Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ LOST ❯ Carrying the other's life ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wow everybody, thanks for the reviews ^_^ First, I have to say one big sorry for the mistakes that I make, because I am just one 15 years old school girl and English isn't my first language, I study it at school. Second I have to say sorry for that I am writing so slowly. You know, the school year was ending now and I don't have any time for writing, but I will try to free some time for all of you, since I finally finished the school (I had A at everything except the chemistry that I finished with B T_T) Please enjoy! ^_^
 
I DO NOT OWN FF7!
 
 
* * *
Carrying the other's life
 
It was afternoon. The birds were singing so loud, that Cloud just couldn't sleep anymore. He stood up and looked around the house. Everything was so beautiful, but the most beautiful thing in his life weren't there. He thought that she is just somewhere for food, so he went to the waterfall, where they were hiding the day before yesterday. He washed himself, and then swam for a while and when he felt his hunger, the blonde went back to the house. But Tifa was still missing. It was a long time, or Cloud just felt like that so he decided to make something like hourglass. And before thinking it, soon he made it. But the girl his desires were for was still not there. Since he was waiting her, he had cached up some crabs, cook them as he found good to, and now he was eating pieces of their meat. But he couldn't wait any longer. He was so worried that he just went into the forest, screaming her name.
 
“Tifa!…Tifa come on, it's not funny!” he yelled, but no response.
 
Cloud started to run faster and faster. The same did his heart. The blonde went to the highest hill and shouted again: “Tifaaa!!!” but yet, no one could be heard. He was looking everywhere for her - in the ocean, in the house, near the orange trees where she was taking the food from, behind the waterfall, the place they woke up when they were for the first time in the island. But she wasn't anywhere… It was starting getting dark…and cold. Cloud was running around, he already knew all the places in the island, and he was looking for his beloved Tifa since a few hours. He was scared. Scared to death.
 
“TIFAAaaa!” Cloud was yelling without stopping. He decided to check one more time the way to the tropic trees. The mako-blue eyed man was looking very carefully for any signs for her, and then in the last moment he saw trail-tracks. His heart jumped. Cloud followed the tracks - he knew they were made from Tifa. The trails were making their way to the house and then they stopped. The man looked ahead and saw the lying body of his most important thing in the world. He flew towards her, and shaking her he was screaming her name:
 
“Tifa, Tifa, please wake up! Tifa! What happened to you? Oh my God please don't take her away! Tifa! Tifa!” while screaming loud, tears went dawn his cheeks. He noticed that she is breathing and that was kind of relief but he just couldn't understand what isn't right. Cloud took her in his hands and carried her to the beach-house. He was looking for a wound and soon he found a something like a bite from an insect, but pretty big one, on her leg. The skin around it was blue and swollen. No doubt - she was paralyzed from something. It wasn't snake or anything poisonous - she had to be death by now. Cloud knew, that there were insects like this, that can paralyze you, but not kill, and you won't be able to move for some time along. But the thing he was wandering for now was something else…
 
“Tifa, do you hear me? “ he said while lowering his head.
 
Cloud was thinking for something that she could do in that state, so he suggested something that is natural reflex.
 
“Tifa, if you hear me, swallow once.”
 
He looked at her very carefully, so he could see the response or the lack of it. Tifa gulped. Cloud's face shone.
 
“Tifa, don't worry I will protect you from everything. From now on, we will go around together in this island, so that I will be able to defend you.
* * *
It was already night. The hourglass that Cloud made was indicating midnight. Cloud was standing awake and was watching her. He couldn't sleep while she is in that condition. If she wanted to make some sign to him, he had to be awake to see it and react fast. Cloud was sitting on the floor, holding her hand so to make her know he is beside her and watch her. And then, the first sign for help came - she swallowed for a few times.
 
“What is it Tifa? You need something? Let me guess what is it - is it food?” the blonde waited for response but there wasn't.
 
“So, it is not food. Is it going out of the house?” Cloud saw her gulp so he took her and went outside.
 
“So… what you need now? Let me think… going to the bathroom?” - there was the “yes” response so it made the man blush. He was thinking fast and took her to the ocean. He was holding her in a way, which she could step on her own feed. He told her that this is the ocean in a case she is wondering where she is. They were standing there for a while. Cloud felt so strange to hold her across her waist. He was thinking isn't there any, ANY chance that she liked him just a little more than a friend. But he couldn't find proof for that. Finally he took her back in the house. While setting her on the floor, he noticed, that her skin was too hot. He took off her shirt and looked at her back - it was burned from the sun. And not only the back - both of the shoulders, the arms, and the upper part of her legs were burnt from the sun too.
 
“My God, Tifa it must be hurting! So, now I will turn you to lie on your belly and go outside to search for coco-nuts. If I have heard correctly it may lighten your pain. I will be right back!” - as soon as he said that, he left searching for coco-trees.
 
Cloud went out looking carefully at the trees. He suggested that at the beaches there are more palms than in the jungles, so he started running there, where the water and the land had contact (Oh my oh my, I'm listening Orange no Taiyou from Gackt and Hyde… ^_^). It wasn't long till he found a few coco-trees at the north part of the island (the beach-house that they made together is in the west part).
“I'm glad I found it!” -he said to himself and climbed on the first of them, which fruits seemed the ripest. He cut all the ripe fruits, which were all five. The blonde managed to carry all the fruits, and it was pretty easy for him - he was a man with big and strong arms, and a lot of experience. It wasn't dawn yet, when he came back in the house.
 
- Tifa it's me. I took some coco-nuts and now I'm gonna disencumber from the pain, if there is any. You know, I am not sure if the sensitivity of the skin is also paralyzed like the muscles. Hmm, when we came back home, I am gonna read more about the human anatomy - while talking to Tifa, he was preparing the treatment. He broke the coco-nuts into several pieces, pouring the milk in one of his tools that he made earlier, and the rinds he putted on her back, with the inwardly part laying on the skin. The blonde smeared her arms with the milk of the fruit. Cloud was standing next to Tifa and watched her. He felt that sleepy feeling so he decided to mumble something to himself to distract him. And the first thing that came in his head was the old soldier song.
 
During the day and during the night,
The soldier only had to be strong,
To show his power, to show his might,
And only in prison to sing his lonely song
 
A lonely song that not match him
A lonely one that is for her-
A flower this morning he gave
And his love He's given till grave
 
 
 
Cloud sang the song several times, but he felt sleepier than before, so he decided to catch something for breakfast. So he did this - went outside and set the little fishing net that they made themselves, and begun to wait for fishes.
 
* * *
 
It was dawn when Cloud woke up. In the end he had ended up sleeping on the beach near the water. He stood up and went to the fishing net, where he saw four different small fishes. The man took out of the sea the hole net and took it away from the water. He put it on the hand-made-stairs and went to check Tifa. After putting his palm on her skin he noticed that it wasn't so hot as before. That was a relief. Cloud went to lit a fire, although he knew it was raining recently and would be difficult to lit it. He took some big stones and placed them in a circle then he found dry sticks and some other things-for-making-fire. Now begun the difficult job. At first he tried to make a spark from two stones, but there was no advance, so he tried with flaming a wood. It seemed to be more successful since there started to form a smoke and finally there was the fire. Cloud was very cheered up because he knew how difficult it is to made fire, and still he made it himself for very short time. As soon as he made the fire, the fish were ready too. The mako-eyed took it within the house and sat next to the girl.
 
“ Hey Tifa I made a breakfast. First I will take the coco-nuts away from your back and then will help ya eat. “- The man spoke and did as he said. But when there was the time for eating, he convinced that Tifa couldn't eat herself. There was only one thing in Cloud's mind, which could help her eat. He thought for a second, if there is need she to eat now, but the rumble that came from Tifa stomach persuade him to do as he thought earlier. Cloud assumed one of the fishes and chewed it perfectly, then leaned down his head next to her. He was an inch away from her, and was looking her closed eyes and her ajar mouth he was feeling strange, but when he felt the fish's taste in his mouth he remembered what he had to do so, he just and simply place his lips over hers and threw the food across to her mouth. Then he pulled away waiting to her to gulp this, and after that he leaned for another portion. He leaned down five times, and all these five times he felt like in heaven. At the last transfer he felt himself wanting to kiss her passionately. She just tempted him. His heart was beating fast and he was sweating a little. This touch was so much different. Cloud just did knew when has he died, because he felt like in heaven and the most beautiful angel in the world was standing opposite him…
 
* * *
 
It was two days since Tifa was in that condition, but Cloud didn't fed her second time like this. He had made a new tool to squash food before putting it into her mouth with a something like spoon. Now he was making her way back to the house carrying a small basin with sweet water from the river with the waterfall. He entered the house and then he dropped the basin - he saw her trying to stand herself. Cloud immediately ran near her with big shining smile. When Tifa was about to fall down he managed to hold her and make her sit.
 
“Tifa are you feeling better now?”
 
“I-I…I I feel very tired. My..mmm M m my head h-hh.hhurt so badd—dd-dddly….”
 
“Don't worry Tifa, lay down for some hours. Don't push yourself. You will be better after more hours sleeping.”
 
“All-l-lll-l-lright” she said and with Cloud's help she lay down again.
 
Cloud was so happy that she will be ok soon, that he ran as fast as eagle can fly to the coco-nuts trees and took some more fruits. The milk could clean better her blood from the remaining paralyzing poison. She was almost all right. Only some more hours and she could speak with him again and he would not lorry so much about her. But one thing was certainly - that they will be together everywhere and that he loved her most of everything in the world.
 
End chapter
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
How was it? Do you like it? It will be more fun now, when Tifa is all right. So please review and wait to see the next chapter. Sayonara minna! ^_^