Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Moment's in life ❯ Part one:Chapter two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: no song in this chapter I promise. Is it weird that I'm starting to dream FF7 I did the same thing with 10 also. I'm messed up, but there very fun dreams, though I always die. But last night I got kissed by zak then my sister woke me up and I kicked her. WAAHHH!! I wanna have that dream again it was so good.

Part one:

Chapter two

Questions are annoying

Tifa sat rolling her fingers on her knees and leaning back in a dining room chair. She had been doing that same thing for an hour while listening to her father's rhythmic pounding.


"So when is he supposed to be here?" Tifa asked impatiently.


"God you must be bored! I thought you didn't want me to get an apprentice." He father said wiping the sweat from his forehead as he peeked into the dining area.


"I never said that." Tifa said blandly


"You didn't?" her father said confusedly Tifa just shook her head no.


"Oh well anyway he should be here pretty soon. So are you going to help me train him?" her father asked sitting down and leaning back in a chair also.


"Tch. If all you do is tell stories like usual I'll end up training him myself." Tifa said smirking at him.


"Uhh hello?" cloud said poking his head through the door.


"Come on in…Cloud!" Mr. Lockhart said taking a moment to remember his name.


"Well then let's get to work shall we?" Mr. Lockhart said as he headed into the kitchen.


"In the event that he goes off into the story I'll be your teacher." She whispered to him. Cloud just smiled and followed Tifa and her father into the kitchen.


"Well mainly we get work from people that come into town and need their weapons fixed. Though on occasion the people at the ShinRa Mansion will order some swords to be made or some gun barrels. Come on I'll show you around." Mr. Lockhart said as he showed Cloud all the equipment. Tifa pulled up and chair and watched for hours as her father showed cloud the correct way to pound steel and iron, how to heat it, how to sharpen it, how to repair blades…ect. Eventually Tifa's mother came in a watched a little bit whilst she prepared dinner.


"Alright let's take a break. Make yourself at home while I go some of my old tools." Mr. Lockhart said as he trudged up the stairs. Cloud sat in a chair by the smith and crossed his arms. Tifa dragged her chair over next to him.


"I'm so proud of him." She said crossing her arms too.


"Hmm?" he answered looking at her with a bemused look.


"My father… not once did he go off into a story." She smiled receiving a quiet `yeah' from cloud.


"Anyway I heard your song today." Tifa said causing cloud to freeze.


"You did?" he said obviously embarrassed.


"Yeah it was good. Where did you learn to play like that?" she asked curiously


"My father taught me a little before he died and I taught myself the rest." Cloud answered loosening up a little.


"I've never heard you play in town before?" she asked propping her elbow on her knee and her head in her hand.


"I usually go outside town. I didn't really want people to here me sing." Cloud said leaning his head back.


"Ahh didn't want to ruin your rep. Huh? Wait I heard you went out to kill monsters?" Tifa asked again.


"When people come looking for me I do." Cloud said with his eyes still shut. Tifa stared at him for a while. Then her father came back downstairs.


"Ok I'll find them tonight. Work's over today." Mr. Lockhart announced.


"Cloud would you like to stay for dinner?" Mrs. Lockhart asked while washing some dishes.


"No my mother is expecting me, but thank you." Cloud said standing up giving her a little bow.


"Hey be back here at the same time tomorrow." Mr. Lockhart yelled after him. A couple of minutes later Mrs. Lockhart announced that dinner was ready.


"That kid should do pretty good. Nice smooth hand. He's also built up some good sturdy calluses already too." Mr. Lockhart said through a mouthful of food. Tifa's mother smacked the back of his head and yelled for him to swallow first.


"I'm sure he'll do fine" Tifa said quietly.


"Yeah you were sure asking him a lot of questions when your father left." Mrs. Lockhart said smirking.


"What! He doesn't talk about himself that much I was seizing the opportunity." Tifa said defending herself.


"Yeah. Yeah ok." Her mother said. After dinner was done Tifa went up to her room and played her piano. The sun had already set when she stopped. Her fingers were numbs so she went over to her window again. She secretly hoped she might hear cloud again, but no go. It was a beautiful night outside the bright starry sky caressed by the Nibel Mountains. The sky reminded her of cloud's music. She understood why he used to go outside of town to practice. If Tyler and the other guys were still around they would have made fun of that song for years. It really was a good song, but Mr. Beat-the-crap-out-of-anyone-who-messes-with-me singing a song about `peace and love' was a little weird. Maybe cloud isn't the person she thought he was.


"Urg why am I thinking about this?" Tifa said as she irritably got up and went to bed. Tifa was woke up by the bright sun the next day. She pulled the covers over her head to block out the light, but decided to get out of bed anyway. She showered and headed downstairs. Tifa rubbed the towel over the top of her head as she headed downstairs and continued to dry the rest of it as she sat on the base of the stairs no bothering to look at her family.


"Ahem… Tifa you know cloud came over for breakfast this morning." Her father said clearing his throat.


"Huh?" Tifa said raising her wet head. Seeing cloud sitting at the breakfast table.


"Oh hello cloud" she said cheerfully going back to drying her hair. Then she remembered she was only in her robe.


"Ahh right I'll just be…yeah going up stairs now." She said blushing as she inched her way up stairs. A few minutes later she came down fully clothed in a pair of baggy jeans and a black t-shirt. Everyone at there breakfast talking of the activities that they were going to do today.


"Ok I found those tools and today you'll be making a sword blade out of this." Mr. Lockhart said handing cloud a 14" steel bar. Cloud nodded his head.


"Tifa, you supervise him I have to be a the shinra mansion they requested I be there to pick up the order."


"Ok sure I'll make sure he does it right." Tifa said grabbing a chair and taking it over to the smith area. Cloud stuck the bar into the fire and put on his leather glove. He leaned against the wall waiting for the steel to heat up.


"So now that all your punching bags are gone what do you do for fun?" Tifa asked watching him.


"Your going to ask me questions all the time now aren't you?" he asked glancing at the fire.


"Yep! If you talked about yourself more I wouldn't have to." Tifa said slouching down in her chair.


"Well I guess I go up to mount. Nibel and slice some monsters." Cloud said sighing.


"Really are really that violent of a person?" Tifa asked cloud shook his head.


"No I do it because I want to be stronger."


"Why" cloud didn't answer.


"Okay don't answer that. Um let see why did you want to apprentice my father?"


"It's good to experience many things." He said simply as he took the bar out of the fire and began to pound. This went on for the rest of the day. Tifa would ask a question cloud would answer and occasionally as her one. The day ended and another one came. Cloud and her father worked on jobs as she asked Cloud more questions. Days became weeks and cloud started to loosen up. One morning before work started Mr. Lockhart made an announcement.


"Cloud…and Tifa you guys have the day off, but I suggest you pack some clothes tonight. Because tomorrow you're both going with me to Cosmo Canyon to get some special metals." Mr. Lockhart said putting out the fire in the smith.


"Special metal?" cloud asked


"Yeah shinra soldiers want titanium and the only place around her that we can get it is in Cosmo Canyon." Mr. Lockhart said as he packed his tools up. Cloud walked out the door and grabbed his sword from his front porch. Tifa slipped out the door while her parents were talking. She followed cloud up to mount Nibel as silently as she could. When he got to the base of the mountain he turned around.


"Tifa you really should stop following me." Cloud said as Tifa sighed and came out from the bush.


"Hi" was all she could say.


"Why are you following me anyway?" cloud said as she walked up to him.


"I got bored."


"Oh…. your not going to ask me more questions are you?" he asked as he continued his hike up the mountain.


"No I think I know about everything there is to know about you." Tifa said following him.


"If I told you to leave, would you?" cloud asked stepping up a rocky path.


"Nope…is that what your telling me to do?" she asked still following him.


"No…I was just asking" cloud said as he continued to walk.


"So where we going?" Tifa asked running up next to him. Cloud looked at her from a bit with his eyebrows raised.


"opps…that was a question. I'm sorry." Tifa smiled innocently


"I was going to kill something's, but I think I changed my mind." Cloud pointing to a small vine covered cave. Tifa gave him a doubtful look.


"Isn't that the road to the cemetery?" Tifa said raising one eyebrow.


"There's a spot past the cemetery that's really nice." Cloud said slicing the vines on the cave entrance with his thin sword. The cave was very dark and damp during funerals people lit torches to make it brighter. Tifa grabbed the back of cloud's shirt to make sure she didn't lose him.


"Scared?" he said kindly


"A little, I've never been here except for funerals." She said squeezing the cloth of his shirt as the ground dipped a little.


"It's okay were almost…. AHHHH!" cloud screamed


"AHHHHHHH! WHAT?" Tifa screamed back. Cloud started to laugh a little so Tifa hit him.


"That's not funny." She said sternly


"Maybe not to you." She said with the humor still in his voice as he chopped the vines covering the exit. They entered the grassy field that was on the plaque. The grass was long and dotted with tombstones. The plaque overlooked a small lake that turned into a stream that Tifa often swam in. cloud gave her wrist a tug and walked toward a small path imbedded in the long grass. Cloud stopped at a small bridge that dangled above the stream and put his hand out to stop Tifa.


"What?" she asked when he stopped her. Cloud used his feet to stomp on the bridge. He shrugged and said.


"It's always best to do that. This bridge breaks a lot." He nodded and walked on. Tifa hesitantly followed.


"I think it would've been better if you hadn't told me that." She said as she walked across the bridge. After several more minutes of walking they came to another small cave.


"Don't worry this ones really short." Cloud said as he stepped into it. Tifa still reached out and latched onto his shirt. A couple seconds later he led her out of the cave. When she stepped out onto the small cliff that overlooked some plains and wetlands. In the far distance was the small village of rocket town (pre rocket disaster).


"This is…so beautiful." Tifa said looking to one side of cliff to the other.


"So are you…" cloud said quietly.


"What?" Tifa said as she stopped looking over the scenery.


"Oh I said that it's much better at night." Cloud said realizing what he had just said.


"So this is were you go to play guitar isn't it?" Tifa said sitting on the ground. Cloud nodded his head.