Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Moment's in life ❯ Part one:Chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part one:

Chapter 3

Cosmo Canyon


After several hours the sun started to set and cloud and Tifa headed back home. Cloud

went back to his house and Tifa to hers. When Tifa entered her family had already finished dinner. Her mother put her plate on the table and continued doing dishes.


"So what did you do today?" her mother asked from the kitchen.


"Well I…babysat the griever boys." Tifa lied. She didn't want her mother getting any ideas.


"Uh…huh" her mother answered putting away the dried plates.


"So how is cloud then?" her mother said sorting the silverware.


"I wasn't with cloud." Tifa answered.


"We saw you follow him." Her mother said


"Ok cloud's fine"


"Damn straight he is." Her mother said smiling


"MOTHER!" Tifa said surprised


"What?" her mother shrugged. Tifa sighed and finished her dinner and went to pack.

&^%&&*^^%*^%^%&%*^%$$##^^&***(#$%#%$#$$$ ^^%&^**((*^^%$$^^&&

"So cloud how was your day off?" cloud mother asked


"It was alright" he answered play with his food. He already knew what was coming.


"So what did you do?" his mother asked making him use his `I told ya so' face.


"Went for a hike" he said


"Are you going to your place tonight?"


"Not tonight I went there already." Clouds answered making his mother make a face.


"You never go there during the day." She asked worriedly


"Tifa followed me up to the hills" cloud answered laying on his bed.


"Oh I see…I packed your bag for your trip." His mother said hiding a grin.


"Thank you" cloud said tiredly soon after he fell asleep. The next morning cloud woke up took a shower and grabbed his bag. He met Tifa and her father outside their house loading things in the truck. Cloud threw his bag on and hoped in the back of the truck since the front had tons of tools there. Tifa hoped in too. Mr. Lockhart said goodbye to his wife and hugged her.


"We should be at Cosmo Canyon before nightfall, so sit tight you two." He said to them.

$%%$#^%*&*((&^*(&%$^#$@!#$@!##%$^^**&)*%^%$% #@%$%&&(**(&(*&(&

Tifa sat quietly for about 20 minutes watching the town grow smaller.


"you know I've never been to Cosmo Canyon before." Cloud said suddenly.


"it great there it very nice at sunset." Tifa said smiling at him.


"if I didn't know better you were trying to start a conversation. Though your not very good at it." Tifa said expectantly.


"Well I'm trying and that's all that counts." Cloud smirked


"Yeah, I guess" Tifa laughed.


"You know what I think I want to join SOLDIER" cloud said


"Then join. I think you're strong enough" Tifa said shrugging her shoulders


"Yeah maybe I will" cloud said staring off into the distance "I'm going to be as strong as Sephiroth someday you know." Cloud said confidently.


"Oh confident are we?" Tifa said a bit sarcastically.


"Hey I will you just watch." Cloud said. Cloud and Tifa remained quiet for awhile until the grass started to turn into dust.


"We're close" Tifa said as she watched the sun disappear behind the cliffs of Cosmo Canyon. About an hour later the truck stopped at the base of the canyon. Cloud who was stretched out in the truck and starting to doze off was shaken awake.


"Well we're here. So come on young apprentices let's go find some metal." Mr. Lockhart said as he grabbed his bag from the front seat. The two tired teens got out of the truck and followed him up the stairs. Inside they saw native people walking around and some were following a floating old man who was chasing what looked like a very large cat with a magenta mane.


"Nanaki get back here what did I tell you about playing with my machine." The old man yelled after him.


"OI BURGENHAGEN, come here" Mr. Lockhart yelled at the old man. The old man abandoned his chase, but the other men didn't.


"Ah Andrew it's good to see you again. I suppose you didn't come to visit did you." Bergenhagen said


"Oh I always come to visit, but while I'm here my apprentices and I need some titanium." Mr. Lockhart said happily.


"Ahh man that stuff is in demand lately. Let me guess shinra. Leave it to shinra to want the rarest metals. Any ways talk to Ziggurat (myan pyramid, or xenosaga character) I think he'll give you what you need." Burgenhagen said pointing to a strong looking man who was dressed like an Ainu (Japanese do research or read/watch shaman king (horohoro rules!).


"Say now would your apprentices like to help us catch my grandson?" burgenhagen said to cloud and Tifa as Mr. Lockhart went to talk to Ziggurat.


"You mean the cat thing?" cloud said. Burgenhagen nodded his head. Cloud walked over to some barrels and reached in when he pulled his hand out he had nanaki by the mane.


"Ho ho hoo very good. Little devil has been playing with stuff all day." Burgenhagen said happily. Mr. Lockhart beckoned them over and shoved several heavy silver bars in their hands. They walked back to the truck and threw them in.


"Damn that's a lot like work." Mr. Lockhart said throwing the last of his bars down.


"Let's go get a hotel room." He said as he walked up the stairs. Inside the hotel they got one room.


"You kids go do what you want I'm going to bed." Mr. Lockhart said as he got under the covers. Cloud stood there for a moment before being dragged out of the room.


"Now it's my turn to show you something." Tifa smirked. They walked past the crowded Cosmo candle and up the stair past the shops. Soon Tifa led him to a ladder leading up. To the very top plaque in Cosmo Canyon is where it took them. Tifa led him to a ledge facing the sunset. The sun was merely a slit in the sky and the stars were starting to come out.


"My spots better" cloud joked


"Yeah it probably is, but mine would be better if this tower wasn't here." Tifa said smartly.


"What is that tower for anyway?" cloud asked


"Hmm let's find out." She said running over to it.


"Hey wait I don't think that's a…good idea." Cloud said as he chased her into the tower. Inside was just a kitchen a door and a ladder. By the couch was little Nanaki chained to the table.


"Hey will you let go?" the large cat asked.


"You talked?" Tifa said


"Duh I'm Burgenhagen's grandson" he retorted. Tifa continued to look around when she opened the observatory.


"Say what's this Nanaki?" Tifa asked looking around.


"Ho ho hoo young apprentices, admiring my work?" Burgenhagen asked as he walked in.


"I would if I knew what it was." Tifa said as she looked through some telescopes.


"Oh well then come in and I'll show you my latest invention." Burgenhagen said pulling cloud in and closing the door. The old man pulled some levers and cloud and Tifa were lifted up.


"It's a rough sketch of the universe." Burgenhagen said proudly.


"This is cool" cloud and Tifa both said


"Now it's very rough I'm still missing some things, but it's still pretty cool. Nanaki was fiddling with it this morning and he lost some info." Burgenhagen sighed. The machine started to shut down.


"Well it needs time to recharge. Maybe the next time you come it will be better. You should go there's a nice party around the Cosmo candle…. that is unless you want to be alone." Burgenhagen said slyly


"No. No were going" cloud said pulling Tifa out of the room.


"Man that was cool" Tifa said once they got outside.


"Sure was…" cloud said looking at the sky.


"I'll give you this your spot it pretty nice." Cloud added.


"Thank you…" Tifa said bowing.

a/n: and you thought I wasn't going to do an author's note. Ahahaha. We'll if you can't already tell I take names from games I play manga I read or people I know. Tyler=friend, Andrew= very cute friend (but shhhh! It's secret), monica= well I think she's still my friend I don't bloody know. Next chapter I'm gonna have so very bloody gorey fun with killing tifa's mother since I don't remember how she died. I love bloody stuff.