Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ your not so tough ❯ High nights on the highwind ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



The sun was setting on a unusually warm day at Cosmo canyon. Everyone stepped out of the highwind greeted to bright yellows, oranges, and reds of the sunset and canyon. It had been awhile since the canyon had looked so nice.


"This reminds me of the night grandfather left." Red XII said to Vincent as he stared out into the distance. They day that Burgenhagen `left' was also the day Red XII was named leader of Cosmo canyon.


"Nanaki returning so soon?" said the man at the gate.


"We won't be staying long," Nanaki said solemnly


"It's been busy here, I don't think there are any beds for your friends." Gate man said. Nanaki shook his head "we will be sleeping in the Highwind then." Everyone shrugged and went to look around.


"Hey all ya'll meet back at the highwind for dinner in couple of hours" Cid shouted to his dispersing group. Vincent looked around the various shops and chatted with Red XII a bit, but other than that he was very bored. After browsing the materia shop he saw Nanaki heading down into the Cave of the Gi. He knew better than to interrupt him because he knew that he was going to visit his father and grandfather. The sun was starting to set and Vincent had decided to head back into the Highwind for dinner. As he entered he saw that Yuffie was not where he left her. He continued to walk to the operations room witch was turned into a kitchen and dining room. He stopped a few feet from the door because he heard a small thump behind him. He grabbed his gun and turned around. Vincent turned to see Yuffie with her hands up like a bear ready to attack.


"What are you doing?" Vincent said in a dull voice.


"I was going to try and scare you." She said innocently "by the way here your cape." She added handing him his cape back. Dinner went calmly people laughing over Barret's and Cid's arguments. After everyone was finished and Barret and cid were assigned to dish duty by Tifa because they broke a plate Yuffie and Vincent decide to get some air. Everyone stared at them as they left too. They went to the most abandon part of the ship witch was the deck. On deck it was quite warm the small lights cid installed were lightly the deck dimly. Yuffie and Vincent sat down near the edge and looked up at the stars.


"You know Vincent I heard once that every time a life is born a star appears to kind of serve as a guardian." Yuffie said staring at the star filled sky.


"Who told you that?" Vincent asked curiously


"My mother I think, I was really young when she died" Yuffie said


"It really is a great theory," Vincent said


"You think it's true?" Yuffie asked looking at his shade-darkened face.


"Most definitely" Vincent said and Yuffie smiled. After a moment of silence they heard a quiet click.


"What was that?" Yuffie said


"I don't know Vincent said suspiciously loud. Vincent leaned down close to Yuffie's ear and whispered.


"It's the intercom, we are being spied on." Vincent smirked Yuffie leaned up and whispered into his ear and said


"Well then let's entertain them." Her voice was laced with mischief. Yuffie and Vincent whispered to each other for a bit. In the bridge


"So why aren't they talking" cloud said


"Maybe they heard us" cid answered. Then a crackling was heard through the intercom followed by voices and moans.


"mmmmmhmm oh Vincent" said an out of voice Yuffie.


"oh do that again"


"mmm Yuffie that feels so good"


"ah aha aha ah" came some feminine moans


"ahhh" then came a masculine moan.


"Say my name wench"


"V v v v v VINCENT!" screamed Yuffie.

Inside the bridge everyone had their jaws to the floor.


"What…the…hell?" reeve said. Their came some more moans then cid had had enough his face had turned bright red with anger as he turned on the intercom so he could speak. Everyone else ran down to the deck as fast as they could.


"WHAT IN THE BURNING FLAMES OF HELL ARE YOU DOING ON MY SHIP!!!!!!" he yelled spitting his anger on the microphone. Down by the bridge door stood Yuffie and Vincent cracking up with laughter as the stampede of their friends ran up to them.


"VINCENT! How could you she's 17!" Tifa screamed at him.


"But I didn't do anything." Vincent said laughing


"Yeah we were just talking when the intercom clicked on." Yuffie said everyone fell over anime style (oh yeah thinking of you kenshin).


"That's what you get for spying" Yuffie smirked.

A/N: you may not think it was very funny but I did. But whatever this was pretty much a pointless chapter just because I wanted to put that joke somewhere and to put the star thing in. maybe I'll put my hell theory in too. Email me if you wanna hear my hell theory.