Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ 1 Year ❯ Explaining Things ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
“Um…. Well uh Kyo why did you turn into a cat.” Kyo stopped mid walk and turned to look back at Audie. His bangs where covering his eyes so Audie couldn't see his face. “Kyo…?” She asked timidly.
 
His head suddenly snapped up to look at her. He grabbed her wrist in a firm but soft grip and started dragging her down the path, back to the house.
“Kyo what's wrong?” She asked. He didn't seem to be listening to her. This was making Audie really frustrated. She stopped walking. Kyo not realizing she had stopped was still pulling her arm.
 
When he finally realized that she wasn't moving which meant he wasn't moving he turned around to look at her. “COME ON WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE HOUSE.” He yelled at her but she firmly stood her ground.
 
“Why? What's going on Kyo?” he turned away from her. “I can't tell you yet. Wait until we get to the house.” Audie was still confused about all the resent happenings but compiled with Kyo's plea and walked back with him to the house.
 
Kyo kept glancing at Audie out of the side of his eye. `What am I going to do? She's not dumb enough to believe the your dreaming speech. But I can't have Hatori erase her memories. WHY? SHE'S JUST A GIRL.'
 
Audie was getting worried. She'd being trying to talk to Kyo for the past two minutes and he was just staring off into the distance like he was in a trance or something. “Kyo?.......Kyo?”
 
“Uggggghhh I give up.” Audie wretched her wrist out of Kyo's grip and started walking ahead of him down the path.
 
Kyo shook his head and turned to look at Audie. But when he looked at his side where she was suppose to be he saw she wasn't there `What?' he looked around and saw her far down the path in front of him.
 
“AUDIE WAIT UP DAMNIT!” Audie turned to look at Kyo but kept walking. “I'll only wait if you tell me why the hell you turned into a cat back there.”
 
“I CAN'T TELL YOU.” Audie turned her head back around “Fine then I'm not waiting.” She said while picking up the pace. `Men to stubborn for there own good.'
 
`Women to stubborn for there own good.' “FINE I'LL TELL YOU IF YOU STOP RIGHT NOW.” He waited to see if she would turn around.
 
`Men always the first to crack' Audie turned to look at Kyo. “I've stopped; now get up here before I change my mind.” Kyo ran up to Audie while she stood there taping her foot impatiently.
 
“W-Well…….you see……where……” this was taking to long. “You're what?” Audie asked “wherecursedwiththevengefulspiritsofthechinesezodiacandwhenwherehugge dbysomeoneoftheoppositegenderorifwhereundertomuchpressurewechangeintothezod iacsignwearecursedwith.” Kyo stopped still out of breath from running all that way to look at Audie.
 
`WHAT?' was all that was running thru her head right now. Her head was down so Kyo couldn't see her eyes.
 
“WHAT?” Kyo winced at the volume of her scream “YOUR POSSES…..”Kyo clamped his hand over Audie's mouth before she could say more. “Shhhhh…. You can't tell anyone you have to promise me Audie that you won't tell anyone that you know. You weren't even supposed to know.”
 
“If I take my hand off your mouth will you not scream or say anything about `it'?” Audie nodded her head. When Kyo took his hand off Audie's mouth she just looked at him.
 
“So you're the cat?” Kyo blushed and looked away “Yeah so what's it to ya.” Audie shrugged. “Shouldn't we be getting back to the house?”
 
`Oh crap, How I'm I going to explain this to them.' “hn.” Was all he said. “Good I can't wait to find out what Yuki and Shigure's zodiac signs are.” Audie said with a giggle and raced off down the path to the house.
 
~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~@~
 
“YUKI, SHIGURE WHERE ARE YOU.” Audie yelled as she opened the door to the house. Yuki poked his head out of the kitchen “I'm in here Audie. Is there something you need?” Audie smiled and walked up to Yuki.
 
“Yuki what's your zodiac animal?” Yuki was confused was she talking about the curse. Audie saw the confused look on his face and realized what was running thru his head. “And yes I'm talking about the curse.”
 
Yuki stopped breath when she said that, Shigure had just walked into the kitchen when she said that and stopped dead in his tracks. “H-How d-d-do yo-you know about t-the c-curse?”
 
Kyo pushed past Shigure who was still standing in the door way “She tripped on a rock and landed on me that's how.” Audie looked at Kyo. “Thank you Kyo I could have told them myself.” Kyo grunted and went to the fridge and grabbed the milk.
Audie turned to look back at Yuki. “So what's your animal?” Yuki looked down at her “Rat and Shigure's the dog.” Shigure just getting out of his trance looked at Audie with pity and sadness in his eyes.
 
“I have to go call Akito.” Yuki looked up at Shigure and Kyo put down his milk. “Do you have to?” Audie was confused who was this Akito person and what did he have to do with her.
 
“Who's Akito.” She asked. Kyo looked at Audie “He's a bastered. He's the leader of the Sohma house hold he tells who can stay and who gets there memories erased.”
 
Audie's eyes widened “What? He's going to erase my memories?” Kyo sighed “Yeah if he thinks you can't keep the secret.”
 
“But I can keep the secret.” Yuki looked back down at Audie for the first time since Shigure said Akito's name. “We know you can Audie but Akito might now think so.”
 
`I don't want to have my memories erased.' Audie put her head down `I'll prove to this Akito person that I can keep this secret even if it kills me.'