Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ 1 Year ❯ Story Teller ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Uh" Is the only thing that she could say. The only thing that her brain was able to process and say "Yes Audie say that!" But what are you suppose to say to someone who you just stormed out on crying and screaming? You say "uh" that's what.

Kyo on the other hand wasn't really helping the situation. He just stood there staring down at her with his intense fiery red eyes. His hands rested on his hips and his foot tapped impatiently as he waited. You'd think he'd have more patience with what just happened but Kyo changes for nothing.

Looking down at the paper she held firmly in her hand then to the photos still in the box she shook her head. Throwing the blankets off of her she scrambled out of her bed and made a mad dash for the door. She couldn't tell him or any of them what this was about, what had happened to her and why she was running. Why she'll always be running.

At first Kyo really didn't fully comprehend what was going on. First, she just stares then she bolts up and runs. His body wasn't responding as quickly as his mind was. His mind screaming "GET HER!!" but his body was stuck.

"Hold it!" Kyo yelled out before his body finally reacted and he made an attempt to catch up to her. She made it through the door but he grabbed her arm just in time before she ran down the hall.

"Let me go Kyo!" she yelled as she struggled to get her arm free from his grasp.

"No. I'm not letting you go anywhere till you tell me what the hell is going on!"

Still struggling, Audie could feel her eyes become wet with the threat of oncoming tears. She clutched the note and the pictures firmly in her hands as she struggled, pulled, and tugged against her captor. She had to get away from this house.

"I can't!"

"YOU CAN! I'LL UNDERSTAND!!" Kyo's once semi-calm demeanor snapped like a twig in the wind. It came falling to the ground and the moment it hit Audie's branch snapped as well.

"NO YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND! NO ONE CAN AND NO ONE WILL EVER UNDERSTAND WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE YOUR PARENTS KILLED BECAUSE OF YOU. TO HAVE THEIR KILLER STALK YOU SINCE IT HAPPENED. SENDING YOU PICTURES OF THE CRIME, SENDING YOU PIECES FROM THE CRIME, SENDING YOU LITTLE NOTES WRITTEN IN BLOOD!!! NOBODY CAN UNDERSTAND! NOBODY!"

As her rant came to a stop the house became deathly silent. An awkward silence that if you cut it with a knife it could kill. Audie's chest was heaving as she glared at Kyo, tears had broke through and were cascading down her cheeks.

"Audie I-"

"NO! Don't even start with the pitying. I've had enough of that."

She took a shaking breath before closing her eyes. She shook her head in an attempt to brush the tears off of her face but it was futile. She sighed again before reopening her eyes. Staring into Kyo's eyes she could read the shock, confusion, surprise, and sadness as they danced in his fiery red orbs.

She threw the box of photos and the blood written note into Kyo's arms before ripping her arm out of his grasp. As soon as her arms were free she brushed the tears from her face and her eyes. Not even looking at Kyo she spoke again.

"If you want to see what I get on my birthday and the anniversary of their death every year since it happened then be my guest. But I doubt you'll like what you see."

Shaking her head she turned away from Kyo and walked down the hall way. Shigure and Yuki had come to the top of the stairs looking confused as ever. Audie only brushed past them and down the stairs. Shigure and Yuki watched as Audie disappeared out the door before turning to Kyo.

"What'd you do this time Cat?"

"SHUT THE HELL UP!"

"Are you going to make me?"


"DO YOU WANT TO TRY ME!?"

"I could take you any day, any time, any where."

"I DARE YA RAT!"

"ENOUGH!!!!"

Shigure boomed at the two boys. He glared at the both of them for their childish ways before
shaking his head. Both Yuki and Kyo glared at each other before their heads bowed down,
embarrassed for their stupid fight.

"Now Kyo, what happened?"

"She wouldn't tell me what happened and what it was that she got when I asked so
she ran. I caught her but then she started yelling saying that nobody would ever understand
what it was like to have their parents murdered because of them or to have their murderer
stalk her. Sending her tokens from the murder, she then threw these at me and stormed
out"

Kyo said recounting the whole incident. He looked from the photos in his hand to Shigure.
Before walking over to him and shoving them into his chest.

"Here"

With that he walked down the stairs and out the door. He didn't want to look at them.
He didn't want to see what seemed to haunt Audie. He wanted to hear from her mouth what
happened and what her view on it was. The pictures were in the view of the killer not in
that of one of his living victims.

With that thought he slammed the door to the house, determined to find Audie.

~#~*~#~*~#~*~#~*~#~*~#~*~#~*~#~*~#~*~#~*~#~*~#~*~#~*~#~*~#~ *~#~*~#~*~

"Oh my"

Shigure and Yuki had taken the box and the note into the kitchen.
They both sat down and spilled the contents of the box out over the table.
They started sorting through each and every picture, stopping on some, and staring
shocked at others.

"Look at this one"

Yuki said holding up a photo. It was that of what looked like a white wall
in a room. The bodies of two adults laid strewn on the bottom half of the picture.
Their eyes were glazed over with that of death but the last emotion they felt still
lingered in them, fear. And on the white wall was the same saying that was on the note.

"With All My Love"

Written in what looked like blood. Droplets could be seen in the picture
making their way down the wall and onto the floor. Both Shigure and Yuki's
eyes stayed trained on the photo. Looking at the room, which looked torn apart,
the bodies that looked ripped to shreds, and the writing which ran but was still in
neat cursive.

Whatever the meaning of the photos and the note was, it was lost to Shigure and Yuki.
The only one that could explain was either the killer or Audie. And really, would you
want to talk to someone this sick? So Audie was their only story teller.