Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Moment's in life ❯ Part two:Chapter sixteen ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: word of the wise to all those you whom have contacts or use eye drops, read the bottle first. Make sure you don' mistake eye drops for eardrops because they burn really, really badly. Yeah so now my left eyes burns like fuck. That stuff like dilatalted my eye so now I'm wearing a nice homemade eye patch. ERGH! If I be blind by tomorrow so be it. I'm not going to the doctor.

Part two

Chapter sixteen

I'm gonna get you!

Cloud was awoken by the alarm clock in his room. He was the only one that was still not awake. Cloud got dressed and sprinted out side to find Giles, Zak, Sephiroth and TIFA!


"Oh god what is she doing here?" cloud asked himself silently.


"Oh hello…storm I believe you've met our guide, Tifa." Sephiroth said hesitantly. Tifa waved happily to him, but he just stood there.


"Shall we go them?" Sephiroth said ushering them out of town. It took about an hour to reach mt. Nibel. Tifa stopped at the bridge and tapped her foot on it cloud smiled inside his facemask. Tifa led them up the bridge, but was passed by Sephiroth. The bridge started to shake and fall. Cloud and Giles were on the second half and Sephiroth, Tifa and Zak were on the other. Giles fell off almost immediately then Tifa started to slip. Cloud was ready to lunge for her but luckily Zak caught her. Cloud started to slip and so did everyone else. Cloud only remembered seeing the sky getting farther and something hitting his back. Then it was just blackness.


"HEY!" someone said cloud felt himself being shaken.


"Cloud get up!" cloud wearily opened his eyes to she Sephiroth staring down at him as stoic as ever.


"Get up we must go." Sephiroth said getting up and heading down the path. Cloud looked around to see only the cold rock of Mt. Nibel.


"Are we the only ones here?" cloud asked as he caught up to him.


"We won't know if we stay here." Sephiroth said coldly. As they rounded the corner they found Tifa and Zak looking around in a confused manner.


"Let's go." Sephiroth said sharply.


"Um weren't there more of you?" Tifa asked as she looked around for the missing shinra soldier.


"This is going to sound cold, but we must press on." Sephiroth said impatiently.


"Well those caves are intertwine we should get to the reactor from there." Tifa said leading them through dark Mako caves that were dripping green liquid. Soon they were led out of the caves and into the area of the Mako fountain. Cloud remembered this place well. He was very relieved to find that the stench had disappeared. Though the memory still remained in his nose and mind.


"A Mako fountain. It's a miracle of nature." Sephiroth said as everyone walked up to it.

"It's so beautiful... If the Mako Reactor continues to suck up the energy, this fountain will dry up too..." Tifa said sadly.

"Materia. When you condense Mako energy, materia is produced. It's very rare to be able to see materia in its natural state." Sephiroth said not even listening to Tifa.

"By the way... Why is it that when you use materia you can also use magic too?" Zak asked.

"You were in SOLDIER and didn't even know that? ...the knowledge and wisdom of the Ancients is held in the materia. Anyone with this knowledge can freely use the powers of the Land and the Planet. That knowledge interacts between ourselves and the planet calling up magic...... or so they say." Sephiroth said sighing at his density (cloud and zak do have something in common.)

"Magic...... a mysterious power..." cloud said quietly. Sephiroth started to laugh.

"Did I say something funny?" cloud asked curiously.

" A man once told me never to use an unscientific term such as mysterious power! It shouldn't even be called 'magic'! I still remember how angry he was." Sephiroth said laughing a little bit harder.

"Your goings to die laughing someday, aren't you?" Tifa asked him.

"who was that?" cloud asked curiously.

"Hojo of Shinra, Inc. ... An inexperienced man assigned to take over the work of a great scientist. He was a walking mass of complexes." Sephiroth said still chuckling slightly.

"A Mako fountain... So this is where the knowledge of the Ancients is." Tifa said to herself. They all moved on to the reactor.


"Finally we made it." Tifa sighed in relief as she reached the reactor. Tifa started to walk in after Zak and Sephiroth.


"You stay out here." Sephiroth said to her.


"I want to see!" she said excitedly.


"Storm will take care of you." Zak said as he followed Sephiroth inside.


"You better take good care of me then." She said sitting on the stairs pouting.


"Stop pouting it's not dignified" cloud said leaning on the wall of the reactor.


"Nether is killing." Tifa said sternly. Cloud shrugged and continued to lean there.


"Say you know something about cloud and I want you to tell me." She said approaching him.


"I-I don't K-know anything I'm just a shinra soldier." Cloud stuttered backing away from her advances.


"You do too! You were talking to his mother. Now tell me." Tifa said raising her fists.


"I um well meet him before we left and he told me to tell his mother that he was ok." He said nervously.


"Keep it coming." She said brandishing her fist.


"Well I have heard that he talks about you a lot." Cloud said quickly.


"Really! I mean is that so?" Tifa said excitedly inching over by him.


"Let me see what you face looks like." She demanded making a grab for his mask.


"No, no, no, no, NO!" he exclaimed scooting away. Tifa made another grab witch he avoided.


"Why not?" she asked angrily.


"Just because." He said running away from her. She jumped up and tackled him but just as she was about to remove the mask a perturbed Sephiroth and a rather afraid Zak came out of the reactor.


"So did you find the source?" cloud asked taking the moment to push Tifa off of him. Neither of them answered they just silently made their way back to town.