Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Complications of Love and Humanity ❯ Hector's Plan and Lyn's Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi! I'm back. Thank you all for your reviews on this story thus far. Thank you all for your wonderful reviews!     Complication of Love and Humanity    

Chapter Two

In Castle Ostia, Lord Hector had been busy polishing his trusty Wolf Beil to keep it handy. Often he kept it in good condition to show his people that he was ready for anything that might happen. Though his real reason was that he was somewhat bored. It seemed like his only thing of entertainment was when Eliwood would come over and have a spar.

But lately the red-head has been out of it. He hasn't been concentrating in their fights and often looks a bit dazed as he would often just stare into space. Then sometimes his companion would often ask questions about Lyn. Like some of the questions would be like what she was doing now, or if she misses them. At one time, Eliwood blurted out a question about if he knew if Lyn was married or courting anyone.

The blue haired noble shook his head. He knew that his fiery friend had something for the teal haired noble, but the problem was that he was so dense about his feelings. Hector laughed heartily as he thought of what Eliwood would do if he discovered his own feelings. That boy is so dense! He told himself. He needs help.

"Lord Hector?" Spoke Oswin, his trusty companion and caretaker.

"Yes, Oswin?" Replied Hector.

"Matthew is here to see you. Shall I let him in?"

"Yes, bring him in."

"My, my!" Said Matthew with a sly grin on his face. "You've grown your Highness. How has it been since you've become the Marquess?"

"It's somewhat all right, but I miss fighting."

"Yeah, you were always a brute at it."

"What brings you here?"

"Oh...I just so happened to be in Cyprus..."

"That is city is two days away. How did you... ?"

"Uh...I hitched a ride."

"You stole a horse."

"So...? I'm a thief! That's my job! Well, anyway I was in Cyprus when I laid my skillful eyes on someone we've met before. An old friend who happens to be a Pegasus Knight."

"Florina?"

"Yep! She's there for a couple of days before she heads back to Caelin. If you want to talk to her, you better go."

"Yes, I will but...she isn't the one to talk. I mean back then she hardly even let out a squeak for me."

"Well, since you've had a crush on her, I think this is time to talk to her."

"Wait, how did you know...? You've peaked into my journal, you scum!"

The blonde thief let out a good laugh before he ran out of the room as Hector lifted an item to throw at him. Matthew ran off into the night and decided to disappear until Hector cools down a bit. As for the lord himself, he try to think for a moment. Should he go and see Florina or should he not. The problem was, what could he say to her?

It was clear that both of them didn't have a good communicating skill with each other, since they were like polar opposites. Where Hector was loud and strong, Florina was soft and timid. But to the cyan haired lord, she was a cutie.

Of all the girls he has been with, he found the Pegasus Knight to be somewhat of a rare beauty. He scoffed at himself for being a softy and decided that to remain his reputation as being a lady's man and the strongest man in Elibe, he had to woo her.

He called to Oswin and asked for him to prepare his horse tomorrow and head to Cyprus first thing. In the morning, Hector had gathered his things and equipped his Wolf Beil as he mounted his horse. As he was about to take off, Matthew came out of nowhere and gave him flowers.

"Give them to Florina!" The blonde thief spoke.

Meanwhile in Caelin, a man of chestnut brown hair skillfully rode his horse into town. His ever charming grace and looks surely made him a popular knight of Castle Caelin. Though he also had a good personality and a righteous mind, his only bad habit was his weakness for girls. Yes, this youth was a real skirt chaser. Sain was his name and charming in his game.

Sain had been charged of guard duty of the town that day, so he wondered off. Any girl that came to be, he would surely stop to flirt. As he went town the road, he spotted a lovely blonde girl with piercing green eyes and a somewhat skimpy red dress. Moving some hair out of the way, he galloped to her.

"Ah! What lovely light is this?" He spoke with enthusiasm. "My my! I have not see such a sight as you, milady! Why the spring has never been so happy to allow such a blossom to bloom."

"Hee hee!" Giggled the girl bashfully. "My! You're quite good with words and very cute too."

"Pray tell me, milady, what is your name?"

"It's..."

"Sain!" Shouted a voice from behind the brunette.

"Oh no..." Sain let out.

"What?" Asked the blonde girl.

"Kent."

"There you are, you reckless hooligan!" Barked Kent with a stern look on his face.

"K-kent! How are you doing, buddy?"

"I'll tell you how I am doing! I am angered by your actions! You should have been watching town AND watching Lady Lyndis! Now she's gone!"

"What! Lady Lyndis is gone?"

"She hasn't been seen since last night! Old Marquess Hausen is worry sick that he might die any moment now! C'mon, we have to look for her."

"Prey tell me your name!"

"It's...Melody." Said the girl a little too late as Kent dragged Sain with him.

So in the mist of panic, the two Paladins searched over town and towards the neighboring villages for Lyn. What they didn't know was that she was off into the eastern plains of Caelin. The teal haired girl often looked towards that direction as if she was waiting for something or someone. Closing her sapphire eyes, Lyn laid in the grass and took a moment to think.

It has been two years since I left the plains... She thought as she had several flashbacks, and two years since I last saw... him. When I first looked at him...I know he could do no harm. His soft aqua eyes, his pale skin, his fiery hair...I know that I like him but...I just don't get it. Eliwood...I wonder what you're doing now?

Do you miss me, like I do to you? Maybe you...have found another and have forgotten about me and...that night when we talked. I still remembered how cute you looked when you blushed so red when you looked deep into my eyes as I talked to you. Even Hector noticed it and laughed about it. I just wished that you were here, right now, with me.

I...miss you and...I think that maybe...that I...deeply...truly... am in love...with you. If only I could...show you how I feel. Then maybe you'll understand my feelings. If only...I could...kiss you. Bah! What am I saying? I never used to act like this. What’s wrong with me? What could Eliwood do to ever make me feel like this?

"Lady Lyndis?" Shouted a voice from above her. "There you are. What are you doing, milady?"

"Kent? Sain?" Questioned the teal haired girl. "What's wrong?"

"We came looking for you." Sain added. "We were all worried."

"Oh...I'm sorry, but...I needed to think for a moment."

"Lady Lyndis, what is wrong?" Asked Kent with a look of concern as he saw Lyn staring out to space.

"Uh, Kent." Said the brunette. "I know that look from anywhere. That's the look of love sickness! It seems our Lady is in love."

"Love? But...with who?"

"Beats me! We should ask her."

"We are not permitted to ask such personal questions to a noble!"

"Tell me, Lady Lyndis. Who is the lucky man you are thinking about?"

"Huh?" Lyn let out. "I'm...so embarrassed. Let's just go to the castle! C'mon!"

The Caelin noble mounted on her horse and followed her two faithful friends. As they headed to the castle, Kent couldn't help but to take a look back to see Lyn. Her sapphire eyes only had a look of love and space as she didn't notice where she was going.

This made the red-head wonder about that question Sain had asked. The thought of Lyn in love with someone had stirred in his mind, not to mention had made him a tad jealous for, he too, was infatuated with the noble. That evening at dinner, Lyn had still been thinking of what to do to get Eliwood's attention. She really wanted to leave Caelin and head to Pherae to at least see him again before ascending the throne as Marquess Lyn of Caelin.

Though she smiled and acted excited of her duties to please her grandfather, Lyn actually did not want to, at least not without Eliwood. If I ascend soon, she thought to herself, I will never tell him about my feelings.

"Lyndis?" Interrupted a voice from the table.

"Huh?" Responded the Saccean.

"I asked you about what you did when you were gone?"

"Oh...nothing, Grandpa."

"Nothing? Well it certainly has been something. I mean you've been out of it for a moment. Something is bothering you, now please tell me."

"Well...you see, I...I..."

"You what?"

"If I tell you this, you might be bothered."

"Nothing will ever bother me. Not from you."

"You see...I think...I'm in love."

"In love? Why that's something beautiful. And if you think I will allow the same mistake that happen with your mother, you are wrong. I did that once and the consequences were larger. I will not want to lose you too. Tell me who it is."

"Uh...Lord Eliwood."

"Young Eliwood? Is that bad? I mean, the young man certainly is quite the catch. And ever since he saved all of Elibe, I've grew to respect him."

"You see...I've heard things...about inter-racial relationships. How they are not supported or praised."

"I know...that was the same with me. But I have changed. People change, Lyn and I'm sure they will for you. If anyone that says other wise, I shall smite them with my might!"

"Oh, Grandpa. Thank you."

"No problem, in fact why don't you go to Pherae? It will do you go for a vacation."

"But...what about you?"

"Don't worry about me. You must worry about yourself and your future. Now I want you to go to Pherae and talk to Eliwood about your feelings."

"Thank you! You're the best, Grandpa."

With her Grandfather's kind words in her head and heart, Lyn packed her belongings and set course to Pherae. along with her on her journey were Kent and Sain. Before leaving, the teal haired noble left a letter to Florina when she gets back about her going to see Eliwood. As she rode off, the young noble took one look back at Caelin waving back.

 

 

Most of this chapter was about Lyn's feelings and all, but that's because this story would be more ElixLyn. Heh heh. Like I said their my fav couple of FE. Thank you for your reviews and all. And I like that you all like it so far. Bye! Till next time. Oh one more thing! My B-Day is coming up and I'll be officially 17! I'm excited!