Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Tuesday Morning ❯ The Ball ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hiiiii everyone!! Hehehe so I decided to put in another chapter!!! Am I nice or what!? Lol. Well here it is!! Thanks for your patience!!

~*~*~*~

Disclaimer: *sigh* no sadly I don't own the characters but I own the people I make up and Rosiana owns the people she makes up!! OKAY!? Lol. ^-^

~*~*~*~

Chapter 4

The Ball

~*~*~*~

Garnet sat with her friends, Rosiana, Rene, Christie, and Jessi at their lunch table, poking her mystery meat. "…I think it's alive…"

Rosiana blinked and looked at her tray that also had mystery meat on it. She looked in disgust and pushed the tray away from her. Jessi and Christie just giggled.

"So, Garnet… Rumor has it that you're going out with Zidane Tribal." Jessi said, lightly resting her chin on her ankle. Garnet looked at her friend with wide eyes, almost choking on her apple juice. "W-what?" she exclaimed, lightly tapping a napkin on her mouth.

"Erm, you're going out with Zidane? The one with the monkey tail?" Christie said as if trying to refresh her friend's memory. Garnet blinked and her face turned beet red as if she was about to explode.

"N-no I'm not!! Why that monkey-----" she started, glaring at Zidane who was laughing with his friends and talking. Se got up from her seat and her friends

looked at her blankly.

"Uh oh!! G-garnet wait!!" Rosiana exclaimed, catching up to her friend and noticed that Kuja was looking at her, sitting next to Zidane. He realized he was looking at her so he just smiled before turning back to his friends reluctantly.

She blushed furiously but spotted Garnet glaring and the smirking Zidane.

"Anythin' wrong, babe?" he replied, bringing a hand through his rough-looking blonde hair.

"ANYTHING WRONG, YOU SAY!? THERE'S MOST DEFINITELY SOMETHING WRONG ZIDANE TRIBAL!!" she exclaimed at the top of her lungs.

"What did I do now?" he smirked.

"We will NEVER go out with each other!! I don't understand you at all!!"

Kuja turned to his brother, raising a brow. "What is she talking about you guys not going out?"

Zidane blinked and covered Garnet's loud chatterbox and pulled her into another room. "Look, I'm sorry for spreading a lie but Garnet, please… I don't want him to think that I'm a total loser without a girlfriend; I just can't have that… He'll bug me about 'til the day I die…"

"So!? It's your fault for lying in the first place!! Why did it have to be me!?" she then broke down to the floor into tears, "You don't care about any one's feelings!! You only think life is a joke!!"

"Garnet…" he said softly, trying to hug her but she rose up quickly and turned away from him, "Is that what you really want from me? A different attitude?"

"Oh sure, and second of all, different clothes… like a gentleman." She smirked at his baggy clothes which were mostly ripped in some areas.

He frowned, looking at his punkish outfit, "M-my clothes? H-hey that's no fair!!"

"If you want to be a gentleman at the baaaall…" she sang.

A/n: I'm changing it to a ball so it could have a lot of humor and a lot of romance in it!! ^-^

"Fine, fine!! Sheesh, woman…" he muttered at the end. "Anyways, is it a date?"

She smirked at him, nodding. "It's a date."

~*~*~*~

After lunch, Garnet went with her friends to the ladies restroom to clean her face.

"Are you okay?" said a girl with dirty blonde hair hanging in her eyes with a black top and black miniskirt, coming in the restroom.

"Yes, Beatrix… I'm fine." Garnet replied, using tissue to clean her face before putting some makeup on.

"You gave us a scare!! That stupid Zidane thinks he can boss anybody around!!" said a little girl with short neck length purple hair, emerald orbs looking in surprise at her friend.

"I'm sorry guys…" she said quietly.

"It's not your fault… It's no ones fault." Rosiana said softly, rubbing her friends back.

"Yeah!! 'Cept that good-for-nothing Zidane!!" the purple haired girl known as Eiko exclaimed, balling up her fists.

"…"

"Well, we better get going… Our last class is about to begin." Rene said, looking at her watch.

Christie nodded, waving goodbye to everyone, and leaving the restroom. After

Garnet fixed her face, she nodded at them and they walked out the restroom, realizing that Zidane was leaning against the wall next to the door, along with his brother.

Zidane slowly turned his head to Garnet, "You ok, now?"

Garnet nodded, smiling, "Thank you for caring, I appreciate it… I guess."

He smirked and nodded, bringing his hand out, "Shall we go then my dear?" he said royally, using his other hand to flick some strands of blonde from his eyes.

Eiko looked at both of them. What the heck is he doing!? He belongs to me!!

Garnet held his hand and replied, "Of course, let us be on our way dear." She chuckled a bit, walking away and leaving her friends behind who just sighed happily.

Kuja cleared his throat looking to the girls and Rosiana, meaning if he could have a word with Rosiana. The girls snickered, looking to him then nodded, heading to their next classes. She smiled, coming towards him, "What's up?" she asked cheerfully.

He smiled at her and scratched his head, "Um, so there's this ball thing going on… I was wondering if you be interested to go with me… and… um…"

She smiled, putting her hands behind her back and moving from side to side, blushing furiously, "You wanna go out with me?"

Kuja's eyes widened as he felt his face heated up a bit, looking to the ground,

"Uh, yeah, something like that… But if you don't want to then I understand." He said rapidly.

"Oh no!! I-I'd love to go with you!! E-even though I sorta kinda hate dresses…" she replied, smiling softly.

He nodded and smiled, the blush leaving his pale face. "So it's a date?"

She nodded, shaking his hand as he pulled it out, "It's a date, Kuja!!"

~*~*~*~

Garnet's House

7:05 p.m.

Ball starts at 8:00

~*~*~*~

Garnet looked in the mirror and saw herself in the dress that Alexandria gave her as a souvenir. She always wore a emerald crown that had a emerald gem in the middle. It totally matched her silver like dress; it also looked like the color of Kuja's hair, which was also silver.

She smiled, swaying her dress around with her hands and afterwards, put 2 scarf-like gloves on her hands. Then Rosiana came in, wearing a dress that matched her beautiful azure hues, smiling.

"Um, Zidane's here!!" she shouted eagerly.

Garnet nodded and followed her down the stairs, seeing Zidane nervously sitting down. She gasped. He looked cuter like a gentlemen than in a punkish outfit!!

She got in back of him and noticed that all of his hair was straight back, like he used some gel for it. He also wore a tuxedo with a white rose in it.

"You should wear stuff as a gentlemen more often, Zidane." She said behind

him, starting him but smirked.

"Nah. I'm only doing it for tonight!! Then I'm back with the punkish outfits!!" he exclaimed, then laughing with her afterwards. "Hm… You're more beautiful than

I have ever imagined, Garnet…"

This caused her to blush furiously, "T-thanks… You're not so bad yourself."

He snickered, "You already told me a comment."

She shook her head, "Oh… Leave me alone!" she stomped her foot on the ground.

"Anyways, you ready?" he asked.

"Yes. Let me get my coat." She headed down the hall right after Rosiana appeared and Zidane smiled at her. "I think your going to give my brother a coma…"

Rosiana smiled and started swinging her body around again, "Oh, shut up!!"

He smiled and walked towards Garnet to help her put her coat on and looked to the door when the bell rang.

"I'LL GET IT!!" Rosiana sang loudly, walking towards the door and swinging it open.

Kuja stood there a bit startled but traced his eyes to examine every bit of Rosiana. "Um, hey…"

"Hey. You look nice. ^_^" she said, looking to his baby blue shirt covered by a white suit.

"Um, thanks… You look, um…"

"Beautiful!! The word's beautiful!!" Zidane exclaimed, rolling his eyes at his brother.

Kuja growled, "I knew that, freak!!"

This made Garnet and Rosiana laugh a bit. Garnet went ahead with Zidane to his care and Rosiana followed Kuja to his car.

~*~*~*~

At the ball

~*~*~*~

Garnet and Zidane finally arrived along with their friends Rosiana and Kuja. They sat at the table that had a number 4 on it. They all sat in the same table, then a butler came and acted fancy saying, "Welcome to La Fray, Oui will give me your order."

Zidane frowned, looking at him, "Uh, 'we'?"

Garnet poke his shoulder and whispered in his ear, "Oui means 'you'."

"Ohhhh…" Zidane said, dumbstruck. Rosiana and Garnet giggled.

"Hmph, embarrassing to have you as my brother…" Kuja muttered.

"I heard that T_T" Zidane said, glaring at his brother who grinned at him.

"Come on guys, stop fighting!! Let's have some fun!!" Rosiana exclaimed, smiling.

"Sure, whatever. Wanna dance, Garnet?" Zidane asked, holding out his hand.

Garnet nodded and allowed him to escort her to the dance floor. He put his arms around her waist and she put her arms around his neck.

"1, 2, 3… 1, 2, 3…" Zidane muttered, while they were dancing. He looked at Garnet when she tried her best not to laugh. "Hey, I'm doing my best!!! Don't laugh at me!!!" he exclaimed.

"Heh, ok, I'm sorry… I just… never knew a person like you could dance like this." She said softly.

"There are certain things that I can do that you don't know about, my dear." He said with a smirk.

Garnet gazed at his sparkly sapphire orbs, "Mind showing me one of them?"

Zidane he stopped dancing with her and whispered, "Sure." He then pulled her into a soft, passionate kiss and outside of the glass windows above them, were fireworks that sparkled in the dark night.

~*~*~*~

The night finally ended and Zidane walked Garnet home while Kuja drove

Rosiana to her house.

Rosiana looked out the window sadly because she really didn't want this night to end. Kuja saw her and smiled, bringing a hand to her cheek and patted it softly. She looked at him and blushed a bit, smiling.

Then the song 'Tuesday Morning' from Michelle Branch came on and Rosiana sighed softly as the cold air from the air conditioner softly hit her face.

Kuja parked at her house and scratched his silver hair when they stared at each other I front of her door.

"I… Guess I should go now." Rosiana said softly.

"Yeah, I guess." He muttered.

Rosiana smiled and laughed at him, but removed some strand of silver across his face and kissed him after saying, "Goodnight." She then closed the door after heading inside.

Kuja stood there, staring at the door with wide eyes but then grinned and slowly walked back to the car. Seemed like the night ended romantically.

To Be Continued…

Aiko-sama's Note: Well since I gave you guys a long chapter, you owe me!! Lol. Just kidding. Next chapter will be up soon!! Buh-bye

~ Aiko-sama