FLCL Fan Fiction ❯ Friend Or Fooly Foe ❯ Naota's Secret Past ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9

Naota's Secret Past

The times like years months are based on our system

"Speech"

`Thoughts'

[N.O.]{Transmitter}

<Whisper>

(Side Note)

Grunting

Important note

Morning after the attack on Mamimi

It was around 10:25 Naota was working in the kitchen very deep in thought about what had transpired the night before. `I will not believe this guy is my brother. My brother would never attack Mamimi. And those eyes, there are not my brothers. His were kind and gentle, well expect for when he played baseball then there were filled with complete determination.'

Suddenly a voice interrupted his train of thought. " So Takun, have you gotten any word on Sameji?" It was Haruko who had just poked her head out of the doorway. Naota let out a deep sigh and looking out the kitchen window said, "She has a broken arm and must stay on the patrol ship. Commander Amarao believes that if she stays on the planet her attacker might come back to finish the job. Then without warning Haruko hugged Naota from behind (which made Naota grunt) and began to whisper <So does she know who her attacker was yet. > Naota had just then remembered that Haruko did this before back on Earth when she was coaching him at batting.

Flashback:

The back porch of the Nandaba Bakery at sunset

Haruko: "Yeah, yeah that's the right stance. But you have to swing the bat"

Naota: Woph.

Haruko: <Hit it into the sky don't hold back, before he swings the bat a real slugger imagines arc inside his heart arching directly to heaven. >

End Flashback

Getting his head back on track Naota said "Well she knows it's was Medical Mechanica's 2nd in command if that's what you mean." But before Haruko could respond a painful sounding meow could be heard from the living room. "What was that?" Naota said very befuddled. Haruko's head disappeared from the doorway as she ran to the living room. Naota could hear Haruko yelling down the hall "Dia-oki how many times do I have to tell you, the spots on Cam's coat is fur not dirt and stop trying to clean him with that Scotch-brite pad use a washcloth. And quit using the toilet scrubber to brush its fur use this one!" Haruko slammed a door when she came back to the kitchen went straight to the fridge and got a can of her favorite pulpy drink and as she open she said " Damn it, that robot is even more useless then Canti was.

Meanwhile on the patrol ship Amarao was going through GSPB's Database to remove Mamimi from the active duty list. When he tried to exit the program the mouse started acting up and it entered Naota's file:

Name: Nandaba, Naota

Age: 25

Gender: M

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Black

Click here for Inter-galactic Birth Certificate

Amarao decided to go ahead and look at Naota's file while he was in it. So he clicked on the birth certificate link. Then a message appeared "No information on this officer's birth is available. The commander was puzzled `Why is there know info hmm. Maybe the Dept. of Health on his home planet was destroyed.' "Well we'll just need to get a blood sample from him. Kit" Kitsurubami had just finished logging Naota morning report about what happen the night before. "Yes, Commander Amarao." "Get a hold of Officer Nandaba, sometime today" "Yes, sir."

It was about 4:00 now. Naota and Haruko were sitting on the roof of the bakery were talking about the time Haruko was on Earth.

"Hey, Haruko do you remember when me and Mamimi were stuck on top of that robot?" Haruko just looked at him with her old carefree smile and said "Of course I do that was the day after you dad tried to win me over with that Lupin the Third get up. Do you remember what I said to him after that?" Naota had Smirk on his face "Yeah, Had just bashed him through the bedroom window and to the living room window saying Never in a hundred thousand years will you get anything from is a butt full of lead Compadre And you were shotting at him." Naota said laughing. But then he calmed down a bit and continued "Anyway when you fought that thing you were shot by 5 different guns and the only marks you had were just dirt from hitting the ground. And each of those bullets were bigger then you. How did you survive that?" Haruko still had her smile "Well Takun, it is a very rare gift. The gifted Kotomians have a special power inside them that is hard to control. This strentgh is powered by determination and rage. You see very few people can unlock it let alone control it. The reason it is so hard to control is that not many people can gain control of there rage and synchronize it with there determination.

The handful of them that can control it are known as Zaxonds. Legend has it that Atomsk is a Zaxonds but there is one thing that he has that is his vast amount N.O." Haruko then started to get the dreamy eyed look as she continued " the chances that a Kotomian has to be a Zaxond and have that much N.O. almost impossible." "Even though you are from Earth yours powers rivaled that of some Zaxonds Takun" Naota just sat there in amazement at this news. Then they heard Cam meowing from the window. Naota went to see what was up.

[Officer Nandaba]{Kit}

[Yes what is it Kit]{Naota}

[Sometime today you need to come to the Patrol ship.]{Kit}

[Ok I'll be right there]{Naota}

[Meet us in the Meeting room.]{Kit}

[Ok over and out]{Naota}

"Haruko we need to go see Kit and Brow" Naota called. "Ok" Haruko answered. They got on their Vespa's and headed to the ship. As they sped to the ship Haruko yelled to Naota "Hey Takun Can't believe I'm going to say this but thanks to the MM planet's steam we can ride to the ship and not be noticed."

When they got there they saw Mamimi standing next to the hatch with a cast on her arm "so how is it Mamimi?" asked Naota. Mamimi just had her signature depressed look on her face "Well luckily I will be able to use in about 6 months." They started walking towards the meeting room "Ah there you are office Nandaba." Amarao was stand outside of the meeting room "Come in please" "so what is this about am I getting promoted." Naota said sarcastically. "No we just need you to take a blood test to your birth place because when I went through the database your birth certificate was not showing up so using your blood might help use find it for the records." Amarao said. "So we have this Universal DNA recognizer with here." "Okay?" Naota answer. "Okay here go" Kit said placing the strip Naota's arm (it operates similar to blood sugar machines) The screen said Searching…. File found. Everyone was stuned with what they saw.

Name Tirala, Naota

Age: 25

Gender: M

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Black

About 24 years and 9 months ago this person has been missing from the planet of Kotoma

Family:

Father Tirala, Gasku

Age:43

Born: March 19 1950

Died: September 3 1993

Mother Tirala, Mihu

Age: 35

Born: February 23 1957

Died: July 5 1992

No siblings

Every one just sat there shocked. Naota didn't know what to think, the idea that he and Haruko were from the same planet was Ridiculous. `But she said that my powers rivaled that of some Zaxonds.' "It must be a Mistake because Ta..." Mamimi chimed in. But Amarao interrupted her "Miss Samejima our blood tester's accuracy is 99.999%"

Haruko looked at the bio "I remember hearing about that Tirala kid. They never found the body or any leads to find him." Haruko said recalling the report in the Kotoma Files. "Oi, Takun you Okay."

Naota's head was filled with a mix of emotions swirling around in his thoughts. But he finally got the strength to ask the three main questions that took up most of his thoughts. "But what about my family back on earth? What about that time you questioned me at my home the night that satellite nearly destroyed Mabase You had papers on my Grandpa, My father, and me. Has My life just been a lie?" By this time Naota was in tears.

Haruko remembered Naota crying like this but only once. The night before Atomsk emerged from his head:

FLASHBACK

Naota: Why are you being so nice?

Haruko: Come on Takun you're still a kid ya know.

`Takun got all teary eyed and said'

Naota: Where did you go, You left without saying anything.

End Flashback

Amarao just answered "Well I can't remember ever seeing you before this assignment started. Kit and me somehow lost part of our memories about thirteen years ago. So I Can't help you there." Haruko decided to step in "Hey eyebrows how the hell did Takun become part of the space police without a blood test?" There was no answer. Naota wiped the tears from his eyes and said "So does that mean Nandaba Tasku is not my brother?" "Well," Amarao began, "you knew him from before you were a year old so you could consider him a brother. But, if you mean genes the answer would be no." Naota actually smiled at this news. "Haruko that guy has nothing against me" Mamimi had a familiar look on her face that she used when Haruko hit Naota for the first time. "Haruson what is Takun talking about."

Naota had a half menacing half determined look to his face. "Because Mamimi the guy who attacked you claimed to be Tasku. But don't even think on this. That guy might have looked like him." Naota now was talking with growl "But those eyes gave him away. They were cold no feeling came from them." Now his face was more psychotic than Haruko's ever was. " And THAT *^&$% acted as though he enjoyed hurting you. But that I know for a fact he is not my brother. He scared me like I was a rodent. But, that's how life is sometimes you're the cat sometimes the mouse right Haruko." Haruko nodded "Well now he is the mouse and I will take him down when pops his Damn hole."

End Chapter 9

Next episode

Haruko: I'M SORRY PEOPLE, TAKUN HAS DRIFTED OFF COURSE FROM THE FUNNY STUFF.

NAOTA: Hey What Did I Do

Haruko: Not You The Author

Takun: Hey I'm Trying To Do The Best I Can

Mamimi: I Don't Think Me Getting A Broken Arm Is FLCL Stuff.

Takun: Okay I'll try

Everyone:

NEXT ON FLCL Chapter 10

Haruko's Birthday

Takun: I will be aiming for 75% comedy this chapter