Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Moment's in life ❯ Part two:Chapter twenty ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: this what chapter twenty. Oh cool I've never had a story with twenty chapter's before. The review flow has kinda slowed but that's alright I guess. My sisters taken up the habit of playing my game. Eventhough she makes me do the hard things Like that damn deep jungle level that pissed me off in so man ways.

Part two

Chapter twenty

Oh the sweet glorious pain!

Tifa sat at the scrubbed wooden table. It was about twelve thirty at night and almost everyone had gone to sleep downstairs. It felt weird being in a different place. She went outside once and she noticed that no stars were visible in the slums. This place was a lot different from her hometown.


"Hey, Tifa what are you doing up?" Barret said standing on the elevator to the next level with a small baby in his arm. Tifa didn't say anything.


"Oh what am I a little scary" he said laughing.


"Oh yeah I'm so scared of a man with a small child in his arms" Tifa said sarcastically. Barret just laughed.


"Ahh Marlene this is Tifa, Tifa this is Marlene." Barret said taking a seat in a chair.


"Hello Marlene…" Tifa said sweetly.


"Hey I'm glad you're still awake I've been meaning to ask you something." Barret said rubbing the back of his neck.


"Shoot…" she said calmly.


"Yeah well after what dem shinra did to your town. Well ya see I'm the leader of AVALANCHE and we're kinda fightin' against shinra to save the planet." Barret explained.


"And…?" Tifa said slightly confused.


"You wanna join AVALANCHE…ya know get your revenge while saving the planet." Barret asked.


"Sure…" she said blandly.


"Great now I'm gonna go to bed." Barret said taking the elevator down. Tifa set her head on the table. The word shinra brought up another familiar term in her head `cloud'. She felt that this was really important and that she needed to remember it.

In a basement, in a tank, in Nibelhiem, two years later


"So what is today's phase hojo?" asked tseng leaning against the wall.


"Today we are going to inject the JENOVA cells. Them being in mako for two years should make them strong enough to handle the injection." Hojo said filling several needle with a thick gooey pink substance.


"After two years why did you call me here?" tseng said leaning against the walls.


"Because I want this to burn someone's conscience as Sephiroth did mine." Hojo said seriously.


"…"


"Oh I was just kidding. You need to lift them out of the tank and onto those tables. Be sure to strap them down." Hojo said draining the mako from the tanks. Tseng disgustedly sighed as he lifted the mako-drenched men onto a table and strapped them down. Zak's eyes started to flicker open. The taste of mako was embedded in his mouth.


"Hey one of them is awake." Tseng said calmly to Hojo.


"Good we should wait until the other one wakes too." Hojo said playing with some needles.


"It looks like the mako healed his burns…" tseng said examining him.


"That was the point." Hojo said shaking his head.


"Uhh where am I?" Zak asked the blurry figure in front of him.


"Tseng wake the other. I want to get started." Hojo said ignoring Zak's question. Tseng started to shake cloud awake until he opened his eyes.


"His eyes glow with mako now…" tseng said as he glared at him. Cloud groaned and looked around. He couldn't move his body at all.


"Tseng you do him. I want to get this done at the same time." Hojo said handing him a large needle.


"Hey I don't really like needles…" Zak said weakly trying to squirm away. Both Hojo and tseng sunk their needles into the two men's arms. Cloud was instantly snapped awake. It hurt so much it was like pure pain was being injected into him. His veins started to burn and itch inside his body. Both him and Zak thrashed around uncontrollable.


"Put them back in the tanks." Hojo demanded as they stopped thrashing.


"They won't like attack me will they?" he asked.


"From my research I don't think they can move." Hojo said smirking as he scribbled furiously in a book. Tseng unhooked Zak and locked him in the tank. He did the same with cloud. In the tank cloud collapsed he could no longer stand. He tried to think of anything else but the unbearable pain. The first thought that came to mind was tifa. How long had it been since that incident? Was she still alive? And where was she? He wanted answers to those questions so badly. He had to escape and find out. The tank started to fill with mako again. Cloud's body felt stronger, more hyped up. He would survive this and find out even if it was that last thing he did.


In Midgar (during JENOVA injection)


Tifa found herself riding in a truck. Tifa looked around and saw another man staring up at something. She could only hear herself talking to him.


"Cool isn't he I think he's that last of his kind now." The blonde haired boy said. She heard herself say.


"You've seen one before?" her younger self asked.


"Yeah…he was just a puppy then…I saw him running across the plains from my spot. That was a couple days after my father died, I think." The boy said quietly with a small smile on his face.


"I'm sorry…cloud." She said.


"Cloud? So this is cloud…I knew him then?" Tifa said to herself. The scene went black.


"Come this spring…I'm going off to join SOLDIER…" cloud said while he sat on the well.


"He's a SOLDIER then.." said somewhat bitterly.


"Tifa… Tifa… TIFA! Wake up dammit!" Barret screamed.


"Yeah yeah I am up." Tifa said scrambling to her knees and heading upstairs. AVALANCHE had decided that it was best not to do anything illegal to make money. So Tifa suggested a bar. And so it was born 7th heaven. After the bar closed that day Tifa went to ask Barret something.


"Hey Barret can I talk to you for a second." She asked calling him over to the counter.


"Yeah tiff?" he said taking a seat at a barstool.


"Since we're fighting shinra…do you think we'll fight against anyone in SOLDIER?" she asked curiously.


"Uhh maybe…why?" he asked suspiciously.


"An old friend is in SOLDIER and I would really like to see him again and tell him what really happened to Nibelhiem. I think if he heard that he might join us…" Tifa asked while she wiped down the counters.


"Oh well when we start blowin' up them there reactors shinra will probably call in SOLDIER's so there's a good chance you'll see him again, I guess." Barret said as he went outside.