Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sephiroth's Life ❯ Nibelhiem...stupid title but hey who's perfect? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Chapter 3 is here! Yeah, well the FF7 characters belong to Squaresoft and please don't sue me yada yada yada *

Eve ran into one of the nearby alleys of Midgar and changed into dragon form. Eve could hardly squeeze herself through the walls. Finally she managed to drag herself onto the flat roofs.

"I think I'm gonna have to cut back on my food." Eve muttered as she looked at her belly. Bye bye Shinra… for now. As she threw herself out into the crispy blue sky she smiled when she heard several screams from down below. Gods how I enjoy the screams! It makes me feel so superior! Before crossing the ocean, Eve stopped by at a nearby forest. Hunting was difficult in the afternoons yet she managed to catch something. After lunch, Eve was off again toward Nibelhiem.

* * *

Cloud sat down on his bed at the Nibelhiem Inn. It had felt like forever since he left home. General Sephiroth was upstairs and he had just finished checking up on a few things in town. When he saw that Tifa would be their guide his jaw fell. It was a dangerous place for a girl like her. She could have gotten hurt! If anything happened to her I would never forgive myself. She is my best friend and always will be.Cloud thought for a bit and then decided to go to sleep.

* * *

Eve entered the little village and went straight to the inn. Maybe he's here… Today she was her own self. She wore a black shirt with blue jeans.

"Welcome to Nibelhiem, Miss. Are you going to be staying?" A man asked.

"Thank you, but no. Is a man by the name of Sephiroth staying here?"

"Why yes he is. May I take a message?" he asked politely.

"No that's all right." Eve said and walked out. Where could he be? I guess I'll have to wait and see. Eve walked around and saw a large mansion. It looked a bit run down, like nobody lived there for ages. She walked around it and found a wall covered by green vines. She quickly climbed up the plants and dragged herself onto the slanted rooftops.

The sun was setting when a young man with blonde spiky hair came running up to the mansion. Gods! How many bottles of gel did he have to put on his hair?! He came in and Eve watched closely. This reminds me of something…. When I played the game in my old world, this village was going to burn down… My gods…I'm in for a scene of a life time! Eve gripped the shingles of the roof and the heard screaming from the village. Fire could be seen already raging through the homes.

"Hey! I was watching the doors! How the hell did he get past my keen eyesight?! That moron! He better explain that to me when I get a chance to speak with him." Eve muttered angrily. She jumped off the roof and landed in the nearby bushes.

"Ouch." She muttered again. She ran into the village and saw people running out and others screaming. Yet it all didn't matter to Eve, she had experienced people die and had seen worse tragedies then this. Yes, cruel thoughts indeed, but Eve was forged through hatred and death. It all didn't matter to her, right now all that mattered was Sephiroth. Where was he?

She moved about the raging flames and then she spotted Sephiroth looking around. His eyes full of pain, anger and confusion. He was so confused…he had taken false information as the truth of his origins and Sephiroth went on slaughtering people in his path.

"He can't do this…after he finds out the truth he'll feel guilty. Guilty enough to commit suicide…" Eve said to herself. How stupid! A woman talking to herself! Eve shook her thoughts away and headed straight for Seph. He had lost his mind and nothing could stop him, yet she had to try something. Maybe if I drop a car on his head or a house? Naw. Guess I'm just gonna have to face him, knock him out, and drag him away.

She past the young spiky haired soldier and saw him crying. Eve felt sorry for him, for she knew what it was to loose loved ones…including a home. Without knowing she began to melt in with the sorrow and death and pain that reverberated from people who were dying, while being eaten by the ferocious flames and she just couldn't stop their emotions. Her eyes started to water, not from the smoke, but from the dying peoples. This was part of the magic she inherited; she had the ability to share emotions with people around her. Memories could flash through her mind and torment her or tell her information. With every step she took, a tear fell. Her coldness was overwhelmed by the hurt and sadness that flooded in.

After walking through the town square she saw Sephiroth looking about his work of art. He became a lunatic and dangerous, though he had always been a danger. Eve walked through the fire and she was thankful for her fireproof scales.

Sephiroth looked around and turned around to walk off toward the reactor. His mother was waiting for him… He turned to only come face to face with a woman in red. His mind was blank; he didn't remember her from eight years ago. Why in the hell are the flames not burning her?

: Kill her! :

Sephiroth gritted his teeth and raised his hand at the dragon woman. "Flare!" He shouted through clenched teeth. The large demi like flame engulfed the woman but dispersed and she kept walking until she stood right next to him.

: Kill her! She is evil! : The voice raged on as flashes of memories came flooding into his head. A woman walking out of a bathroom…Shinra Laboratory blowing up…a dragon…this woman hugging him. Sephiroth raised Masamune above his body with his right hand. This woman was a friend that had given him a bit of hope and joy a few years back. He felt hopeless for one second as she planted a kiss on his cracked and dry lips. Masamune shrieked and fell from Sephiroth's quivering hand. He couldn't do it…he owed her so much. He wrapped his right arm around her waist, while with his left he picked Masamune up.

Eve held tightly onto him as they walked into the wall of flames toward the reactor. Yet she didn't know that yet, her memories from her old world were vague. Kitty's instruction was like mist, warnings became nothing to her. She was with Sephiroth and that was all that mattered.

* Yup! We end here for this little episode. If you readers want to know what happens next, well lets say Sephy and Cloud are about to fight and Eve there interferes and she get very angry at Cloud…R/R Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^-^ *