Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ 1 Year ❯ Happy Birthday ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Purple_Pixie- Hey everyone! Sorry it took me so long to update this, my brain went on what I would call a very looooooooooonnnnnnnggggggg vacation and didn't want to come back. I've also been kind of depressed lately but hunnybunny16 has been helping me. She made me want to write the next chapter for this story, so thanks hunnybunny16 me love ye! Anyways this is where the drama unfolds please enjoy!
 
 
 
Disclaimer- Thank you hunnybunny16 for reminding me to put one of these in here, anyways I own diddly squat, so if you sue, you have so MAJOR issues.
 
 
 
 
 
Today's the day. What day is it you ask? Well it's Audie's birthday! Shouldn't this be one of the happiest days of her life? No not her birthday. Audie dreaded her birthday with ever ounce of her being. Hopefully since she is in Japan, she won't be getting the dreaded birthday present she has gotten ever since the accident.
 
Walking down the stairs, Audie looks at Shigure and Yuki who are sitting in the living room. In the kitchen Kyo is drinking some milk, typical. Silently stalking over to the fridge Audie shoves Kyo out of the way, opening up the fridge.
 
Kyo nearly trips and falls, almost making the milk cartoon slip from his hand. He looks at Audie with a surprised expression; she's never acted this way before. Standing up right again he adjust himself so he's leaning comfortably against the counter.
 
“What crawled up your ass and died?” he questions, Audie doesn't turn to look at him but just glares at him through the corner of her eye.
 
“Nothing.” She goes back to looking for something to eat, even though she's in no mood to eat anything.
 
“Hey Audie isn't today your birthday?” Audie slowly close her eyes, resting her forehead on the refrigerator. `How the hell did he remember?' she starts banging her head against the refrigerator.
 
“Shigure how did you know that?” she hears Kyo question, why did Shigure have to remember? Why why why why?
 
“I remember seeing it on the sheet Tohru gave us. Is today your birthday Audie?” slowly peeling her forehead off of the refrigerator she turns towards Shigure giving him a blank stare.
 
“Yes today is my birthday.”
 
“Well why didn't you say anything?” Kyo questions, she turns to look at him, not really in the mood to do much today. This is the second worst day of the year.
 
“Because today is the second worst day of the year.” Closing the fridge Audie turns to look at the two guys standing there gapping at her words.
 
“School will start soon; even if it is my birthday I doubt they'll stop it for me. So let's get going.” She sighs running a hand through her hair, just wanting to forget that today was her birthday.
 
“Your right you guys shou-” cut off in mid sentence by a knock on the door, everyone turns to look at the door. Yuki being the kind person he is decides to answer it not gap at it like the rest.
 
Walking to the door he opens it and is about to say hello when he notices that no one if there. Looking around he spots a package by the door. Kneeling down he picks it up.
 
 
To-Audie
 
It says in neat cursive hand writing. Shutting the door Yuki stares at the package as he walks it into the kitchen. Looking up he smiles at Audie, stretching the package out to her.
 
“Here it's for you Audie.” When she sees the package in Yuki's hands her eyes widen. Not wanting to show her fear she slowly reaches her hand out grabbing the box from Yuki. Looking down at the top she sees the ever so familiar writing.
 
With trembling hands she slowly opens the box. The first thing she sees is red tissue paper, like the last time. Opening it up, she sees pictures. Pictures of the house, pictures of her, pictures of them, picture after picture after picture, all so many pictures.
 
The last picture is the picture that haunts her mind. It's them, there fallen bodies like war solders, there blood spewed across the room like paint. There glazed looks still holding the fear.
 
Tears are now falling down Audie's cheeks, she can't feel them, and she can't really feel anything. All she can see is the look, the look of her parents staring back at her, dead. Moving the last picture away she sees the all too familiar note. She stares at the words that she'll never forget.
 
 
With All My Love
 
 
Audie drops the note. The note written in perfect cursive, the note on perfect paper, folded the perfect way, written in blood. Snatching the pictures and the note she pushes past Shigure, running up the stairs.
 
Running to her room, the sound of the others following. Probably wondering what was in the package. What was wrong with her? Why was she being so emotional? But she kept running. She ran into her room, shutting the door tightly.
 
Her back to the door she slides down the door, staring at the note of blood. Staring at her parent's happy faces, then dead bodies. Just staring the silent tears running down her face. How did they find her? How did they know she was here?
 
They bang on the door, Kyo then Shigure then Yuki. They keep banging and banging trying to get her to open the door. She doesn't hear their words, she doesn't hear the banging she doesn't hear anything. All she hears is the sound of herself screaming inside her head, just screaming away.
 
Suddenly she hears a girl scream. She looks around, trying to find the source of the screaming. What's going on? Why is this happening? Who is that person? Question after question runs through her head.
 
The screaming stops, looking around she realizes that it was her own screams. Her screams of terror, her screams of knowing that they have found her, her screams of pain.
 
She can't hear the banging now, getting more and more frantic. The yelling, the banging, her screaming, makes this seem like a bad part of a movie, that just won't go away. Grabbing the package she crawls over to her bed.
 
Dragging herself up into the bed she cuddles under the blankets, holding the package against her body. As her tears soak the pillow bellow. She feels her eyes start to close, this happens every year, every fucking year.
 
Her eyes close resting gently against her face, as more tears pour out of her eyes. Her brain shuts down, coming to a rest. As her whole world comes crashing down for the hundredth time, since she's seen those pictures.
 
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 
They had watched tears fall from her eyes. They watched as she became scared out of her mind, yet they didn't know what was wrong. Maybe the tears were tears of happiness they thought; maybe she's shaking from joy.
 
But when she bulldozed past Shigure, running like her life depended on it up the stairs. They knew those were no tears of happiness or shakes of joy. But tears of sadness, shakes of fear. Not even caring about the others, they rushed up the stairs after her.
 
They had reached her door but found it wouldn't open. Banging against it they yelled out her name, trying to get her to open the door. Banging and banging they kept yelling and yelling, still not getting a response from her.
 
Stopping when the sound of screaming is heard from her room. All of there eyes widen, as they just stand there listening to the pain filled scream, the scream of utter fear and terror as it rip its way from the deepest darkest pits of her stomach, fueled by the pain of her mind.
 
When the screams die away, they resume banging on the door. This time more frantic more worried. Something was wrong, and they didn't know what. They continued to yell, and scream, bang and punch, but nothing brought them into the room.
 
Shigure and Yuki stopping, giving up thinking they won't be able to get her to open the door. They cast there eyes down knowing they won't be able to help her. But Kyo keeps banging his fists on your door, still yelling her name.
 
Something is wrong and he knows it. Shigure and Yuki have long left, but Kyo won't leave her door. He continues to bang and pound the door until his fists are red. His voice becoming hoarse from yelling at her.
 
He hears a crack, and the door finally opens. Busting in, he spots Audie curled up under the covers of her bed. No sound is coming from her. Rushing to her side Kyo sees that her chest is slowly rising up and down, and her eyes are closed.
 
The pillow underneath her head is soaked from the tears, that still every once in a while spill from her eyes. As her memories of that night replay themselves over and over again in her mind.
 
Kyo spots the package in Audie's hands. The note clasped firmly in her hand. Not wanting to wake her, he slowly bends down to get a better view of the note. Looking at it he stares at it. Is that blood? What does that mean? And why would Audie get something like that?
 
He watches as she stirs in her sleep. Standing back up he watches as her eyes slowly open. Looking around her eyes widen and she realizes what has happened. She looks up at Kyo, her eyes filled with fear as her grip on the note tightens.
 
“Audie what's going on?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
-So how was that for drama? In the next chapter you'll find out what is really going on, and why this is happening. I love cliffys, I hate it when authors do it but I have to for this to build up the suspense. And it'll give me more chapters to write and you to read so I know you'll like that. Anyways thanks again to hunnybunny16 me thanks you darling!