Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ 20000 Seconds ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Ok, so this is my first attempt at writing Furuba Fan Fiction. And to be perfectly honest, I'm scared to death that it's horrible, so although this is somewhat short, I think I'm just going to post this and see what kind of response I get, and that will decide whether or not I'm going to post the rest. So please, if you `re going to review, Be Gentle!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket or any of its characters. If you try to sue me you'll get $20 bucks and a ferret. Really, is it worth it?!
 
*********************************************************** *************
 
 
*knock knock*
 
“Hey, anyone home in there?” Tohru Honda said, peeking her head through the door in front of her. Her eyes fell on the boy, who had fallen asleep at his desk, his pale face hidden in his math book. His silver hair glinted in the lamplight, and as she crept over to him, he mumbled in his sleep. She was gently sweeping his bangs back from his face when he stirred.
 
“Mom?”
 
“Hi there, sleepyhead. It's late, why aren't you in bed yet?” Her eyes watched as he slowly raised his face to look at hers, his blue eyes blinking sleep out of them.
 
“I was waiting for you. Aunt Kagura stopped by earlier and we had dinner. I got an A on my spelling test. And I wanted to be the first one to tell you Happy Birthday. So, Happy Birthday!”
 
“Thank you sweetie. But you should still be in bed. It's past midnight. I'm sorry I wasn't home earlier.”
 
“It's ok. I understand about you having to work late when you do. I just miss you.”
 
“I know, I miss you too. C'mon, let's get you ready for bed.”
 
She helped him get into his pajamas, taking note at how the sleeves were quickly becoming too short for his arms. Kami, he was growing so quickly. At 10, he was rapidly losing his baby fat and growing into the lean form that reminded her so much of his father. She quickly shook her head to rid herself of where her thoughts were going. She helped pull the covers up over him, and leaned over to kiss his forehead.
 
“Good night mom.” His eyes were already started to drift shut as she gently started to sweep his hair out of his eyes again.
 
“Good night Alex. I love you.”