Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction ❯ Snowfall In July ❯ Prologue and Chapters 1 and 2 ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Flame of Recca Fanfiction

** SNOWFALL IN JULY **
By: Natalie
(e-mail: Aria@yada-yada.com or Kirisawa@clowmistress.com)

DISCLAIMER: Flame of Recca doesnt belong to me!

AN: MUSHINESS ALERT This is a very mushy Tokiya x Fuuko fanfic! ^_^ Hope you all like it. Make sure to read and review!

***
PROLOGUE


I tucked a lock of purple hair behind my ear..actually it was more than just a lock of hair. I'd swear that even my own hair was against me! Sticking up in different directions, my now shoulder length hair seemed to defy gravity itself.'see what a plane ride like this does to you?' I sighed and stared at the mirror, trying to will my hair to place and erase the dark circles under my eyes.

'HA!' I snorted. Since when did The Great Kirisawa Fuuko worry about her appearances you say? Since when did she stop being the tomboyish brat? Heh. Things change. People change. I change.

It's nearly been five years since I have seen the other members of the Hokage team. I rarely got any letters because I moved around so much.. and the fact that I had left without a proper goodbye. They didn't understand. After Raiha's death, I just had to go. I didn't care that Recca and the others called me a coward behind my back. But what hurt most was Mikagami's words when I finnaly left: "I always thought you were better than that."

I've heard rumors yes, about how each of them were doing but like always I never believed anything without proof. So maybe somethings never do change. According to my sources, Kagerou and Mr. Hanabishi were now officially husband and wife. Recca and Yanagi the same..would anyone have expected otherwise? Domon was a proffessional wrestler. *That* I believe. I've seen him on tv more times than beer commercials. Kaoru and Ganko were both in school, in highschool and elementary respectively. Hmm.. am I missing someone? Ah..of course, the Iceman of the Hokage, the Big Foot of the Alps..Mikagami. Hmm.. of all the members of the team, it was him that I heared about most--mainly because most of my sources were girls.. haha big surprise. Well, according to them, he was now a movie star, starring in the dramas that I never had the time to watch on tv. Where as most..or rather all of my girlfriends took the time to watch and dissect the drama's star and intricate plot that could rival Mouri Koran's twisted mind (in that order), I was off somewhere looking for odd weather, doing field tests and recording them. I was-- am a meteorologist. Not the kind that gives you the noon time weather report, but the one that chases tornados, squalls and tsunami's around. I live a charmed life...heh lucky am still alive... not like Raiha..

"HEY WHAT'S GOING ON IN THERE??!!" yelled someone.

"I GOT TO PEE!!! I CAN'T HOLD IT ANYMORE!!!!" yelled another person.

*That* snapped me outta my trance-like state. Grinning to myself sheepishly, I fixed my hair one last time and opened the door. I was faced with about a quarter of the plane's passengers trying desperately to "hold it in", glaring at me. I sighed, made an excuse that I was not feeling well and apologized. Normally I would have snapped and yapped at them. Heh I must be getting soft. But hey, It wasn't my fault that they drank too much of the refreshments.

"Good Morning! This is your Captain Speaking. We will be arriving in Tokyo International Airport in about 15 minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts as we begin our descent"

I laughed softly as I heard some muffled groans and outright wails from the bathroom line. I *do* feel sorry for them. Honestly! I hummed softly to myself and fastened my seatbelt. It has been a long time.. too long but I would be home. I vaguely felt my stomach doing flips and chuckled nervously. It couldn't be that bad right? Well there's only one way to find out.

"Welcome home Fuuko" I muttered to myself and prepared for the landing.




CHAPTER 1


"Miss, excuse me Miss...the plane has landed and it's time to get out" Whispered a voice from somewhere beside me. Reflexes kicking in, I automatically lashed out with my arm and hit something.. or rather someone hard. 'Uh oh..' This is *so* just like me. Lash out first, ask questions later.

"I'm very very sorry Miss uh Stewardess!" I apologized hurriedly to the obviously shaken stewardess. Her face had turned a ghostly white and the fake smile that was plastered on her face threatened to break in another instant. 'Geez what a girl.. seems just like Yanagi.. nah, Yanagi is much much stronger than her in other ways of course'

"Ah..no it was my fault for uh startling you..err yes please disembark now or you'll miss the trains.."

She didn't have to tell me twice. I burst out of the plane in a mad dash. Luckily there were no other "incidents" that is until I got my luggage and checked out at the customs agency. I then hurried outside determined to not be late for the last train to the apartment I had rented in advance. In my hurry I did not notice the man standing in front of me until it was too late to stop-- even if I had used my fujin. So.. as expected, I went crashing luggage and all onto a broad chest...a very familiar chest..'Urk.. it cant be'...

"M-Mm-Mikagamiii??????" I shreiked.

The man in front of me looked startled for a moment and then looked down at me. The silvery hair and frigid eyes confirmed my suspicions. However, *he* did not recognize me. 'Dammit how could this happen?! I didn't tell them I'd be coming! How'd they..OH.'

~FLASHBACK~

"Fuu-chan! You're leaving? again? I thought it's your vacation!" gasped Eri. She was also going around in the US looking for wierd weather like me when I met her. She's nice in a Yanagi kind of way. The only differences was that of course she chased tornados, was a self proclaimed Hacking genius and loved to kick butt. She's quite good I'd swear that if she had a madougo with her she'd be unstoppable-- except maybe by me.

"Yes, I'm leaving and I *am* on vacation. I'm going to Tokyo to monitor the weather abnormalities and maybe look up some..friends.."

"Oh. Tokyo.. OH TOKYO! MIKAGAMI-SAMA'S HOME!!!" .. did I forget to mention that's she's a die-hard Mikagami fan?

"Uh ya *that* Tokyo." I deadpanned.

"I have his number you know.." she trailed of suggestively..

"So?! It's not like I can't get there by myself. Besides my priority is the weather not them." I huffed. I hated it when she acts all "Mothery" and stuff.

"Heh Fuu, you're 21 and he's probably just a little older soo.. OH C'MON It's gonna be ROMANTIC! it's THE Mikagami!..besides.. Your friends must miss you terribly. I know I would if you ever run out on me"

"guh. You have no idea how dense that ice block is!" I muttered angrilly totally ignoring her last comments.

"Suit yourself, But I won't be held responsible for my actions Fuu-chan. Besides. *I* Think, *Both* of you are dense."

~END FLASHBACK~

The iceman in front of me was still staring. I looked at him and noticed some more details that I had not at first glance. His Hair was longer, face more chiseled and looking like a marble Adonis-- if that was possible. But his eyes betrayed him. Tiny lines of sadness that shouldn't be there right now were present. I vaguely wondered on what caused them..did I? Nah..he's probably been slumped over his sister Mifuyu's death. His mask of coolness was also as unpenetrable as the first time I met him. Cold. Frigid. Tired of life. 'huh?! Where'd I get that?' I looked down at his hands. There was a big yellow posterboard clenched in a white knuckled grip. 'If anything, I'd say he's afraid.. but why?' The poster had: KIRISAWA FUUKO printed neatly in what I recognized as his hand writing.

"Aww, Mikagami, You really didn't have to!" I giggled at his reaction. He seemed mad. 'Heh boy is he cute when mad!' I shushed the voices in my head and grinned impishly.

"I don't believe I know you. Will you please leave me alone? I am waiting for someone." His voice turned icey. I couldn't stand it anymore... damned Ice popsicle.. As a last resort, I grabbed the poster and held it up beside my face nearly whacking the guy behind me.

"It's *me* Iceman! F-U-U-K-O!" I yelled. Still the guy simply sneered. 'Boy was he dense..'

"I think I'd know the difference between you and..the..tom-tomboy..ish brat..FUUKO?"

I giggled at his reaction as he tried to regain his composure. Mikagami? Rattled? ha! This should be in the books. Chalk one up for Fuuko! I was laughing so hard that I had tears in my eyes. I looked up to the Iceman and grinned.

"Ne, what do you think? am I still a tomboyish brat?"I muttered slyly. Hehe I couldn't resist.

"Hmm.. once a monkey still a monkey I see...well welcome back Fuuko.." He smiled softly and took my bags. We walked out of the airport and got in his car. Mikagami drove on in silence. Honestly, I was expecting the whole Hokage team to be here to welcome me.. I guess they didn't care about old Fuuko-chan here. I sighed softly and looked out the window. I felt like I was being watched so I turned my head in his direction.

"All of us missed you Kirisawa-san." I winced at the formal adress but kept quiet. It was *I* after all who had run out on them.

"They would have been here. However, I thought that it would be easier on you if you--"

"Hai Hai Mikagami-*SAN* I know. This was not my idea anway. My friend-- the girl I worked with was trying to "help" me. Believe me I wouldn't have done this on my own. I would have been in and out of this country in a week. As you probably know, I have a job to do." I sighed inwardly. I didn't mean for the words to come out like that but I was just upset.

"Yes..Your Job." He said as he set his eyes back on the road. I glanced at him one more time and saw the mask firmly back in place. I felt absolute misery. Did I do the right thing? I shouldn't have come back at all. Were they right? was I a coward? Mikagami's words rang through my mind incessantly.

....I always thought you were better than that....

CHAPTER 2


We arrived in my apartment sooner than expected but I was happy to have a warm bed to lie down on rather than the uncomfortable airplane seat I slept on. I looked at my rear and giggled softly. It must have been flattened from all that sitting. Mi-chan.. Mikagami-*san* I corrected myself.. was bringing some of my luggage-- being the gentleman that he was. I fumbled in my bag for the keys. The metal keys jangled noisyly as I took them out glinting under the moonlight. I was about to insert them into the lock when I turned around to face Mikagami. His face had an unreadable look to it, my briefcase still held tightly against him as if he didn't want to let go. I smiled and took the item from his hands. Bowing politely I muttered a good bye and promised to visit. He turned and made his way to his car. If it wasn't for the wind, I would have sworn that I heard him say: don't leave me again. It must have been the long flight. It was causing me to be delusional...

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world. The surroundings that I had barely recognized the night before made me so surprised that my jaw dropped. The room I was in was much much bigger than my old one. There were white curtains adorning the windows, satin sheets covering the beds and a carpet that was so soft I could just sleep in it. 'Ah the luxury of living a dangerous life' Heh.. I usually slept in a cramped motel. Apparently, my boss decided to give me a well deserved break..after all, I was doing all the tornado chasing while he did the math. I went to the bathroom and sighed. It was glorious! heh.. I have this thing about bathrooms..everytime I stop over at a motel, hotel or whatever, I have to look at the bathrooms. It's a weird obsession but hey. It's my obsession. The tub in itself was the focal point of the room. It stood there proudly-- beckoning me to come closer. It was finished with "gold-like" fixtures that showed off the gigantic tub in all it's ceramic glory... It simply screamed: COME TO ME FUUKO!!!

I giggled at my childishness and concentrated at the task on hand: ME. I wanted to visit the others but I simply could not go there right now. I looked butt ugly. Seems like five years of stress finally caught up with me. My hair was a mess and just did not want to cooperate. In the end I settled for my old headband, lipgloss and my ever present Fujin. I put on my vest and trademark short shorts. Skirts were just not for me. Not now, not ever. Finally, I was ready.

I got out the room and pressed the down button for the elevator. It came up quickly and empty. Today must be my lucky day! Heh. 'Now where to?' I shut my eyes for a moment and thought of my game plan.. suddenly remembering that I didn't know where the others were. 'damn.. wait wait.. aha!' I knew where I'd go first. The Hanabishi residence. It was Friday and I'll bet my lucky socks that the gang should be there. I congratulated myself silently and marched out the lobby.

'Hah! Team Hokage here I come!'


To Be Continued...