Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 64

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 64

 

 

Rinoa left him and walked out the door with the others. She stopped and hugged Shukera in the hallway, "Thank you for not letting them kill me. I hope you have a great time tonight. Selphie and I will make sure you do."

 

By this time Bethany opened her eyes and began to rub them. She yawned as she asked, "Where am I??" She smiled when she saw Shukera and hugged her neck, "Auntie Shukie!!! My Mommy and Daddy told me all about you!!"

 

Shukera blushed and hugged the child back. She carefully placed the child on the floor and grasped her hand. "This will be your new home now. There are other children here your age; I know you will like it."

 

Bethany smiled happily, "I know. Mommy told me about that too."

 

Seifer hung back as the others left. Shukera laughed then noticed him. She handed Bethany's hand to Selphie. "Give me a minute ok? I'll catch up with you guys."

 

Selphie giggled as she grabbed Raijin's arm along with Bethany's hand and walked down the hallway with them. Rinoa followed behind them with Irvine.

 

Fujin stood around the corner and watched Shukera with Seifer.

 

Shukera noticed the look on Seifer's face and knew something was wrong. He just shook his head, as he looked at her, confused. "What's wrong Seifer??"

 

Seifer shrugged, "Nothing really, just thinking."

 

She looked at him curiously, "About what??"

 

He looked down the hall and shrugged. "I…don't know what I feel right now. My memory has holes in it. I just know that I hurt Raijin and Fujin again. Fujin…she…" He sighed, "I'm sorry about what happened on the way there. I think that with the circumstances of going into battle, you worried about my life…that we rushed into something. I was overwhelmed that you had actually left your home to protect me. You can't imagine what that can do to a guy's ego." He tried to add humor to it. "I hope you are not upset with me or anything like that, but I have thought this through and realized I don't want to hurt the person I really care about…like I have been doing."

 

Shukera grinned as she looked at him, "I know. And I can tell you that Fujin will be happy to hear it." She slipped her chain off her neck and took Seifer's ring off of it. "I think you know who should have this." She placed the ring into his hand and closed his fingers around it. "A lot has happened Seifer. I'm not upset with you, not in the least."

 

Seifer took the ring back and nodded, "Yeah…a LOT has happened…most of which I can't remember." He turned to walk away when Shukera stopped him. "Just remember one thing. Fujin was the one who stood by you even when everyone else turned against you. I think that explains more than you will ever know. Take it easy on Raijin when you break the news to him. He cares deeply for her."

 

Seifer started laughing. He stopped and turned to face Shukera with a smirked, "Raijin may not be as bad off as you think. Remember, he stood up to me when it came to you. THAT says it all for Raijin." He turned and walked away as Raijin called Shukera.

 

Shukera shook her head as she ran up to them and high-fived Raijin then hugged him. Selphie raised an eyebrow taking notice of how close him and Shukera had become recently. Shukera noticed Fujin as she stood watching Seifer walk away.

 

Shukera smiled at Raijin and winked, "Give me one more minute." He turned and saw Fujin standing there. He ran his hand through his hair and stammered, "Uh…sorry Fujin…I uh, didn't mean to…." Raijin shook his head, now embarrassed. Shukera looked back at Raijin and laughed, "Hey Selphie, I'll be right back." She then motioned to Selphie to take Raijin further down the hall.

 

Selphie laughed and took Raijin by the arm once again. "Let's go plan your best friend's party." Bethany jumped up and down, "I wanna help too!!!" Irvine and Rinoa just shrugged, having no idea what was going on. They followed Selphie, Bethany, and Raijin down the hall as Selphie swooped the little girl into her arms. "You bet you can help!" Bethany clapped her hands happily, "YAYYY!!!"

 

Shukera smiled as she watched them walk away, then she walked up to Fujin. "Why don't we go for a walk?"

 

Fujin nodded and placed her hands behind her back. "I've never seen him so happy. It's like he's a totally new person."

 

Shukera smiled, "I'm glad you have your friend back."

 

Fujin shrugged, "I've been doing a lot of thinking about everything. The first thing I have to say is I'm sorry for what I said. I felt guilty because I knew Raijin had feelings for me, but Seifer…needed me, you know??"

 

Shukera nodded, "Yeah I do know."

 

"I miss being around Seifer the way we were before you first arrived…before this all started. I thought I was happy with Raijin, but when we thought you had died…" She sighed, "I'm no good at this!"

 

Shukera knew where she was going. "I gave him back his ring. It was a mistake for us to have been together in the first place. A lot of confusion and misjudged feelings caused a bit of chaos. I'm just glad to have the chance to straighten it all out."

 

Fujin nodded, "Makes sense. But, I still feel guilty on one account. For as long as we have known Raijin, none of us ever believed in him. He is a good friend and I don't want to hurt anyone."

 

Shukera stopped and faced her. "I was once told to search my heart. Maybe, you should search yours to see that you will find the truth."

 

A smile formed on Fujin's face. "I already know what's in my heart." She placed her hand against her chest and flushed slightly.

 

Shukera reached the door at the end of the hallway and opened it. "Then go get him. I would like to see you two at the party tonight…as a couple." She narrowed her eye at Fujin, "Don't have me to go loco on you two!!" Then she laughed and became serious. "Go tell him what's in your heart. You deserve to be happy…both of you do."

 

Fujin nodded and paused, "What's in your heart Shukera??"

 

Shukera shrugged, "I don't know. Last time I looked it was rather dark in there. Now its nothing but confusion."

 

"I think you know Shukera. You just have to be honest with yourself and the answer will be there, as plain as I see it now. Take care of Raijin. He never let us in the way he did you. Don't ever make him regret it." Then she smiled, "Welcome to the posse." She turned and ran out the door after Seifer.

 

Shukera watched her go and smiled. Her one statement said everything. Fujin had accepted her as a friend and her friendship with Raijin. Also she knew deep down inside, Fujin had forgiven her. "Yeah…thanks." She closed the door and ran to catch up with Selphie and Raijin.

 

When Shukera reached them, Raijin added, "Hey it's no fun planning this party when you are not here, ya know." Selphie agreed and Irvine nudged her. "Hey what's with you two??"

 

Shukera and Raijin just looked at each other and shrugged. "I'm just glad that my best friend is here with me, that's all, ya know." Shukera smiled as she reached out and touched his face. "Yeah me too!" Raijin noticed Shukera's necklace and scratched his head. "Uh, where's Seifer's ring?? Didn't you have it on earlier??"

 

Selphie, Irvine, and Rinoa stood there waiting for Shukera to answer. Even Bethany stared at them as if she were waiting for an answer. Shukera turned red faced and laughed; "I gave it back to him. It was over even before it started."

 

Irvine hit Raijin on the arm and whispered, "There ya go, she's all yours man."

 

Raijin flushed as he stammered, "Uh…Well, I uh…" He scratched the back of his head. "Oh man!!"

 

Shukera and Selphie faced Irvine, knowing he had something to do with Raijin's red face.

 

Irvine looked at them innocently, "What?? I didn't do anything!"

 

Selphie, Shukera and Rinoa turned away from him and chimed, "Right." The girls walked away from them laughing and left Raijin and Irvine walking down the hall by themselves. Once they were out of earshot of the guys, Shukera stopped and looked at Selphie.

 

"I don't have anything to wear to this party tonight! I wanted to get an outfit, but I don't know if I have time. I also think Bethany would like a nice new dress as well. Plus, I have no clue about these things."

 

Selphie and Rinoa grinned widely as they chorused, "Let's go shopping!!" Selphie grabbed Shukera's arm and dragged her back to the guys. "Hey Irvine, Raijin, there's something we forgot to do. We'll catch up with you later!" They ran off before Irvine or Raijin could say anything.