Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Moment's in life ❯ Part three: Chapter thirty-four ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: Dammit Tyler I want my ff8 back! Sigh… I know I'm not gonna get it back but just watching the cutscenes on tv makes me almost cry cuz I miss it so much. Sooo what story is this story going to be for….let's just go with moment's in life.

"Sizzle, Sizzle, Boom, Boom! Today is the semi finals of the tournament of hero's! Today's finalists if you don't know them are:


Match one: RedXIII V. Cid


Match two: Tifa V. Vincent


The host dio has also requested that we also host the final match later tonight." The announcer said with renewed excitement. He continued on with the day's announcements as the crowd piled into the bleachers. The morning was still early unlike yesterday's bright sunny morning. This morning was gray and cloudy it reminded everyone of funeral weather. Some took that as an ominous signs while others worried about getting rained. Today all the competing contestants were required to stay ringside until their match was over. Cloud, though not required to be out there, was forced to by Tifa. Yuffie had come out to see Vincent who was quite soundly ignoring her. Reeve had just came out because he didn't really want to be in the tent alone and Barret was sleeping in the tent.. Occasionally the crowd would cheer and wave at them. Much to their relief the first match started soon enough. Red verses cid, after the announcer was finished the bell sounded. Neither looked as though they were taking the match very seriously. cid no longer swung his spear with hardened muscles but instead waved it around with fluid movements. There wasn't much change in nanaki's fighting since he had never really showed an ability to goof off. Nanaki jumped high into eh air attempting to get a head shot and end the fight, but cid twirled his spear high above his head so that it his legs knocking him off balance. Nanaki scampered to his feet hurriedly. He ran away just in time so that Cid's spear only hit his tail. Much to both opponents' surprise Cid's spear slipped from his hands and toppled outside of the ring with a light squish. Nanaki glanced at cid; cid glanced back and hopped out of the ring. The bell sounded and the announcer started his speech. Cid shrugged and invited reeve for a game of cards by waving a fat bag of gil in his face. Red just lay on the ground and stretched out on the ground. Vincent and Tifa stepped into the ring for their match. Vincent beckoned her towards the center for a chat.


"Take a dive…" Vincent said quietly.


"Why?" Tifa asked slightly shocked.


"Cloud did it. Please take a dive for me." Vincent asked almost begging.


"For yuffie?" Tifa asked curiously ask she raised an eyebrow.


"Things will never be the same between us. It is not for her. I just need to prove something to myself." Vincent said solemnly as he bowed his head as if he was in shame.


"Fine, but let me ring out. I don't want to have the risk of being shot in the boob, ok." Tifa said trying to lighten the mood slightly. For the second time today the same bell rang out. Vincent drew his gun and Tifa ran. He blindly fired several shots at her so he could make it convincing. Tifa landed several weak, half-hearted hits on him. Vincent finally shot two well-aimed shots at her feet when she was closed to the edge and she fell out and landed on her rear. With the match over Vincent patiently sat down in the middle for the ring and played with his collar as the mop man cleaned the ring. Tifa dusted herself off and sat next to cloud.


"So can we leave now this is boring?" cloud asked in a small pleading voice.


"No, not until the next match is over." Tifa said sternly crossing her arms. Cloud groaned but patiently sat back and waited. Nanaki came over and sat next to Vincent.


"I have no intention of winning. I know both cloud and Tifa fell at your request and I imagine you want me to as well. So fall I shall." Nanaki said intelligently. Vincent nodded his head.


"I'm curious to hear what you will pick. From the look you carry in your eyes you mean to kill." Red said smoothly. A young man in a suit told them to get up and be on opposite sides for the ring. Thus ending their conversation.


"Ok I know your all bored out of your mind, but here's the match you've been waiting for. The match that will decide the best of the best and I bet your thinking how these two are the best. Well they are so deal with it. Anyway time to do this. Today's last match of the day is Vincent the beast of the night verses Red XIII the beast of Cosmo canyon!" the announcer yelled as he jumped up on the table so that he could address the crowd. The announcer held up a little gong and hit it signaling them to start. Vincent could have easily ended the fight right there, but he decided against it. He purposely made his shot veer off course. Red took this as a signal to lunge at him. Vincent stuck his gun handle in his mouth and threw him into the ground. Red quickly retreated to the other side of the ring. Red groggily charged straight at Vincent. Vincent's target was presented to him when red furiously jumped at his head. Vincent held the barrel to red's furry chest and pulled the trigger several times.


"AND IT ENDS!!!!" the announcer yelled in the judges ear making him smack him with a clipboard. The announcer rubbed his head but ran into the ring. He lifted Vincent's arm and announced his victory causing the crowd to cheer.


"So Vincent what is the prize that you want?" the announcer asked prodding as he shoved the microphone in his face. Vincent nervously took it and stuttered into it.


"i..Uh…W-well" Vincent stuttered nervously. As he regained his composure he grabbed the microphone and spoke.


"I the only thing that I wish to have is a fight with Squall Lionhart!" Vincent said coldly. The crowd gasped, then cheered, then looked to squall that was sitting by the judges. Squall was far from famous but it shocked the crowd that Vincent wanted to fight him. Squall smirked and stood up. He unsheathed his mighty gunblade that was surrounded by a blue aura and held it in front of him.


"I accept your challenge!" he said cockily.

a/n: dun dun duh! Yeah the next chapter's gonna be my baby. Oh do I have some big plans for it. Expect it by tommarrow at the earlyiest. Saturaday at the latest.