Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ LOST ❯ Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Konnichiwa mina! I had other plans for that chapter, but I decided to write that after all. Enjoy!
I do not own Final Fantasy 7 or any of its characters!
 
 
* * *
Memories
 
It was summer. Cloud's favorite season. As a child, he used to love playing till midnight. Together with Tifa they used to climb on one special tree and watch the stars from there. A evil smirk appeared on his face when he remember one day, when one big dog was chasing Tifa because of the smell of her shampoo and she was crying for help. He also remembered when they went to the river only to ketch some fish, but in the end they returned home whole drenched, but how fun it was… he wished he could do that again… but he couldn't. Now it was different - he loves her like a woman. Like a wife for a husband. Before they were children and that love was simply childish. But as the time went by, his love was growing bigger and stronger...
 
“Cloud! Cloud! My gosh, you are really sleeping! Now I have to climb over the tree to wake you up, or… I will wake you up with some water… haha some eggs of a chocobo will be just fine on your blonde hair if you ask me…” Tifa was giggling to the sleepy Cloud, that was dreaming all afternoon, lying on one final tree's branch. In the next second she was next to him, speculating what trick to play on him. She heard him barely to say “Fluffy”, which was their old dog's name. When she remembered something that Fluffy once had done, she went to the nearest shop and returned with some eggs. She slowly poured the glair on his face, keeping her laughter. As soon as the glairs was slopped on his eyes, nose and cheeks he waked up, screaming “Fluffly, get away from me!” and after he fell on the ground and almost cleaned his face up, he heard Tifa burst in wild laugh.
 
“I knew it, I knew you remember that!” The girl could almost say that from the tree, still laughing.
 
“It's not funny! It was whole shock when Fluffy's slavers were on my face! Damn it, I really thought that there is a dog above me! Grouse! Come here! I won't let you go just like this! Come here!” Cloud was all red feeling stupidly for letting his guard down. He just jumped and he was already up in the tree. Tifa jumped off and started running away and still laughing. Cloud afcourse soon caught her and shoved her on the ground. They were in a place like some forest or park, and there weren't much people. In fact that was the nearer place to the 7th Heaven, which was covered with final trees and grass.
 
When their glance met, Cloud felt awkwardness - he was above her and she couldn't move because of his weight, but he couldn't move as well - so near her, he was feeling her warmth on his legs…Since a kid he have wanted this. And now… he doesn't knew what to do… He needed to say something…
 
“ It's just like in the childhood. No troubles, no problem, just games and joy.”
He knew that the things that he was saying was very stupid but… he just couldn't do anything.
 
“No it's not like in the childhood. It's so more different. There is nothing that is the same.” Cloud could feel her disagreement in her eyes; he stood up, and helped her stand as well.
 
It was already sunset. Tomorrow they were going on a small sailing trip, but Cloud already didn't want to go. He had caught a sign from Tifa, that she doesn't have any other feelings for him. He was thinking about it in the small room behind the very bar when he heard Tifa`s cheerful voice “Diner is ready”. Cloud didn't feel in a state of eating at all. He just wanted to ignite Fenrir and go on the highway; he felt like he could kill whole army by himself, he felt like he could die…
 
“Hey, chocobo, what's up? Is there something wrong? “ He startle when she appeared in front of him, whit that warm smile on her face.
 
“No… I just was deep in thoughts. Let's go having a diner.” He said with smile, although he wasn't very happy.
 
Tifa noticed something. It was strange. Since Cloud has been here, he was behaving very gaily but now he was… little cold. Anyway, she thought, he could be just like that in the evenings.
 
Meanwhile they were having their dinner, they were talking about the neighbors` things, business and the latest gossips, and Cloud actually didn't notice any change in Tifa, in her personality, so he decided that she have him just like a close friend.
 
“So Cloud, where will we go tomorrow? Some little island or some big tourist resort?”
 
“I thought for sailing to the Donishi-chain Islands. They are very beautiful. “
 
“I've heard of them! They are many tiny islands, right?” Tifa said while taking off the table. Cloud stopped her as he held her hand.
 
“You cooked, I will clean.” He was looking at her in way to convince her. And of course she agreed. How just she could resist to these beautiful mako eyes, making her blush every time she hold a look at his glance for a while. Tifa went upstairs in her bedroom, changed in her nightgown, and after looking in her suitcase standing next to her bed, she went to bed. 30 minutes later Cloud quietly opened the door and entered the room. He kneeled next to the bed and kiss Tifa on her head. He was watching her for a while; determined to forget that strong feelings toward her. He was really hurt when she acted so coldly in the park, after he fell over her. He didn't want to ruin their strong relationship. He stood up and went out of the room. Tomorrow would be long day so he had to sleep well that night. But how Cloud could sleep after he wasn't stopping thinking for Tifa?
 
* * * * * *
Did you like it? You could smell the intrigue that is coming in one of the following chapters. Be ready for long story, `cuz this may be little more than I thought. Review!
Sayonara minna!