Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Between the Sohmas or Life as Someone Else ❯ With Eyes Wide Open ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: FURUBA or FRUITS BASKET is NOT MY WORK!!!! I AM NOT GETTING PAID FOR WRITING FANFICTION AND LETS HOPE I NEVER WILL!!!!!

Chapter Six:

With Open Eyes

Akai was in her sleep of healing state.

The world was nothing, but vast and empty. Her body lay floating, unclothed, in the white light of healing purity. Her red hair floated about her, like a fire that consumed her tanned body, as her eyes of sunset lavender opened.

Tohru. . .

Akai. . . She heard the voice whisper in her ear, like some soft caress. It was male, and deep. Instantly, she felt fire swirling around her, and her hair became one with it, as had her body. Akai. . .

Something within her told her to run, to flee. That fire would cause pain, and hurt.

Yet. . . Another voice whispered of tempting joys that came with fire. Warmth, protection, and security came within the blazing inferno.

Akai. The voice paused just behind her. She felt a strong presence behind her, and took a deep breath. Listen to me Akai. My name is Inferius.

Akai felt a small fear at the name. It was a name she hadn't heard before, yet it instilled fear within her heart.

I am hear to protect you. The voice continued.

"IIA!" Akai launched away from the figure, and began to scream incoherent thoughts. GET AWAY! GET AWAY!

She felt the presence vanish.

But it never left her spirit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akito bolted upright in bed, the action causing his servant to scream and drop whatever was in her hands.

He turned to look at the servant before shouting, "Bring me the Hondas, NOW!"

The servant made a hasty retreat, somewhat relieved that the young master had come to, and yet wondering what he had to do with the Honda girls.

Akito cared not of what the servants thoughts were. His breath was coming in ragged puffs into his frail chest. His small, dainty hand covered his smoky gray eyes as he let the vision tear through him again. He could not see her face. . . He could not hear her voice. . . He could only remember the scent of youth and fire that was her own, and the scream that had torn his soul to shreds.

Akai Honda was screaming, and not in pain, but in fear. She feared for those near her, and protected that one person she held to herself well. And that one person protected her as much as she could, and loved her well, keeping her safe.

For him.

Akito had to talk to Tohru as well. He knew she had to have some sort of knowledge on her sister.

His mind ached at what his eyes could not see.

Then he remembered. My sister and I have a curse to.

Were they both cursed with whatever ailed Akai?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hatori watched the red haired man open his eyes, and calmly walk off from the bed, and onto the girls. He sat there, staring down at her, his eyes softening and warming. He stroked her hand, and tensed. A calm, and cool rage settled over him before a snarl of fury unleashed a light of orange around him.

"What are you?" Hatori said, obviously gaining the man's attention.

The man looked at him with eyes of swirling emerald. "What I am is no more unusual than what you are, Sohma Hatori."

Hatori's eyes widened a degree. (A/N: Yes, he has eyes because I say it is so!) How could the man have known his name? Unless. . . "Do I know you?"

The red haired man opened his mouth, dropped his eyes to Akai as she moaned, and tossed, before clamping it shut.

Hatori's curiosity was peaked and he turned.

Suddenly one of Akito's maids came into the room, running at full speed, then stopping as she ran into Hatori's chest with her own. . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tohru blinked once.

Then again.

"What did you say?" She asked the orange haired Kyo, wondering if he just spoke the very words that were on her mind.

"I said 'DON'T YOU THINK THAT GUY LOOKED A LOT LIKE AKAI?" Kyo took in a deep breath, and covered his eyes with a hand before smiling at her warmly. "Tohru, you should be a little bit more attentive."

Yuki muttered something, and Kyo bristled from head to toe.

Haru chuckled softly, and Kyo hissed at them. *>.<!

Tohru grinned and patted Yuki's hand on accident. Both looked at each other, and blushed.

"Ne, Honda-san," Yuki said, ignoring Kyo and Haru as they somehow began to squabble, hissing and stomping. "Why have you and Akai been living lives as boys?"

"What was it like?" Haru suddenly asked before Kyo kicked him-hard- in the back of the head.

Tohru looked Yuki in the eyes, before looking at her feet. "You would not understand."

"Tell us." Yuki urged gently, he touched her hand. "If you tell us your secret, we shall tell you ours."

Tohru smiled weakly. "It is not really a secret. . . It's just that. . ."

Kyo was in front of her, his eyes dark, an air of seriousness around him.

"K-Kyo-kun?"

Kyo pulled Tohru into his arms for an embrace, before releasing her suddenly. Her eyes were closed when her chest hit his, and at the contact, she swore she could smell oranges in the air.

She opened her turquoise eyes and gasped. "Where is Kyo-kun?"

Yuki glanced down before turning away. "Right in front of you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shigure had heard the startled screaming, and charged into the doctors quarters. "Ha-san! We're here!" He cried out, just s Ayame barged in with the same air of chivalry, sword in hand. "Ha-san! Who dare disturb-! Oh, hello."

Shigure and Ayame stared dumbly at the naked red haired man, the maid who was apologizing profusely, and the half dead seahorse on the floor before collapsing into gales of laughter that threatened to choke the life out of them. . . Or so the seahorse hoped.

With little X's in it's eyes, the seahorse struggled for air before another cloud of sweet smelling chocolate enveloped the room, and standing there naked, with the face the color of a tomato, was Hatori.

"If you two have had your kicks, I suggest you leave." Hatori said sternly, pulling his clothes back on.

The red headed man blinked before understanding dawned upon him. "So you're that group of Sohmas." the man nodded. "I seem to recollect now. Yes, so Zahra really cursed you, eh?" The man laughed. "Fear not, the bitch feels the need to curse every man who dare turn her down."

The three Sohma men looked at the red headed man, before looking at each other, then back at him. "I think we need to talk, you and I." The red head said to them. They nodded, and each knew that they would finally see what had happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tohru glanced down at her feet, and saw an orange cat, with the same eyes as Kyo.

"MASAKA!" She said. "I have turned him into a cat! AHH!! Doshiyo!? Doshiyo! DOSHIYO!?" She cried out as she picked up the cat and flew around the room. (0///0)!!

"TOHRU!" Kyo's voice penetrated her mind.

"AND HE TALKS!" She screamed out.

"It's me!" he snapped. "This is how it always is! When a member of the opposite sex hugs me, or touches my chest with hers, then I turn into the cat! Yuki becomes a rat, and Haru becomes the ox!"

Tohru paused in her scurry around the room. 0.0?

-_-. . . Kyo took a deep breath. "It's a curse. The curse our family suffers. We don't know why, or how. We just have. Fourteen members of our family become cursed- twelve as the official spirits of the Chinese Zodiac, the unofficial and uninvited cat was the beginning of the curse, and eventually, the fourteenth member of the curse was added to die when he reached a certain age, and then the thirteen would follow by the year which they die."

Tohru's eyes watered. "So, when Akito dies. . . You will all die too?"

Yuki and Haru looked at each other. "Yes. We will all die."

She whimpered in pain as it lanced through her, and she held the cat to her chest.

"You can't die." Tohru said. "We can lift the curse."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So. . . Tohru knows a little bit about the curse, eh? And everyone is suddenly beginning to understand, or see, what they shouldn't be seeing.

Are you?