Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Between the Sohmas or Life as Someone Else ❯ Even Angels Fall ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I really don't own Fruits Basket. Honestly. I never lie. And besides, if I owned it, there would be a lot more insane people there. You wouldn't want that now would ya? Would ya!? WOULD YA!?

Summary: The Honda siblings have lost both of their parents at a young age. Their mother dressed them up as boys since their birth, and the only one who knew of the true identities of Tohru Honda, and Akai Honda, was their midwife- Akiko Sohma. The two have made a living in their tavern, The Hot Onigiri, but they've also had harder times than most, leaving one an optimist, the other a pessimist. Did I also mention they have unusual powers? It's really hard to keep that under control, and maintain the image of a boy!

Enter the Sohma Clan. They practically rule the town they live in, being the richest and most vicious extensive family. But now, the head of their family, Akito, lies dying from the same disease that killed his father. His brother- Hatori- will do anything to stop his beloved brothers untimely death. Even if it means revealing their curse, and kidnapping the Honda Brothers, who were rumored to have strange powers. But one that he heard was he elder- Tohru- had powers that could heal, and the younger was her protector spewing fires of earth from her body.

When these two clans collide, what will happen?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Five:

Even Angels Fall

Exausted from using her psychic powers, Tohru watched her sister sleep the deep, rejuvenating sleep. Akai's eyes were closed, her lashes of fire stained her sun kissed cheeks, as her lips formed an O. Her breathing left her chest falling gently up and down, and her body was motionless.

She appeared dead to anyone who didn't know what her powers did to her, and to someone who hadn't experienced the feeling of literally running on empty. Tohru smiled. Her sister forgot how to sleep, the deep healing sleep that they had to in order to regain their energy.

Tohru got up, and began to walk here and there. She touched things in the room, and walked over to the closet where an entire wardrobe for she and her sister hung on hangers. Tohru took a more simpler dress, one that was light blue with short sleeves and a scoop neck bodice, the skirt fell to her knees. She placed her hair up in a half up style, placing the matching bow in her hair and smiled at her reflection. She placed on white shoes over white socks, and left her room, quietly closing the door.

As she walked out of the room into her hall, she immediately bumped into Hiro and Kisa.

Hiro glared at her, and searched around her before looking away. Kisa smiled warmly up at her, and curtsied in her gold skirt and white blouse.

"Tohru-neesan." Kisa said quietly.

Tohru blushed. Another little sister for me. She thought before smiling and greeting Kisa. "Konnichiwa. You look cute like yesterday, Kisa-chan."

Kisa smiled shyly, Hiro snorted. "If you knew her, you'd realize everyone says that."

"Do you, Hiro-san?" Tohru asked.

He muttered something, that Tohru thought sounded like, "She'll always be beautiful to me."

Kisa took Tohru's hand, as well as Hiro's and took them away somewhere down the hall where she'd never been before.

The hall lead outside, and to a small garden where a large tree covered everything, walls kept them from the outside world, and a little lock kept intruders from the inside coming into the sanctuary. Beneath the shades where light danced through, benches and patches of green grass blanketed the floor. Flowers grew in bushes, or from long slender trees of shorter form. A small pond where water moved endlessly from the many koi within topped by lily pads and giant violet flowers, with reeds growing on the farther side, was the final touch to this haven.

"It's beautiful." Tohru murmured, her eyes glazed with the beauty.

"This garden belongs to Kisa." Hiro said. "My garden is more spacious, she tried to go for the jungle effect."

"Kisa, you designed this?" Tohru asked, amaze in her sea green eyes.

"I just said what I wanted," Kisa said, her face pink. "Hiro helped me too."

"You both have beautiful hearts." She said with a warm smile.

They dragged her again towards a bench, and she sat and watched them play, unaware that it had started to rain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akai woke up, nestled deep within her blankets and felt the rain pouring around the house. It was falling lightly, sprinkles really, but she hated the rain. She cursed whatever god made rain, and cursed whatever god decided that it should rain today.

Before she damned those who loved rain, she realized Tohru had vanished. Akai bolted up, and looked around the room. Still, she found no trace of Tohru.

She's probably talking with a Sohma. She thought to herself as she made the bed.

She was awake, and fully pissed off at the world, and it began to rain harder. It pelted the glass windows, and poured from the sky as if buckets of water were being tossed down from the heavens. She glared at the window as se changed, and decided it was time to get out of the room, and away from where she could see it.

She slammed her door shut, and heard the appealing sound of the slam throughout the hallway.

She stood there, debating where to go after, when one of the doors were tossed open, and an orange head poked out. "Oi! People are trying to sleep in here!"

Akai rolled her eyes, when a tired looking Haru poked his head out from the door across from Kyo. "Nanda?" He yawned. "What's with all the banging?"

Another door next to Haru's opened. A very alert, very curious Yuki appeared.

0_0? "What's going on?" He noticed Akai, standing there, and smiled. "What's wrong, Akai-san?"

Akai glared at him. "It's raining."

Kyo's eyes widened as the grouchy little red head stalked down the hall, a cloud of blackness surrounding her. Yuki's eyes widened as the black cloud clung to her, molding itself to her. Haru yawned, his warm eyes darkening in concern as something red erupted around her, followed by twin whirls of orange and blue.

The three brothers looked at each other, each had the question in their eyes. What the HELL was that!?

Yuki decided to do a little investigation, and called out to the retreating red head who so reminded him of Kyo. Haru, ever following him, walked out from his room, fully dressed and walked towards Akai. As he neared her, he noticed she seemed slightly dazed, pale, and gave off a deep aura of panic as she looked around her unsurely. Kyo cursed and retreated to his room, pulling a vest over his white shirt before leaving his room at the same time as Yuki.

Both brothers glared at each other before urging Akai to walk forward, following Haru who lead them all to the personal garden that belonged to all three brothers.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Inferius roared as he felt the presence of Zahra as she tried to tempt his niece to her side.

Levarian caressed his broad shoulders. "Be calm my love." The golden haired man said to the fiery one.

Inferius knocked off his admirers soothing touch. "Zahra will pay."

Levarian rolled his eyes. "I think you are underestimating her. She will kill you too."

The red head glared at him. "Shut up Lev." Inferius leapt down from his pedestal of silk, and stood with his arms wide open. "I am not underestimating her. It's her that is underestimating me!"

Levarian barely had time to shout his denial before his love vanished, the sound of a loud, shrill whistle echoing. In the silence of the fog filled world of silver and white.

His hand covered his mouth, Levarian's eyes filled with tears. "He really descended."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyo could not have had a worse day, he decided, as he walked with Yuki and Haru, both watching amused as the red headed girl plucked flowers, grasses and leaves from plants around them. The rain had stopped, and it seemed her mood improved a little.

She was plucking seeds from ones plant when Momiji hopped into the garden, followed by Shigure and Aya.

The latter immediately gasped. "AI ME!" He cried. "Where has my teddy bear gone? I see my little candle light. . ."

Shigure stroked his chin. "It seems to me, Aya-chan, that we are missing our older beauty."

Kyo growled at the two older men. "They are not yours you old perverts!"

Yuki sighed, and patted his brothers head. "Baka neko,"

Haru made a small agreement sound. None noticed Akai had moved a little more towards the doors to the inside.

Except Momiji. The youngster's golden gaze followed the red head, before he urged his feet to do the same.

The heated argument kept all five Sohma males occupied as Momiji followed Akai into the house.

Momiji had successfully followed her to the end of the hallway, and was about to leap upon her when she suddenly arched and gasped in pain, clutching her entire body before she fell to the floor in utter silence.

"Akai!" Momiji ran to her, and picked her up, without allowing her touch his chest.

Her eyes were closed, her skin was pale, save for a few red welts that had suddenly appeared on her dark skin, some in crisscross shapes, others long angry lines of red. He felt no blood, and saw no intruder that could have somehow burned or whipped her. He studied her for another moment or two before calling out, "Someone! HELP!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tohru held onto Kisa and Hiro's hands as she spun a circle with them, dancing dizzily around, laughing and holding onto each other until they fell to the floor, dizzy and alive.

Hiro felt Kisa's hand still in his, and clutched to it, as she squeezed his. He leaned his head to look at her, and found her shyly observing his face with a smile. When she saw him look at her, she blushed, and her gaze turned warm.

They both looked over at Tohru, who had suddenly leapt up, and was now looking strangely at the tree.

The turned their heads to look at it, and leapt back.

Cradled in the broken, lower branches of the tree was a naked man. His flesh was covered with scrapes, and scratches. Blood dripped all over his body, yet there was no mistake about how beautiful he was.

He had long red hair that danced across bloody shoulders that were wide, as his chest. Muscles rippled beneath the skin of his long, and damaged limbs. His eyes were closed, and his breathing was unmistakable. His flesh was dark, the color of Akai's.

Akai!? Tohru thought. He looks like he could be her father!

Was there something her mother hadn't told her? But then again, who was this man? He speared to have fallen into the giant tree. And yet. . . There was nothing above this giant tree. . .

Was there?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hatori examined the man that was discovered by Tohru, Kisa, and Hiro. He also noticed that his wounds were in the same place as Akai's welts, and that they were the exact same, just that hers didn't penetrate the skin.

How odd.

Upon closer inspection, he also discovered a few things different between the two of them.

The man's blood was slowly disappearing, as if it were healing before Hatori's eyes. Yet, Akai's welts seemed only to get worse. One of them even opened as Hatori was inspecting it- he hadn't touched it at all. The man was beautiful, and looked almost like a male, and older version, of Akai. The man was nude though, and Akai was not.

Then, there were just the other differences between them and the rest of humanity.

L

Who was this man? Did Hatori really know Akai and Tohru?

And more so, what are they?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Who is this mysterious man? Where did he come from? What is his name? Why does he resemble Akai so? And what does