Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unforgivable -Edition 1- ❯ Arrival and Departure ( Chapter 27 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 27 -Arrival and Departure-

Months passed, work on the Garden was progressing slower than suspected due to the cold weather. Selphie and Quistis were due any-day now. Both Seifer and Squall were grateful, and excited.

~*~ The tall brown haired headmaster burst into Mr. And Mrs. Almasy's room. Greeted by the lapdog, his step-daughter, Fujin and Zell.

"What the HELL?!" Seifer exclaimed jumping up. "What is with you? Can't you knock?"

"Selphie, infirmary, giving birth.." Squall panted his palms resting on his knees, still standing in the doorway.

All that was seen was a blur of blond hair, as the ex-knight ran past Mr. Leonhart, sprinting down the hall-way towards the infirmary, knocking over cadets and equipment on the way.

~*~

"La, la, laa, la, la, laaa, la, la, la, la, la, la, laaaa, laaaa." Mrs. Almasy sung into both her new twins ears peacefully, as she cradled them in her arms.

In the other room a panting voice yelled, as the metal doors slammed shut. "Where is she?" Is all she heard before her husband burst through the door, stopping dead in his tracks. "Twins?!" The tall panting blond screeched with happiness.

"Shh, where is Summer?" She asked quietly, smiling at her love as she handed the two over to him. "There is some problems with the boy, he was having breathing trouble. Dr. Kadowokie will do some tests tomorrow if it does not pick up."

Glancing back to Selphie he smiled widely. "I'm a Father! I mean I was, but, yeah, but, TWINS?! Will he be alright?" Announced Seifer with utter, happiness and surprise in his quiet voice, ignoring his wife's last comment. "Summer is with Fu and Chicken-wuss."

Smiling she snuggled up in the covers of the small cot, drifting off to sleep as Mr. Almasy stood with the twins in utter shock and bewilderment.

Looking at the boy, with soft brown hair, with layers of blond. His eyes a light green. The soft white skin was pale, breathing seemed to be so soft.

(Something, is wrong. I can feel it.) Seifer thought while he held his new Son and Daughter. (They are both beautiful.)

The girl had blond hair, with soft brown streaks yet could lightly tell since she was an infant. Her eyes a dazzling soft green, a small sparkle in the center. The small fingers held a tight grip around her fathers finger.

~*~*~*~

Seifer was awoken by a scream and the loud sobs of his wife sitting on the edge of her bed. Dr. Kadowokie by his side shaking him awake.

"Huh!?!? Sephy! What is wrong?" He said rubbing his eyes, leaping over to her side, pulling her small body to his chest. "Shh, Shh.. What's wrong."

"Mr. Almasy could you come in the hallway with me for a moment?" The short lady in the white lab coat asked in a sad desperate tone.

The ex-knight obligated and kissed Mrs. Almasy's forehead before stepping into the hall, closing the door behind him.

"What IS it?!" Seifer questioned angrily.

Taking in a heavy breath, she continued. "Your son, had some trouble with his breathing last night, …again."

"WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!"

"It happened quickly, we are sure he did not feel very much pain.. But, your son… died. There was nothing we could do."

"NO!!!" Seifer screamed. (Selphie! Oh Hyne! She …) The tall blond rushed back into the small patients room hugging his wife close as he too sobbed into his shoulder.

~*~*~

Three days following a funeral was held for Galen Almasy in the small field by their old orphanage. Dark clouds covering the sky, as heavy rain fell onto the small crowd allowed at the funeral.

Her emerald gaze fixed on her husband and Varla there new gift, daughter. He stood staring as the small casket was lowered into the ground.

"Mommy, Galen will be alright. He is with Raine, Squall's mommy. She will take care of him right?" Summer said into her crying mothers ear. Her small arms wrapped loosely around her neck.

Selphie titled her head to the left facing her daughter. "Yes Sweetie... I'm sure Raine will take good care of Galen for us." She said Giving her vibrant girl, a kiss.

To Be Continued--