Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Moment's in life ❯ Part two:Chapter twenty-two ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: does anyone that reads this story know how to draw. I kinda need some help I have no clue how to shade anything or how to color with color pencils. If you have any tips they would be welcome. I want to be a character designer for video games some day. I think that would be an awesome job because you sit around while people tell you what the character is like and then you get to draw it. And when you play the game you can say hey I drew that guy.

Part two

Chapter twenty-two

Five years

Zak carried himself and cloud out of the mansion and breathed in the fresh evening air.


"Oh how I missed you clean crisp air." He sighed contently as he walked out of town.


"I wonder why they rebuilt this town?" he asked himself looking at the brand new buildings that were still in the same place as their older versions. Zak walked all night going the sun had started to rise just as they entered the Cosmo Canyon area. A large truck started to approach them and Zak stuck his thumb out instinctively.


"Where ya'll headed." Said a young man with a hat pulled down low casting a shadow over his face.


"How far will you take us?" Zak asked trying to get a good look at his face. He had a five o clock shadow and really sad looking eyes.


"Well I guess if you want to cross the ocean I can get you to Costa De La Sol." He said still staring out in front of them.


"Alright." Zak said finding something odd about the man.


"The back is full you can toss your friend in the bed back there (truckers sometimes have bed in the cab of their trucks.)." he said pointing to a small bed in the back of the cab. Zak hoped in and laid cloud down in the back.


"What happened to him." The trucker said as he drove down the red dirt road of Cosmo Canyon.


"Mako poisoning I think. But he'll be fine." Zak said reassuring the truckers. There was a long silence between them.


"My names Zak and his is cloud." Zak said breaking the awkward silence. The trucker stared at him and then glanced back at cloud.


"Name's Tyler (same guy)." He said taking off his hat revealing his black hat hair.


"Thanks for the ride." Zak said smiling.


"What brings you out here hitch hiking anyways." Tyler said in a rather depressed voice.


"Shinra did something to us. So I guess we're both looking for a new life. What about you? You don't look like you have much direction." Zak feeling slightly depressed at the mood in the car.


"Uhh I don't have a job anymore either. My wife she well she just died. So I'm looking around the country." Tyler said putting on his hat again. They didn't say anything to each other for a couple of hours. They were already several miles past Gogonga before he actually said anything.


"You know I used to know cloud…" he said sighing.


"Really? You were from Nibelhiem too?" Zak asked almost excited to hear about cloud's past.


"Yeah… me and him used to fight all the time. It has to have been at least been five years since my wife and I left… back then he would never admit this but he always had an obsession with this lady named Tifa. He loved her but he would never admit that." Tyler said laughing a little.


"Obsession, huh? That's kinda funny. Just a few months ago we met Tifa." Zak said laughing. Tyler looked at him oddly.


"You got it wrong I just saw Tifa's a couple of weeks ago and she wasn't in Nibelhiem. She's been in Midgar for years…" Tyler said worriedly.


"YEARS!" Zak said he was shocked he was in that mako for years! That couldn't have been healthy.


"You okay?" Tyler asked.


"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." Zak said rubbing the back of his head. They didn't talk until they reached Costa De La Sol.


"See you." Tyler said as he drove off. Zak walked through town to the harbor. He figured the only way to cross the ocean was on a cargo ship. The problem was that those ships were always manned by shinra troops.


"Well we are in SOLDIER's cloths I mind as well give it a try…" Zak said strolling up to the troops that were guarding the ship. The two troops saluted him as he walked aboard. That was the great thing about being a SOLDIER first class the only people that are higher than you are generals. Zak let out a relived sigh as he plopped cloud behind some crates and sat down next to him. He almost immediately fell asleep. He awoke to cloud staring at him.


"What?" Zak asked as he continued to look at him. Cloud just shrugged.


"I suppose your feeling worse now that we're on a ship." Zak said laughing as cloud nodded sadly.


"I should tell you something but I think I'd better wait until we get off the ship." Zak said causing Cloud to continue his staring.


"This would be where you reprimand me for staring and tell me that it's nothing bad." Cloud said smirking a little.


"Err…" Zak said rubbing that back of his head stupidly. This worried cloud significantly Zak never had been one to hesitate. Said something but the blowing of the docking horn drowned his voice out.


"You're going to tell me or I'm going to make you." Cloud said following him off the large cargo ship into the cold dirty streets of Junon.


"You're gonna make me…" Zak said laughing as he glanced back at him.


"Yeah I'd give it a try." Cloud said confidently.


"Confident today aren't we. I'll wait until we're outside town." Zak said taking the shinra elevator down to the slum and walking towards the exit. Cloud got even more worried. What could be that important that he couldn't say around people? They walked for a good hour before cloud finally stopped him.


"Ok we're a good distance away from town. Now tell me." Cloud demanded grabbing his shoulder.


"Well Cloud we were in those tanks for a long time. A long, long time." Zak started slowly.


"Uhh how long…?" cloud asked fearfully.


"Five years give or take." Zak said calmly.


"FIVE YEARS!!" cloud yelled


"That's why I didn't want to tell you in town." Zak said turning his back to him.


"Five years of my life, gone. Damn them!" cloud said walking around in a circle. Zak listened to him rant for a while until he heard a loud thump on the ground. Cloud had gone unconscious again.


"Oh man I never should have brought this up." Zak sighed as he heaved cloud's body over his shoulder.