Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sephiroth's Life ❯ Paying A Visit To Shinra ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Smiles * O.k.! Second chapter! By the way, the story belongs to me any characters by Squaresoft are not mine, like Sephiroth, and a few others from FF7. ^-^

Eve traveled the earth for eight years and now she was twenty-four and that would make Sephy twenty-five. It was time for her to go meet him. She didn't know why but she missed him drastically. She traveled back to Midgar and changed into her human form. The past eight years had given her more power then before. Now she had a new attack called Hell's Gates and in her human form she was able to change her appearances. In an alley she changed from her hybrid and into a human, but with blonde hair, a bit taller and green eyes. Eve wore a Shinra uniform, which secretaries mainly wore. She began her way straight toward the Shinra building. Several other workers were making their way in too. Perfect! Now, all I have to do is keep my eyes and ears open…

"Excuse me miss?" a man in a suit began, "Are you new here?"

"Yes, is there a problem sir?" Eve asked innocently. She eyed him carefully and noticed that he wasn't one of those executive types but a lower classmen.

"No, it's just that I have manners and I would like to say, welcome. If you need any help at all, please care to ask me and I will be glad to help you in any way or form." He explained.

"Thank you." Eve replied. She quickly walked over to one of the elevators and stepped in. The one thing she didn't notice, was that the leader of the TURKS was in the back watching her.

Now there's a woman with class…Hmm, yet she looks different and strange in some way. I better keep an eye on her.Tseng watched her and once the door opened she stayed while everyone else went. They were alone and she stood her ground waiting for the right level. She glanced at her watch eagerly and he kept on watching.

"Why didn't you leave with the other workers?" Tseng asked. The woman swerved to face the TURK and she looked confused for a bit and she smiled.

"I'm new here. I want to work here and another worker told me to go straight to floor…um…I think it was floor sixty. He told me that I was to speak to someone." Eve began. Several thoughts ran through her mind and she plucked them out one by one like fish in a stream.

"What is your name?" he asked coldly.

"Rebecca." Eve already knew what name she would use.

"Rebecca what?" he asked again.

"Rebecca Kruse." Eve answered. Phew!Eve stepped back and waited for the TURK to do something.

"Well then Rebecca, let me escort you to the service desk. They will be happy to welcome a new member to Shinra." Tseng replied. He walked up and pressed another level. He came back only to stand by her side. She smiled to herself, now everything was going as planned. Soon she would ring out every information out of President Shinra, about the whereabouts of Seph. Eve noticed a gun on the inside of his blue jacket and she willed it to be unloaded. She heard a faint click and knew that he wouldn't pull the gun on her if he thought she did something wrong.

They stepped out of the elevator and he began to escort her through the halls. Then another TURK, came walking up to Tseng. It was Reno, who couldn't possibly identify him from his red ass hair? They whispered to each other and then Tseng looked at Eve and then told Reno something. Reno looked behind Tseng to see a woman standing there looking around.

"My pleasure. Tseng." He snickered. Tseng left and Reno walked up to her. He looked to the left and right to see no one coming and he began.

"So, Rebecca, you want to work here?" Reno said. Eve looked at him and smiled. She remembered him from before. The idiot…

"Yeah, I heard the pay was good." She answered. Reno smiled at her remark, "How about this. You work for me and I'll pay you." He eyed her up and down. Nice, slender, she's got a figure and she's very attractive…

"I thought no one worked for the TURKS. So if you can be so kind please take me to the information desk." Eve said firmly. Reno stepped back a bit in shock that she turned down his proposal. He set his face and grabbed her by the wrist.

"This way." He said coldly. He pulled Eve through several corridors and into a room. She thought he was taking her to the service, yet instead he brought her into a storage room.

"Who do you think you are?!" Eve yelled out at Reno as he locked the door.

"I'm a TURK who doesn't take no for an answer." He replied. He walked up to Eve and began to kiss her up and down the neck and when she tried to throw him off, he pinned her down. She struggled and bit his ear until she felt the bittersweet taste of blood.

"You bitch!" he spat. He smacked Eve down to the floor ands she smiled. He looked surprised by her sudden change. She got up and began walking toward the door. Reno grabbed her again and threw her away from the exit.

"So you like to play rough? I'll show you rough!" Reno sneered. He threw himself on top of Eve and she pushed him back. She didn't want to turn into her hybrid yet. She liked the way they were playing and plus she didn't want to expose herself so soon. Even though she liked the way he kissed her up and down her neck, she didn't have time for this. She played along with him and once she got her hands free, she brought them fast at his ears. The sudden clap rung in his head and he fell off her. By the way he was breathing, she knew he was out cold. Eve looked around for a light switch and found it by the doors entrance. She looked at the locked door and brought her hand up to it. Her hand traced a faint circle around the wood with her nails and she whispered one word. There was a heat wave that flew over the metal lock and the door swung open. She smiled and looked at her uniform. She brushed a few specks of dirt of her and swung her blonde hair back. She breathed and turned to see the poor guy laying there. Serves him right!

The info desk was not hard to find and the lady was glad to have her sign up.

"Go up to level eighty and the head secretary will be glad to help you." The older woman said. "Oh, and please, call me Hanna."

"Thank you Hanna." Eve said. She left quickly with her keycard and she took the stairs this time. When she finally reached floor eighty she swore never to take the stirs again but risk the elevators. There were several desks occupied by secretaries and few that were. Eve talked to one of the women and they told her the Mora was across the foyer. After a couple of minutes, she found the woman talking to a girl, who was crying.

"He said that I wasn't good enough to be his secretary! Now what will I do?" the younger girl asked. Her eyes were puffy and red from crying and Mora comforted her.

"Don't worry Lisha, I'll find something for you all right?" Mora asked.

"Oh, thank you Mora, you are too kind." Lisha said and left. Mora turned toward Eve who stood in the doorway a bit surprised.

"May I help you?" Mora asked.

"Hi, Hanna sent me to you, she said that you were in need of a secretary and I'm new." Eve said. Mora smiled and motioned her to sit.

"Yes, Rebecca Kruse? Hanna has called me already. So you are looking for a job? How are you in typing?" she asked without looking up at Eve.

"I'm pretty fast."

"Age?"

"I just turned twenty-four."

"Where did you last live?" Mora asked. Eve searched for a town name but she only came up with one good one.

"Golden Saucer." The woman looked up and smiled.

"I went there twice. Such a nice place and I loved the Chocobo races. I used to place great bets on them. Anyway, so you just moved to Midgar?" Mora said. Eve nodded and the woman went onto typing on the computer. Eve looked around and saw several pictures hanging on the wall. Some were of children and people who looked like relatives. A few minutes later, Mora spoke.

"Well, I have two positions open. One is for poor Lisha, the woman you saw earlier. That damn son of President Shinra is an asshole. That was his fourth secretary this past month. So I hope you can handle him. You don't mind do you?" Mora asked.

"I think I'll last." Eve smiled.

"Very well, go up to three more levels, and look for the vice president office. It's huge so I don't think you'll have problems finding it." Mora explained. Eve left and walked up the two more levels and entered a foyer that held great big doors. Rufus Shinra's office and room…Eve walked up to the door and knocked.

"Who is it?" a male voice asked annoyingly.

"My name is Rebecca Kruse, and I'm here to tell you that I'm your new secretary." Eve said. She heard faint footsteps and the door opened.

Rufus opened the door to come face to face with a gorgeous blonde with green eyes. He was angry earlier but he couldn't remember about what.

"Well, um… come in please." Rufus said gently. The woman called Rebecca walked in and sat down on the nearest seat. He closed the door and walked over to the bar.

"Drinks?" He asked.

"Sure." Eve replied. Maybe I can get him drunk and he can tell me something about Sephiroth? Who knows?

"I have one question, do you know anything about the man called, Sephiroth?" Eve asked quietly. Rufus looked up and raised an eyebrow while he poured her a glass. When the woman wasn't watching, he slipped in a white powder.

"Maybe, why do ask?" Rufus said. He walked over and handed her a glass. She held it but she didn't drink it.Why the hell won't she drink? I'm getting impatient…

"Well, I have a friend who is doing a report on the great warrior, and I thought I would help her out by asking you." Eve lied.

"Well, last I heard he went to Nibelhiem two days ago to check out one of our reactors. The had been a lot of monster explosions recently and the damn village is complaining." Rufus explained. So Sephiroth is off to Nibelhiem…Kitty warned me that something bad was going to happen to that town… Just then the phone rang and Rufus groaned. He stood up and walked over to pick it up.

"Yeah?" Rufus asked.

"Hey Rufus, it's Reno. Guess what we have an intruder in the building."

"And why are you calling me?" Rufus said beginning to get angry. He glanced at the beautiful woman and smiled when she looked at him.

"Well she knocked me out! This blonde new girl with a fine figure I mean FINEand green eyes says no to RENO! Me! Can you believe it! She's feisty too." Reno exasperated.

"Reno. That is not an intruder. That is one woman who blew you off. Get over it. Now I'm busy with my secretary." Rufus explained.

"Oh? How busy? Details please!" Reno begged.

"Shut up you twit. I'm merely talking, and if anything does happen you will be the last to know about it!" said Rufus impatiently. Rufus heard Reno mutter something and asked again, "Well at least tell me her name. Please?" he begged again.

"If it will shut you up, then her name is Rebecca Kruse. Goodbye!" Rufus concluded.

"Hold on! Rebecca Kruse? That's the bitch who knocked me out!" Reno shouted. Rufus looked back and saw Rebecca missing.

"Shit! She's gone! Start searching for her!" Rufus ordered and hung up. I knew she was different and why did she want to know about Sephiroth? Damn her!

* * *

Eve snuck out of the room when he heard Rufus say her name over the phone. I bet a million that that was Reno. Can't the idiot stay out cold? The minute she was at the stairs, she changed her form. Her hair was now reddish brown and her eyes blue. After half walking half running down the steps, Eve quickly walked over to the elevators. She wasn't about to break her shoe heels! She pressed the down button several times before it came up. The doors opened and there stood Tseng, Reno, Rude and Elena. They looked at her in surprise waiting for her to step out of the way.

"Move it lady!" Elena yelled. Eve did and Reno passed her smiling while catching a few glances back.

He will never learn! Eve thought. Now to Nibelhiem and I hope Sephiroth will be there…

* Olla! So far I hope you all like it so far! R/R! Please! *