Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ your not so tough ❯ When a star dies... ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: yeah so is yoh thinking about being a good guy? Still I don't I'm going to see shrek 2 tonight maybe I'll think about it then. Anyway

SoldierBoy2050- it's an interest proposition I've never co authored a story before and I think it would be interesting IM or email me at HumanoidTyphooK@aol.com and talk about it. And the onimusha 2 is so much better than the first one. I never really liked the first one. And every time I get close to beating an onimusha game I always get my ass kick by nobunaga a couple of times. Anyway it's not like I'm going to make Vincent turn into the true onimusha. Oni power is the stuff on the collar. I'm going to make it so it seals the demons within people. OPPS! That was spoiler wasn't it. Oh well.

Yoh sighed inwardly as he walked down the dirt streets of Wutai. The once vibrant bright sun had taken its leave from the sky leaving a mix of pink and blackness of the night. Yoh strolled into the building were the jail stood. Though the building said jail the really holding place for prisoners was in the underground tunnels. He had requested that Vincent have a special cell above ground though.


Vincent stared out his small barred window at the night sky. The stars were starting to show. He wondered if his star, his guardian, was flickering out right now. Yoh walked into the doors, but he didn't turn to meet him. He continued to stare out the window until his cell was opened and he was instructed to go out for a walk with Yoh.


"Vincent…we need to talk." Yoh said looking up to the now darkened sky as they stood at the end of town.


"I have nothing to say to my executor." Vincent said coldly.


"You know he went looking for you." Yoh said calmly.


"Huh?" Vincent said giving him an odd look.


"My father…when he heard what happened…he went out looking for his friend." Yoh said sadly


"He was gone for three years…I was 15 when he came back…when he left he told me to prepare the armies for war for when he found you we would attack shinra." Yoh said with a little laugh in his voice.


"We were best friends when we were young. I don't remember much else." Vincent said as he sat down on a rock


"You remember the people that lived on the island before us, right." Yoh said looking down at him.


"Yes, they were called the Oni right. Yeah I spent so many nights in there sacred caves sleeping and eventually learned to read there ancient text." Vincent said fiddling with the collar around his neck.


"I too went to those cave while my father was away. I harnessed the sacred power of the oni. Like in that collar it seals the demons inside. I regretted having to use it on you." Yoh said solemnly.


"Why did you bring me out here?" Vincent asked.


"Vincent Valentine friend of my late father I offer you your freedom." Yoh said unlatching the collar.


"I thank you, but I will not leave without my friends or Yuffie" Vincent said picking up the collar and reattaching it around his neck.


"I am sorry to hear that." Yoh said sadly as he walked Vincent back to his cell.

=.= the next day =.=

Vincent sat in his cell rubbing his eyes. Today was the day that he and his friends would be executed. Just several hours ago he had started to hear the loud murmur of voices. He knew his time was drawing near. Down the hall came the jingle of keys Vincent stood up as several guards and a couple of Gallic warriors opened the door and beckoned him forward. Vincent was walked out on stage where his friends kneeled in the background struggling a little bit. Vincent gave them a little nod as he was also set down to his knees in front of a wooden block with the front carved out for him to lay his head on. Besides him stood Yoh in his traditional Gallic armor. Yoh wore a face masked over his nose and mouth but his eyes said the he was sad. In his hand he held a large double bladed axe surrounded with oni power. The blades so large if Yoh laid one bladed side on the ground the other side would reach up to his thighs. Vincent hoped that Yuffie was not in the audience, but she was, in fact she was a mere 15 feet from him chained to a chair. She was struggling worst then their friends were. Yoh picked up the axe and raised it high above his head. Vincent lowered his head and closed his eyes. He heard the swish of the axe………hahahaha that's the end for this chapter.