FLCL Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Vespa ❯ Letting Her In ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Text liketh this indicateth Sir Naota's thought-ths...

It's been one year since I've heard or seen Haruko... and now this girl, Tane, enters my life. But... but I don't want anyone to replace Haruko, so I won't let her. No one can take her place!

___


"So, Tane..." Gaku slicked his hair back, attempting to be suave, "I've seen you around, on your Vespa. Are you in need of a place to stay?"
"Uh.. no." Tane shook her head, causing the peculiar choker on her neck to shake, "I found work and board earlier this morning."
"Oh." His hair spiked up and went limp, "Where?"
"Nandaba Bakery."
"What!?", cried Naota, a painful sting going up his back, "No! No! You can't stay there!"
"What's with you, Naota?" Ninamori asked as the last bell rang. She, Naota, Gaku, Masashi, and a straggling scooter-bound Tane all walked to Naota's bakery/home. They argued most of the way, making it hard for Tane to interject for something less verbally abusive.
"Ah-"
"You should really get over that Vespa girlfriend of yours!"
"We-"
"She wasn't my girlfriend!"
"You know-"
"But you're so pricky about it!"
"I am not!"
"Eh-"
"PRICK!"
"Shut up!"
"Ha-"
"You need to really give up this tough guy facade and let someone in to fill that hole you've been parading around with since she left!"
"Well, you know what?!" tears began to roll down Naota's face "Maybe I don't want anyone to take Haruko's place! Maybe I don't want to forget her! Maybe I don't want her moving in with me!" He pointed angrily in Tane's direction. Tane backed up and nearly fell over her azure Vespa. Naota glared at all of them and turned to go inside. The others reassured Tane that Naota would calm down after while. She thanked them and followed Naota in.
___
"Ah! HaruHara Tane! Can you cook?"
"Hai, Nandaba-san."
"Do you FLCL?"
"Iie, Nandaba-sensei."
"Do you mind sharing a room with Naota?"
"Iie, Nandaba-san."
"Do you plan to FLCL anytime soon?"
"Iie, Nandaba-sensei."
Naota listened to Tane interview and it was all going smoothly. Too smoothly. He was going to be stuck with this little bug for who knows how long.
Grr, Haruko-san, please comeback! Send your sister home! I want you back!
Before Naota could have any objection, there was loud crash from his room. He raced up there to find his room partially damaged, the window to the balcony was shattered and a letter was delicately placed on his desk. He picked it up and turned it over to find the kanji for FLCL on it. Naota's heart jumped into his throat as he opened it and read the letter, his happiness diminishing as he read it.

Dear Takkun,

Hey, long time no strike. XD. NEwayz, I heard that my baby sister is in planet and I wanted to make sure that you take good care of her because it's been a while since I've seen her and since I'm still hunting the universe for you-know-who, I can't be there to watch her. Tane's a good girl, please try not to hurt her feelings too badly. OKAY?

FLCL,
HaruHara Haruko

"Naota-san?" Tane peeked in from the crack in Naota's door.
"What?"
"May I come in?"
"...", she came in looked down at the glass on the floor, "Are you hurt?"
"No."
She walked over to him and examined his arms, sighing contently. He glared down at her and she returned it with a blank look.
"Why are you here anyways?" he continued.
"Well, I'm going to all the planet's my sister has been on to study her behavioral patterns."
"..."
"Our parents don't want me to grow up acting like her. Chasing after aliens and causing things to burst from people's head."
Then, as if by reflex, Naota reached up and touched his forehead. He quickly put his hand down and pushed Tane out of his room, claiming that he was getting ready for bed and that she should take a bath or something. Tane hastily made her way to the bathrom, where she disrobed and showered.
'Naota, what has befallen you in the path of my sister?' She wondered, watching the soap bubble float away and pop on the walls 'What has befallen this entire city?'
If she's nothing like her sister... then, it'd be safe for me to let her in... right?
___


Iris: *twitches* Gah! I know, I know, Tane is a complete Mary-Sue these first few chapters, but that's because she's the opposite of her sister. Where Haruko's zany and rude, Tane is logical and polite. Yeah, ish annoying. Tane doesn't want to be like Haruko, but as she gets to know Naota and everyone else in Mabase she'll change. I promise. But until then bare with the Mary-Sueness okay? Thank you.