Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Old thoughts new feelings ❯ unexpected..... ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 2

The next morning Sevvea explained to them that the nearest city, deiling city, was three hours away. She pointed in the direction then the group hurried out to the van.

Riona made a go for the front passengers seat because Squall was of course driving but Seifer was already climbing in.

"Seifer out!" Riona cried stamping her foot.

"I don't think so," Seifer said slamming the door.

Riona sighed but climbed in the middle seat beside Qusits who remained in her same place from yesterday beside Zell. Irvine and Selphie remained in the back.

Riona gave Seifer a dirty look.

"Squall desevers a break from you," Seifer said returning the look.

Everyone looked on in surprise.

"What?" Seifer asked not waiting for a responce he turned around in his seat.

"OK," Squall said holding up a hand, "No fighting today. Let's just get to Deiling and call cid and tell him what's happened."

No one said any thing for half a hour. The silence was broken by the queerest sound. The van began to do little stops before stopping totally.

"Shit!" Squall banged his fist on the dashboard.

"Woah, calm down Squall I'll get out and look at it," Seifer had already opened his door.

"You know cars?" Irvine asked a bit surprised.

"Yeah, my uncle runs a place in deiling. He taught me about all this stuff." Seifer shut the door and walked around to the hood.

Squall popped the hood and got out walking around to Seifer's side. Seifer didn't seem to notice as he opened the hood and looked around.

"What seems to be the problem?" Squall asked thinking Seifer knew he was there.

Seifer being surprised by this yanked his head up and hit it on the hood.

"You ok?" Squall asked leaning over to get a better view of him.

"Yeah," Seifer said turning back to the car.

"What does it look that?" Squall asked glancing at the car.

Seifer eyed a wire that had come loss. He shoved it back in and prushing his hands off.

"Done," Seifer said, "But I suggest you get that replaced."

"So you think you're Mr.Right why dont you drive," Squall suggested. "I'm sure we won't get lost then."

"I can't," Seifer explained looking down.

"Why not?" Squall asked.

"My lisence is suspened," Seifer said slamming the hood down.

"For what?" Squall said leaning against the car.

"Drinking and driving," Seifer said.

"You wanna drive anyway?" Squall asking.

"You'd let me?" Seifer asked. "This isn't a trick is it?"

"You can drive if you want to," Squall explained.

"Woah," Seifer said a bit surprised, "I'd love to."

Seifer walked around and got in the drivers seat. Squall sat down the in the front passengers sit.

"Woah, Woah, woah," Zell chanted at Seifer started up the van. "Your not going to let him drive are you Squall?"

"Yes," Squall explained, "he fixed the car so he drives."

Zell sighed. He wanted to stay more but he knew that arguing with Squall was like aruging with a brick wall.

Seifer slammed on the gas taking over down the road going around 89 miles an hour and quickly gaining speed.

Squall fell forward, having forgot to buckle his sit belt, catching himself with the dashboard. He quickly buckled himself up.

"Are you going fast enough up there buddy?" Zell yelled out as he was slammed against the window.

"Nope," Seifer explained as the car reached the speed of 97 miles a hour.

When they reached Deiling Zell jumped out of the car first and hugged the first person he saw.

"Thank Hyne I lived," Zell cried ignoreing the look the stranger gave him.

"I think you are over reacting," Selphie chipped in as she climbed out the car.

"Why do I bother with you people?" Zell asked himself leaning against the wall of a building.

"Ok," Squall said climbing in the drivers seat after Seifer was out, "you said your uncle had a place here right?"

"Oh yeah," Seifer said pointing to a building down the road. "Just tell him Seifer sent you. He'll fix you up good."

"Ok thanks Seif," Squall said then put on the gas and started off.

"So does anyone have any ideas of something to do?" Rion a asked walking in a small circle.

"Well," Irvine began, "I have a friend here I've been dying to vist." He glaced at Selphie. "You wanna come along?"

Selphie nodded and clapped her hands jumping up and down.

"See you later guys," Irvine explained before walking off with Selphie tagging along.

"Man, I'm hungary," Zell complained crossing his ankle.

"I gave Squall all our money," Riona explained getting a very cross look from Zell after words.

"I knew you where going to do that," Seifer explained, "So I barley gave you any of my money."

Seifer dug his hands in his trenchcoat pockets and pulled out two hand fulls of gil.

"Oh Seify will you buy us some food?" Riona asked with hopeful eyes.

"Of course," Seifer said putting the gil back in his pockets.

Together the group walked to a nice resturant and walked in. Seifer sited them near the back. A few mintues after they sat down the waitress came by and they ordered. After she left Riona spoke:

"If I didn't know any better," she said, "I would think you where trying to impress someone."

Zell gave Riona a funky look and scooted away from Seifer against the wall.

Riona and Quistis who where sitting on the other side of the table laughing.

"She didn't mean you Zell," Quistis said after she was done laughing.

"Oh," Zell said in an embarrest way.

"I don't lean that way Chickie," Seifer said in matter-of-fact way.

"That isn't what I got from last night," Zell said without meaning to.

When he relized what he had said he looked down at his hands.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Seifer asked eyeing Zell.

"Well I," Zell rubbed the back of his neck as he spoke. "It's just the fact that Squall was sitting on the bed with you last night and I thought maybe you two-"

Zell was cut off by Seifer's laugh.

"You think..that him," Seifer said through his laughter," And me...have a thing together?"

Zell's face went bright red. Seifer was still laughing when the waitress brought them their food. A this time Squall walked in and the waittress dropped their food off.

"Woah Squall back here," Zell said waving to him.

Squall walked to the back and nudged Seifer making him move over so he could sit down.

"So how did it go?" Quistis asked after Squall had sat down.

"Great," Squall said taking one of Seifer's hotdogs, "I told him Seifer was friend of mine and you said he would replace the wire for half price. He also through in a CD player for the van for free."

"See I told you he would give you a great deal," Seifer explaine and then looked down for the hotdog Squall had taken. "Hey!"

Seifer quickly looked at Zell who shock his head and pointed at Squall. Seifer turned and looked at Squall who was half way down with the hotdog.

"What?" Squall asked.

"Who do you think you are mister?" Seifer asked in a playful way. "Hotdognapper."

"How dare you acuse me of such a fiendish crime," Squall said setting the hotdog down on the table.

"But I caught you red handed," Seifer said nodding to the half done hotdog.

"But Sir," Squall said holding up his hands, "My hands are not red."

Quistis, Riona, and Zell all stared confussed. They had never seen Seifer and Squall play around like this.

"Are you calling me a liar?" Seifer asked a look of fake anger on his face.

"Your a prevaricator," Squall said sticking up his nose.

"Don't use fancy words with me," Seifer said pointing a finger at himself.

"And if I do," Squall said, "What are you going to do about it?"

Seifer grinded evily before he began to tickle Squall mercelessly. Squall's loud laughter caused many people to turn around and look at them. Zell, Riona, and Quisits watched amazed.

"Huh?" Seifer asked. "Whose the boss now huh?"

"ME!" Squall said as he trying push Seifer away as he lauged.

"I don't think I heard you right," Seifer said playufully. "What did the hotdognapper say?"

"YOUR THE BOSS,"Squall said in a sqealing like voice.

"See, now don't you feel so much better?" Seifer asked as he stopped his tickling.

"Whatever," Squall said prushing his hair out of his face.

He picked up the hotdog and handed it to Seifer.

"No," Seifer said giving him back the hotdog, "You eat the rest."

Squall egerally shoved the rest in his mouth while the girls and Zell looked on with confussed look.

"What?" Seifer asked noticing their looks.

"Where are Irvine and Selphie?" Squall asked before anyone could respond to Seifer's qestion.

"Irvine said something about visiting a friend," Riona said sounding a bit dazed, "And Selphie went with him."

Squall opened his mouth to speck but was cut off by the sound of beeping. Riona started to check her Cell Phone but stopped when she saw Seifer pull out a black cell-phone.

"Hello?" Seifer began. "Who?"

Seifer mouthed 'pen' to Quisits who quickly pulled the one she always kept behind her ear to him. Seifer grapped a nakin and began to write.

"Yes, Yes," Seifer repeated. "Yes I'm writing it all done Raijin. Uh huh," Seifer stopped writing abruntly the pen slippping from his fingers."What? You can't be serious? Is she hurt?"

Seifer glupped and his hands began to shake. Everyone looked on in confussion.

"In the hospital?" Seifer asked. "I see what do the doctors says."

Appearently the news was not good before Seifer's face fell and he gaped like someone had just slapped him in the face.

"I'm in deiling I don't know we I can get there," Seifer explained. "A train going out in a hour? Ok I think I can make that. Alright see you there."

Seifer hung up his phone and gave Squall a slight push. Squall moved out the way.

"What's wrong?" Squall asked as he stood up so Seifer could get out.

"Fujin was in an accident I've got to go to Balamb hospital," Seifer explained dropping a pile of gil on the table.