Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Complications of Love and Humanity ❯ The Myrmidonn and the Tactician ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello, my friends! School is back and it's back to work. NO! Oh what the hell! Here's the next chapter and all. I hope you like it!

  Complication of Love and Humanity

 

Chapter Three

On the outskirts of Ostia, a dark, gloomy shadow was reaching out towards the far off village. It seemed so close, yet it was far. He stretched out his arm in hopes that he could grasp it and arrive sooner. The figure's clothes were all tattered, his long olive hair was in a mess, and his face was obviously filthy. A loud growl had roared from his stomach as he clutched on to it. I...I don't think I'll make it, he thought as he fell to the ground in a dead faint.

A somewhat bright light had hit his face as he slowly opened his green eyes. Looking around, the young man noticed that he wasn't outside on the ground by inside a somewhat familiar place he had seen. On his bed were his old clothes that have been mended together again. A light blue tunic was what he was wearing now. Soon, a familiar face had appeared, who's amber eyes and golden hair was a shocked.

"So, you finally awoke, huh?" Spoke the youth who was carrying a tray with food on it.

"Whe-where am I?" Asked the injured man.

"You don't know? Yeesh, Guy! We've only been here about three times in our journey!"

"Matthew...are we in...Ostia?"

"Yeah! Wasn't this place where you were going?"

"Um...I wasn't sure. This place was the first that I saw."

"I thought Saceans were better prepared then how you are! This is twice I've saved your life and now it's twice you owe your life to me!"

"What? I can not lie, the reason I left was to get away from your harsh cruelty! And I don't owe you my life twice, because I've haven't said it!"

"Okay, but you owe me something else. I still got that Oathpaper you signed! Here's your food! I know you're hungry!"

As the food was placed before the Myrmidon, Guy could only stare at it for a moment before digging in. It has been seven days since he had ate, drank, or even took a bath. Which later, Matthew had told him to. Once the Sacean had relaxed for a moment, he let out a happy sigh. He asked around about Lord Hector, but unfortunate, he had left to Cyprus. So now, he was stuck with the thief. Things could not get more worse then that.

Outside of the city was a long silhouette that came from a far off place. Looking around the area, this young maiden was happy to return. As soon as she stepped into the villages, the people had recognized her. Even though, she didn't ask for it, she was praised.

"Oh..." Said an old woman. "Praise be to thee, Lady Tactician."

"Oh no." Spoke the young maiden. "You don't need to say such things."

"Lady Yuriko, greatest female tactician." A young girl had squeaked as she approached the girl. "We present you with a gift. Take this badge in which we have made out of gold and jewels, so it may guide you well."

"Thank you. But you don't need to call me 'Lady.'" Smiled Yuriko. Yes! She shouted in her mind, I just told everyone that I will kick some ass! Ha ha ha! No one believed me when I said I would be famous!

"I want to be like you when I grow up."

"Ha ha ha. I would be honored to have you follow my footsteps. I was stopping by to know if any of you can directly me to Castle Ostia. I must speak with Lord Hector." Yeah, that brute still owes me money and land for my services! Thought the brunette as she smiled sweetly. That bastard is going to hear an ear full from me!

"I will take you there, Lady Yuriko." Said a young man, no older then Yume's age.

"I appreciate it."

So, the young man had brought a cart which a rather tall and old horse was pulling. The young man climbed up and held out his hand to the lovely brunette girl. As they rode off, he couldn't help it but stare at the tactician. Yuriko was a tad tall. She had short rich chestnut hair, sparkling emerald eyes, and quite rosy lips. Her attire was a long purple cloak, blue boots, and a sleeveless blue dress. The girl was actually young for a tactician.

"So..." Spoke the young man. "Miss Yuriko, I'm Tom. I heard great stories about your victories and all."

"I'm that famous?" Asked the forest green eyed female.

"Uh...yeah. I've...I've b-been admiring you...for a while. And I finally get...to meet y-you."

"Ha ha ha. Well, thank you." Hee hee, even the town boys are crushing over me! Thought the tacticianist.

"What have you been doing all this time."

"Oh...I've here and there. Oh, there's the castle. Thank you."

"W..w-w-w-w-w-ait! I love you, marry me!"

Though the call was loud, the young tactician either didn't hear it, or ignored it. Letting out a sigh of relief, Yume looked at the gate and remembered all of the times she had when she was in this kingdom. I wonder if Lord Hector has changed or not. She told herself, but, I guess he might not! Probably still a ladies' man, almost like Sain. Soon a guard from the top of the gate saw the figure below him.

"State your name and purpose, madam." He called out.

"It is I, Yuriko the tactician. I am here to speak to Lord Hector."

"Oh, Lady Yuriko! Ostia is happy to see you again. I will lower the gate for you."

In a matter of moments, the gate had opened, and the brunette just walked onto the bridge and into the castle, where she looked around it. Not a lot of changes were made to the place since she had last seen it. Suddenly, a familiar figure was in the hallway. It wasn't the one that she wanted to see right now, but she was happy.

"Matthew?" She called out as she walked over to the thief.

"Huh? Well, if it isn't Yuri!" Spoke the blonde with a slight smirk on his face.

"I'm glad to see you too!"

"What brings you here?"

"I'm here to see Lord Hector. I wanted to congratulate him for being the new Marquess of Ostia."

"Too bad he ain't here. He just left to Cyprus."

"What! That's two days from here. What the hell is he doing over there! I swear if he's to avoid me from my payment he's gonna have it straight up his ass! He's avoided my letters for a year now!"

"Whoa! Slow down, milady! He won't be gone long. Why don't you stay a while here. I bet you're hungry."

"But...but...it's wrong. I mean, I'd practically be stealing food and a room." Her stomach growled loudly as she looked down at herself.

"Nonsense! Lord Hector enjoys company and he wouldn't mind YOU to eat."

"But...I...fine, what the hell!"

Before she could say anything, the clever thief took the girl by the hand and dragged her to the table where he told a cook to make something for the girl. Remembering who she was, the cook agreed and went to create a feast for her. Being speechless and dumbfounded, Yuriko sat down on the chair and waited.

Just then, Guy happened to walk in. His soft eyes had captured the figure that he had never seen in a long time. Is it...her? He asked himself as he crept closer.

"Oh. Guy! Hey, what are you doing, sneaking back there." Piped Matthew.

"I...I was just...I mean..." Guy responded as he looked at the two of them.

"Guy!" Yuriko chirped as she got up from her seat."Is that you? Ha! It is! I've missed you! I'm so glad we can see each other again!"

"Uh...yeah...me t-too."

"Dinner is served." Called out the cook as he placed the final dish on the table.

Smiling, the brunette held out her hand to Guy. Hesitating for a moment, the Sacean took it and followed her to the table. He slightly blushed a bit at the feel of such a tender hand. As the three of them sat down, they had shared stories about what they have done in the past year. The emerald eyed tactician told the boys about her travels and her victories over the many countries of Elibe.

She even showed them a book in which she wrote all of her stories in it. The book had contained all of her adventures since the moment she had met Hector and so on and so forth. When she wasn't looking, the amber eyed thief took it and looked at it's content. In some of the pages she had drawn pictures of practically everyone in their quest. Once in a while when she was talking,

Yuriko would give Guy a sweet smile, since he rarely said anything at all. Why does he keep staring at me? Asked the tactician, I feel rather nervous when some guy looks at me like that. It’s like he wants to eat me or something. Or maybe…did Guy turn to cannabalism? I don’t think he’s be THAT desperate for food. Or maybe those eyes are…bedroom eyes?

But the Myrmidon had things to say that were difficult to say right now. Ever since he had cast eyes on Yuriko, he had thought of her as someone to be respected, but later it had turned into a feeling much more greater. The teal haired youth didn't know what to think or do. At first after they met things didn’t go very well. Often she would yell at him for every thing he did that annoyed her. Somehow though, when she learned about him during that night.

“You’re such a klutz!” Shouted Yuriko as she glared at Guy. “You almost got yourself killed and you could have gotten Rath hurt!”

“I…I’m sorry,” whined Guy as he tried to apologize as nice as he could. “I won’t do it again.”

“Why do you persist to still be in this army? Is it because of Matthew’s Oathpaper? If that’s that case then I’ll order him to destroy it and you can leave back home.”

“You don’t know how much those words sound to me. I would give anything to be released from such cruelty as Matthew’s. But that’s not the reason why I stayed here. I have a more important reason. I want to be the best swordsmen in all of Sacea….no, the world. “

Guy looked up at Yuriko with a new set of eyes she had never seen. It was the eyes of a dreamer. Yuriko looked into Guy’s soft green eyes and could tell how determined he was to make his dream come true. Looking towards the ground, the young Sacean warrior tried to find the right words to describe what he was feeling.

“I want to be the best to prove myself to the other Sacean that I don’t need to learn how to use a bow to be a warrior.” Continued Guy.

“A bow?” Asked the tactician as she looked at him.

“You see…the Kutolah are a tribe known as the strongest in all of Sacea. We value our strength and most importantly are skilled archers. I…never was good with the bow so often I was….an outcast from the others. Only Dayan, the Silver Wolf acknowledged me to pick up the sword and fight. That is why I left Sacea to improve my skills and to learn to protect my mother.”

“…your mother….”

“That is why I beg you to please let me stay in this army. I just…”

“Shut up, Guy!” Barked Yuriko as she flared up.

“Miss Tactician?” Asked the Sacean youth as he looked into her eyes.

“Shut up! I’ve had enough of your crappy excuses! You think with that attitude you could ever be in this army or even be a great warrior? If you’re going to be the strongest swordsman, then stop moping around and act like one!”

“But I…does that mean…I stay?”

“What do you think? If you stop here you won’t be able to protect your mother! You have be in this army to train and to beat Matthew to earn your freedom! From now on I want you to train hard and every day no matter what, you got that?”

“Ye-yes ma’am! Oh, thank you so much, Miss Tactician! I won’t let you down!”

“And one last thing! Don’t ever call me ‘Miss Tactician’ again! That sounds so stupid. I have a name you know. It’s Yuriko and since we are on good terms you don’t have to call me ‘Miss’ like some of the others do. We’re friends now.”

“We’re friends? Wow, that’s even better! Thanks I won’t forget this!”

And with that Guy smiled brightly at the tactician then rushed out through the fields with his sword in his hand and trained. Yuriko shook her head at how much energy Guy had in his body. Sighing, she left towards her tent to write a bit in her journal.

Ever since then the young myrmidon and the young tactician became good friends. Most were stunned to see them as friends, but no one really knew that true reason behind it. Yuriko had sympathized with Guy over several issues. Meanwhile the boy grew to understand that under her cocky exterior she was just a girl who dreams of riches and fame. Though two different dreams, they still had a burning ambition to finish it.

"Oh, it's late." Replied the youthful girl.

"You feel sleepy?" Asked Matthew.

"Well, yes. But where would I stay?"

"I'll take you to a vacant room. C'mon Guy, let's escort her."

"Uh, okay." Replied the Sacean as he followed both of them. Finally they had reached a room.

"Okay, thanks for your help." Said the girl with a serene smile. "Good night, Matthew, Guy."

"'Night." Replied the thief as he looked to his companion.

"Oh...um, good night." Replied Guy as he looked to the floor. The door was closed, leaving the two boys alone in the hallway.

"Guy?" Spoke the blonde man as he looked back at Yuri's room.

"What?" Responded the swordsman as his glance had changed.

"I saw that."

"Saw what?"

"That look! You have the hots for Yuri, huh?"

"Excuse me?"

"Admit it! Ever since you've joined our journey, I always saw you looking at her with those eyes."

"You...you...just shut up!"

"Hee hee, man you can turn shades of red quick! I don't blame you. She's kinda cute and all. You should go and tell her what you feel. I think she will say the same thing."

"No way! I...I just couldn't!"

"Why not?"

"Because...I'm a poor, worthless swordsman. And she's a...praised tactician...who's younger then me and in love with Rath."

"Oh c'mon! Just because of Rath you’re gonna give up? First off you know he was never interested in her THAT way. So just give it a try.”

"She'll reject me!"

"No she won't! Look, tomorrow I'll arrange something for the two of you and JUST the two of you. That way, you can get to know her better and she will to you. When the time is right, tell her."

"...This won't work."

"Thanks! Well, get some sleep! Tomorrow, is a big day for you as you will finally get some from your sweetheart!"

"Shut up!"

 

 

Yuriko is the tactician, she's the name I gave to my tactician. BTW, I changed her name. It used to be Yume. Next chapter will contain, Etruria (back with Erk), Pharea(Lyn arrives), and Cyprus (Let's see what Hector will say). If you have any good ideas for what Hector should say to Florina when he arrives, anything funny or rude, send it! I might even add it in, or just have a good time laughing at the responses! Bye!