Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Reno's True Love ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Final Fantasy characters. They are the property of Square Soft and Square Enix. I do however own Kaira, any other character I create, and the storyline. Please don’t steal this because I have worked very hard on it.


Author notes: ~~…~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, nightmares; **. . . ** denotes scene changes; * denotes notes at the bottom




Chapter 1 ~ Prologue



**six months after the end of the game**

Kaira had been walking the streets of Midgar for about three weeks. She had no memory of how she got there. The only thing that Kaira could remember was her name.

“I wonder where I am,” Kaira whispered to herself as she continued walking.

Kaira stopped and took in her surroundings. Her mismatched eyes roamed over the many streets and buildings. Her blue and lavender eyes saw many kids roaming the streets with some sort of disease.

She shook out her golden mane in order to get her bangs out of her eyes. She felt the sweat start to bead up on her forehead. Kaira knew that she had a rally bad fever but she needed to keep moving.

Kaira coughed as she continued walking down the street. She stopped when she reached a dark and dreary alley. She walked into the alley so she could get off the streets and away from everyone else. She just wanted to curl up and die somewhere in order to escape the pain that she was feeling at the moment. She soon found the darkest corner and sat down as she started coughing really bad.

“Boy, do I feel terrible,” she said as she closed her eyes.

Once her azure and lavender eyes were closed, Kaira leaned back against the cool wall and sighed. She really wished that she could remember how she got to Midgar.

Kaira doubled over once more as another coughing fit hit her sickly body. She was able to tell that her sickness was getting worse. She was sure to die on the streets that night.

She could feel sleep wanting to overtake her tired body. She was about to welcome the darkness of sleep when she felt a rough hand grab her shoulder.

Kaira opened her eyes and quickly looked up the arm to see who it belonged to. Her eyes grew big when she saw a pair of deep green eyes staring back down at her.

“Who are you?” Kaira asked as her fear started to overtake her body.

The man just looked down at his frightened prey. He could smell the fear pouring off of his victim. He smiled down at Kaira as he moved his face closer to hers.

As her attacker moved closer to her, Kaira noticed that he was drunk just by the smell of it. The smell of the alcohol pouring off of him was starting to make her stomach turn. Kaira tried mercilessly to get away. She pushed on her assailant’s chest but to no avail.

“Wouldn’t you like to know, my pretty,” he said drunkenly.

The drunken man just smiled down at Kaira. He had a look of hunger and desire dancing in his emerald eyes. He then started to drool over the sixteen-and-a-half year old beneath him.

Kaira began to tremble when she felt the drunk pull her towards him. She then felt her body being slammed against the ground.

Kaira felt her head bounce off the concrete road of the alley a couple of times. She then started to feel the man, on top of her, start to take her clothes off. This caused Kaira to start panicking even more.

“Please don’t do this,” Kaira begged as she futilely fought off his hands.

Her attacker just laughed at her feeble attempts to push him away from her. He was about to hit her with his fist when he was stopped by someone.

Kaira’s vision started swimming in and out as she tried to concentrate on what was going on around her. She was having a hard time keeping a grasp on reality. She felt the man being pulled off of her. Kaira then looked up and saw a pair of bright blue eyes staring back down at her just as she blacked out.