Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ A Caged Heart ❯ Sing-a-long ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note:
 
Nope, Fruits Basket is still not mine...
 
Tell me if anyone recognises the song...
Plus- many people have commented (on previous websites) on the shortness of my chapters. I'm sorry. That's just how I write.


Sing-a-long:
 
“Well that went well.” Kyo said to himself as he lay on the roof a few minutes later. “She probably thinks I'm some sorta nutcase now...”
 
He sighed.
 
“Hell, I had to go and make things worse than they already are. Stupid Shigure.”
 
In his misery, Kyo failed to notice a pair of dark, black ears prick up. The ears happened to be at the exact position where any animal's ears would be on a head, provided that head belonged to a person at the top of a ladder leaning against the roof, trying rather unsuccessfully to remain unseen.
 
“But how the hell can I be expected to do anything with him around? And that damned, stupid, bastard of a rat!” Kyo's hand tightened into a fist. “I can see the way Tohru looks at him, when he grins that girly grin of his... And she just smiles right back...”
 
Kyo drifted away for a minute, remembering all the times Tohru had smiled at him... All the times she had laughed... All the times she was happy... Always smiling... His anger slowly drained away, and his fist slowly loosened...
 
A bird shrieked as it flew across the blue, snapping him back into reality.
 
“I always knew that it would be hard to get where you want to get in life - especially when you're cursed - but hell...” He gazed at the clouds, his eyes hidden behind his hair. “I guess all the roads we have to walk are winding... and all the lights that lead us there are blinding...”
 
Kyo sighed, once again failing to notice the pair of ears, which suddenly began twitching uncontrollably.
 
“And there's so many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how... Because maybe,” Kyo's voice dropped to a whisper. “You're gonna be the one that saves me...” he smiled. “And, after all -”
 
“You're my wonderwall!” Shigure jumped onto the roof as he burst into song, unable to keep silent for one second longer.
 
Kyo snapped his head around.
 
“I said a-maybeeee!!!” sang Shigure, a pretend microphone in one hand. “You're gonna be the one that saves meeeee!!! 'Cause -”
 
“Shut the hell up!” shouted Kyo, standing up. Shigure started laughing hysterically. “It's not funny!”
 
“Actually, it is...” laughed Shigure, recovering only slightly from his laughing-fit. He looked up to see Kyo towering over him menacingly. “I mean, not at all! Not at all!” he squeaked.
 
“Why are you even here?”demanded Kyo.
 
“Why, Tohru sent me to call you to dinner.”
 
“Well why didn't she just come up here herself instead sending you?” he shouted furiously.
 
Shigure was shocked.
 
“You want me to force our poor, sweet flower to labour herself with such nuisances as fetching a troublesome lad as you?”
 
He feigned a wail, the back of his hand raised to his forehead.
 
“Toiling all day over a hot stove, just to make delicious meals for us - the perfect housewife, I might add - then it's off to school again where she works and works, among other lovely high school girls such as herself -”
 
“Wash your mouth out, you bastard!”
 
“Yes, very charming, aren't you? No wonder Tohru would prefer that - what did you call Yuki? Oh, I doubt that I could bear to even utter such vulgar language.”
 
“Shut up, goddamnit!” shouted Kyo, grabbing Shigure's neck.
 
“One can only wonder if you're this 'grabby' with Tohru!” commented Shigure slyly.
 
“That does it!”
 
*********************************
 
By the time Tohru was worried enough to check the rooftop herself, which wasn't that long, Kyo was thoroughly shaking and strangling Shigure, who was gurgling and waving limbs around wildly.
 
“Umm... Kyo? Shigure? I hope I'm not interrupting anything...” said Tohru, an anxious look on her face.
 
Kyo froze. Shigure grinned.
 
“No, not at all! Kyo and I were simply... debating a few matters, isn't that right, Kyo?”
 
“Yeah, sure. Whatever.” Kyo loosened his grip.
 
“Alright - well, I just wanted to tell you that dinner was ready - I mean it's a bit burnt, but it still tastes ok - so, just come on down before it gets cold!” Tohru smiled, then headed back down the ladder.
 
“Well, personally, I think we should do what she says. I am feeling rather peckish myself.” said Shigure, turning to Kyo.
 
Kyo, however, was still reliving the moment of Tohru's beautiful smile...
 
Shigure, taking it all in, was slowly easing his neck out of Kyo vice-like hands. He could have easily slipped away and escaped another beating, but he just couldn't afford not to mock Kyo at this priceless moment.
 
“After aaaaaaaaaallll! You're my wonderwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall!!!”
 
“Goddamnit!”