze from him and shook her head, "If I may speak?"

 

Headmaster Cid was relieved that she had something to say. He had a hard time believing this was all true. "Yes, of course."

 

"I never mislead your people. You were lied to, Headmaster Cid. I am requesting an escort to my room to get my laptop and I can show you evidence to support my story."

 

Headmaster Cid's gaze fell towards the floor. "Shukera, we already have your laptop computer. We had Sephiroth unlock your files and they clearly state your intentions."

 

Shukera paled as she panicked, "What do you mean you have my laptop?? Can I please see it??"

 

Headmaster Cid motioned for Squall to hand him the computer. Squall picked it up and placed it on his desk where Cid opened it and slid it to her to where she could see the screen.

 

Shukera gasped and her heart raced when she saw the messages of someone collaborating with Shin Ra. At the moment, things didn't look good for her. Then she closed the computer and saw the cover. Immediately Shukera looked up at Cid. "This isn't my computer."

 

Selphie moved next to Shukera and raised her hand happily as she bounced back and forth on her feet. "Um, I have something to say on Shukera's behalf!!"

 

Headmaster Cid nodded, "Go ahead."

 

Selphie cheered, "This is not Shukera's computer!! I have seen her using hers and it has a huge black dragon on the cover and its silver. It definitely does not have the Shin Ra logo on it. Nothing Shukera owns has the Shin Ra logo on it."

 

Squall placed his hand on his hip as he thought for a moment. "I saw Sephiroth with that one. He told us you would try to say that this was not your computer."

 

Shukera's heart raced faster to the point she was sure it was going to burst in her chest. For a moment she had trouble catching her breath.

 

Selphie jumped on both feet and protested, "HEY! I'm not lying!! I have seen Shukera use the other computer!!"

 

Shukera faced Squall, "Sephiroth has the other one?? Are you sure??"

 

Squall nodded, "I'm positive. He had it in his hand when he gave me this one."

 

Shukera began to pace nervously, "No way! How could this have happened??"

 

Headmaster Cid lowered his head. "I'm sorry Shukera but we will have to detain you and gather your things. You are here by deported and will be shipped to Midgar where they are awaiting your arrival."

 

Selphie jumped up and down and protested even more, "They switched computers on Shukera!!! Sephiroth has hers and she has his!!! Why won't you listen to me?!?!"

 

Raijin burst into the office and shouted, "Sephiroth and Quistis are no where to be found!! I have looked everywhere!!"

 

Behind him came Seifer followed by Fujin. The entered the office and stood in front of Headmaster Cid's desk. . Seifer, out of breathe, replied, "Selphie's right. Sephiroth traded the computers himself. If you don't believe me, think about why he never used the other computer in front of you. That's because it's not his."

 

Selphie faced Seifer angrily as she wondered what he was up to. "What are you doing here?? I thought you hated Shukera, now you're trying to help her???"

 

Seifer pointed at Headmaster Cid, "I have proof that these charges against Shukera are bogus. If you don't let Shukera go many people will die including our students here."

 

Squall thought for a moment, "Headmaster Cid, I don't think there is enough evidence here to prove that Shukera is guilty. However, I do feel that something is going on here and I think Shukera should come clean…now."

 

Selphie pleaded, "Headmaster Cid please let Shukera go!!"

 

Cid faced Shukera. "I am dropping the charges against you under one condition. You help protect garden and we will back you up 100%. Also, you agree to return here and become a full-fledged See D. This will be your See D exam."

 

Shukera smiled and saluted Headmaster Cid. "You got it! I would never allow Shin Ra to have this place!! I will return here and join your garden permanently."

 

Headmaster Cid nodded, "The charges are hereby dropped against you. Now, do what you must to stop them. After you tell us what's going on."