Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ And As She Grows ❯ Year Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AND AS SHE GROWS
A Fruits Basket Series of Drabbles

Written by Miyu, Vampire Princess


AUTHOR'S NOTE: This series follows my story, "Her Tears." You don't need to read it to understand this, but I strongly encourage it. =o) Each chapter is a 200 word drabble dedicated to the life of Kyo's daughter as she grows up. Kyo/Tohru centric. Told from Kyo's point of view. Possible SPOILERS for those not familiar with the end of the manga.

DISCLAIMER: Fruits Basket is the property of Natsuki Takaya/HAKUSENSHA - TV TOKYO - NAS - Fruba Project and licensed by FUNimation Productions (anime) and Tokyopop (manga) for distribution in the US and Canada. Characters are used here without permission. No money is being made from this story, so please do not sue.


YEAR SIX


"Have a great day, honey. *kiss* Don't forget your lunch."

"Thanks, mom."

And off she goes. Dressed in a crisp, white blouse and little gray skirt. Her backpack is nearly as big as she is, and will probably weigh twice as much by the end of the day. Her white socks stop just below her knees, nearly engulfing her legs. Her black shoes are polished, gleaming in the morning sun.

Tohru's on the verge of tears as Kyoko wonders away with several of her fellow classmates. I am too.

Our little girl's leaving us for her first day of school.

She'll only be a few blocks away, safely tucked away behind cement walls and big windows. But I know Tohru will be lonely; waiting anxiously for her return.

I kiss her temple as reassurance. I'm nervous, too. Will she make friends? Will she like her teachers? How well will she do in her studies? She's got a rough history between the two of us. And heaven forbid she gets in a fight!

At the corner, she turns around and waves.

"Love you!"

All we can do is smile and wave.

We love you, too, sweetie. It'll be okay.

Good luck.

--

Continued...