Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Black & White Heart ❯ Innocent As Could Be ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Any flashbacks will be {{ flashback }}.

Chapter 2: Innocent as could be

"Why the hell is he staying here!?" said Kyo, before glaring towards Shigure, "There's no more room did you ever think of that?"

Shigure simply closed his eyes and smiled, "Oh I know that, which is why I am having the house extended to fit in an extra room! The builders should be round here tomorrow." He said, picking up a cup of tea from the table.

"Well why is he here now? Why couldn't he just stay at the main house until it was finished?" Kyo argued, not particularly wanting to live with yet another person who happened to like to pick fights all of the time, especially with him. After all, his fights were reserved for Yuki.

"I have my reasons." Said Haru, who suddenly rose from the floor to face Kyo.

"Yes that's true," said Shigure," Besides I don't know what you're worrying about Kyo, after all it's not you Haru wants to share a room with until the work's completed."

The room went suddenly silent when all heads turned to look at Yuki, who still hadn't moved from opening the door and seeing Haru sitting there. Yuki blinked when he realised everyone was staring at him,

"Me?"

Shigure chuckled, "Oh dear dear Yuki, our temperamental Haru has chosen you to share his being with, to forever live -"

"Forever?"

"- together in a life of pure love and-" Shigure never got to finish his sentence as Kyo whacked him round the head, "Awww, so mean."

"Why didn't you tell us this morning?"

"What and ruin the surprise?" Shigure grinned.

"SURPRISE!?!?" Kyo screamed, fists clenched at his side before turning on his heel and pushing Yuki out the way of the door and walking out.

Tohru, who had kept unusually quiet during this greeting, and who had been looking at the redness rising in Yuki's cheeks as Shigure was talking, turned to Haru and smiled, "Well in that case, I'd better get dinner started if we have an extra houseguest now."

With that she wandered into the Kitchen, taking one last glance at Yuki. At that same moment, the phone in the hallway began to ring. Shigure shot up from the floor, "Ah, I know who that is!" And with that walked out of the room.

Haru and Yuki were the only ones left. Haru looked at Yuki before walking over to him by the door.

"You don't mind do you?" Yuki didn't answer. "It's just, I obviously can't share with Tohru, I wouldn't be seen dead sharing with Kyo and, well, I don't think I trust Shigure to really stay in the same room as him."

Yuki stared at him for a moment as the realisation sunk in, but hey, it was only for a short while, it should be fine!

…right?

"Of course not." He said warmly.

How could he have known that those three words were going to change his life forever?

-----

Yuki lay in the bath quietly lost in his own thoughts. The silence was broken as he raised his arm out the water letting the droplets drip back into the bath, and rested the back of his hand on his forehead, as his mind drifted back to the boy who was downstairs helping Tohru with the dinner. There were so many things wrong with this scene. He was boy, Haru was a boy, hell they were related! But somehow, none of that really seemed to matter. Since when have I started thinking like this? Yuki put his hand back in the water and sighed. He thought back to his time at the Main House, Akito, and 'that' room. 'That' room that whenever he'd be allowed out, the first thing he would do would be to go and find Haru. His parents couldn't care less, his brother was never around, and he didn't feel like he could open up to any of the other older Sohma's, even if they were nice to him like Shigure was. Well, he didn't really want to see them anyway. They all knew what Akito did to him, but they never tried to stop him. He never really knew why. But that day that he and Haru had become friends, he was the only one he wanted to see. If he was happy, he'd want to go and play with Haru, if he was sad, he'd want to be near Haru, if he was sick, he could always count on Haru to visit him. The whole time, Haru was there the whole time, always looking after him, always smiling at him, always.

Then there came that day.

Yuki thought back to that day, back to the day when he realised Haru might care for him a little more than just friends. It was a few weeks after Haru's 13th birthday when it happened. Haru had turned Black, like so many other days, but this time, had acted a little differently.

{{ "Have you seen Kyo?" asked a sweet Kagura, looking around the Sohma Estate having heard Kyo was back with his Master for a visit.

"No I haven't, for the 8th time no I haven't seen Kyo." Said an irritated Haru who was sitting on the porch of his house trying to do his homework. For the past ¾ of an hour Kagura had searched the same part of the Estate about 8 times and every time she came back would ask Haru that same damn question.

"Are you sure?"

Haru twitched, "Yes I'm sure!"

"Positive? I mean he might be in his Cat form for whatever reason. Have you seen an orange cat?"

An anger mark suddenly popped up on Haru forehead, "No, I haven't seen an orange cat or any kind of cat." His voice was beginning to shake as he tried to hold back his Black side.

Suddenly a footstep noise from behind Kagura made her spin around, "KYO!!!!!" she screamed lovingly, her arms flung out at the side ready to give him a big hug.

Yuki stood there eyes wide as he wasn't expecting to walk around the corner into Kagura's loving arms.

Kagura blinked, "Oh, Yuki? You're not Kyo." She said, still with her arms around his chest.

"No I'm not." Yuki agreed.

"Oh," Kagura removed her arms from around him and walked away. After a few steps she turned back around and ran back to him, "You haven't seen Kyo have you?"

"NO ONE HAS SEEN KYO YOU IDIOT!" Both Kagura and Yuki looked back at Haru as he stood up looking very, very mad. "WILL YOU STOP ASKING THAT SAME DAMN QUESTION IT'S GETTING BLOODY ANNOYING YOU STUPID BITCH!!!"

Kagura blinked, "Haru," she said eyes watering, "………………....IT'S NOT NICE TO SWEAR!!"

The next thing Yuki knew was he was now watching a very hefty fight between the two split personalities that were Hatsuharu and Kagura.

"Umm, Kagura?" said Yuki, taking a step towards the two.

"JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDESTAND A LOVE LIKE KYO'S AND MINE," Kagura was saying as she pummelled Haru, "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND AT ALL! YOU CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I LOVE MY KYO!"

"YEAH?" shouted Haru, as he pummelled her just as hard, "WELL I THOUGHT YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE KYO COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT YOU!!! HE ALWAYS RUNS AWAY WHEN YOU'RE AROUND!! BESIDES, WHAT DO YOU MEAN I DON'T UNDERSTAND HUH?"

Kagura's eye flashed with anger, "MY KYO LOVES ME JUST LIKE I LOVE HIM! AND YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOUR NOT IN LOVE LIKE ME!" she squealed.

"YES I AM!!!"

Kagura stopped then and her gentle features returned, "What?" she blinked, "….Who?" she asked, smirking.

"None of your business you stupid girl!"

With that Haru stormed straight past Kagura, grabbed a stunned Yuki's arm and dragged him inside his house and slammed the door behind him. Yuki turned back around, a worried yet curious look on his face.

"Haru, are you alright?"

The next thing he knew he was suddenly swooped up in Haru's arms into a very close hug. After a moment's silence, Haru replied, "I am now."

Yuki stood rigid as Haru's warm body was pressed close to his, his arms wrapped around him as they stood in Haru's living room. Haru didn't move, just stood there holding him, eyes closed as he pressed his cheek against Yuki's silky hair.

"Umm, Haru?" Yuki asked, arms still by his side.

"Put your arms around me. Please?" Yuki suddenly felt very uneasy, but Haru was his friend, his best friend at that, so he attentively rose his arms and placed them around Haru's waist gently. Haru smiled against his hair, "That's better." He sighed.

"Haru?" Yuki asked, "Are you still Black?"

"Maybe." He said teasingly, brushing his cheek against his as he pulled his head back slightly to look at Yuki's eyes.

"Haru?" Yuki said warily, as Haru's face was mere inches away from his.

"Yes Yuki?" Haru said, his voice a little deeper than usual, as he made the gap between them shrink another inch.

"Err, what exactly are you doing?" Yuki asked, now slightly nervous of his friend, as he moved his head back a little more to regain that inch.

Suddenly, something in Haru's strangely yearning eyes changed, and they became softer. He smiled gently and moved forward quickly, kissing the tip of Yuki's nose before stepping back away.

"Come on then, you were going to help me with this weren't you?" Haru said, White mode now apparently back as he pointed to the porch door where his homework sat outside.

Yuki stood there looking strangely at his friend, as if trying to figure something out, then just nodded his head and followed Haru back outside. }}

Ever since that day, Haru had always acted very lovingly around Yuki, especially in his Black Mode, and he didn't seem to mind who knew about it either.

Yuki suddenly felt very glad the bath water had got very cold by now.

Sighing, Yuki rose out of his bath and stepped over the side. He shouldn't think about things like this too much, it would only confuse him.

It was then someone knocked at the door. "Hey Yuki," the door began to open, "Tohru said she didn't put any towels in there yet so-"

Yuki stared at the door and panicked, "No wait I-"

Yuki, half way stepping out of the bath, stood in utter shock and embarrassment as he now stood completely naked in front of Haru who had just walked into the bathroom carrying a large towel in his hands.

The longest silent moment in history as the two boys watched each other get redder and redder.

"Umm, Yuki-"

POOF!

A now furiously blushing Rat stood on the bathroom mat before it ran underneath Haru and out the door as fast as its little legs could carry him.

-----

Haru, Kyo and Tohru sat in silence round the table as Shigure finished off his laughing fit, "You-you actually-he ran-" before he burst into another fit of giggles.

"You know it's not that funny." Said Haru, for the simple reason he himself was starting to feel the heat in his cheeks.

"Is Yuki okay?" Tohru asked.

"I don't know," replied Haru, "He ran off."

It was then that Kyo began to snicker to himself, before all of a sudden he gulped down everything off his plate and stood up, "I'm off to find that Rat!"

Tohru's eye glistened all of a sudden and she clapped her hands together, "Oh Kyo, you're worried about Yuki. That's great! Maybe you're finally be..com…ing…"

Tohru trailed off as Kyo began to laugh again, "HA! Like that's ever gonna happen," he said, as he ran off towards to door, "I'm gonna look for him to make sure he knows just how much I'm gonna take the piss out of him! HAHAHAAA!"

He opened the door and ran out into night air laughing all the way.

Tohru blinked stupidly, "Oh."

-----

"I'm so sorry!" panicked Tohru, bowing to Haru apologetically, "I guess with all that happened I didn't think to get your bed ready in Yuki's room, I'm sorry, I'll do it right away!" she said, hurrying off to the linen cupboard.

"Hey Tohru, I'm staying on the floor anyway, I'm sure I can manage carrying a couple of blankets and a pillow up the stairs." He said, gently moving a frenzied Tohru out of the cupboard and grabbing what he needed instead.

"Well, if you're sure?" Tohru said, sad eyes looking up at him.

Haru winked, "I'm sure."

"Well, okay then." She said reluctantly, "I'll see you tomorrow morning." She smiled.

Haru smiled back and walked up the stairs.

Half way up though he sighed to himself, he didn't mean to make Yuki run off like that, he hoped he'd come back okay. Opening the door to Yuki's darkened room, Haru dumped the pile of blankets and pillows on the floor and headed to the bathroom. On coming back, he looked at the pile on the floor than at Yuki's empty bed. Yuki wasn't here. I'm sure he wouldn't mind just once right? Smiling dreamily, Haru climbed under the covers of Yuki's bed and snuggled underneath, breathing in the scent of the person he loved so much. Letting his eyes fall shut and sleep over take him, he let his mind drift away into the pleasant dreams of holding Yuki in this bed.

-----

"Did Yuki ever come back last night?" asked Shigure as he walked up to the breakfast table.

"I dunno." Said Kyo, un-caring, "I couldn't find him in the end." Kyo looked up at Shigure and frowned, "What are you doing?"

Shigure had a brand new camera sitting on the table and was currently reading the instructions, "Hmm?" he said looking up, "Oh this, this is just a camera that Mii said I could use for research, she dropped it round earlier this morning." He said, returning to the instruction booklet. The two sat at the table while Tohru made breakfast as usual, although every time something made an unusual noise; she'd rush to the door to see if Yuki had returned. "Oh I shouldn't worry yourself Tohru," said Shigure, "You know the boys in this family, all running off than mysteriously returning."

Kyo gave Shigure a sideways glance and returned to his drink.

"HARU!!!!!"

Tohru poked her head around the corner of the Kitchen door as Kyo and Shigure frowned at each other.

"Was that…?" began Kyo, before all three of them ran up the stairs.

-----

Haru yawned into the morning light and opened one eye. He had turned over in the night and was now facing the alarm clock, or at least, what looked like a very shabbily repaired alarm clock. Haru grinned sleepily. Prince Yuki, not one for mornings. Reaching over and switching the alarm clock off before it hollered at him, he stuck it on sleep for five more minutes and turned over to get more comfortable. What the…? It felt as though he had draped his arm over something that wasn't there when he had gone to bed. Opening one eye cautiously, he found himself staring back at the angelic sleeping face of Yuki, fast asleep and…

"Naked…." Haru breathed, and finding his eyes growing wider as he realised he was pressed right up against him under the covers. He dared to move, he froze where he was, just staring at the boy currently pressed right up against him.

It's that dream again Haru concluded.

Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep!

THE ALARM CLOCK! Haru suddenly panicked. He must have been staring at Yuki longer than he thought. Slowly Yuki's eyes sleepily opened and Haru watched his expression as dark purple eyes met his own.

Another deafening silence.

"HARU!!!" screamed Yuki, shooting up in his bed and about to jump out when…

…his bedroom door opened.

"Hi." Said Haru, leaning back on his elbows suddenly looking very smug.

A surprisingly grinning Shigure, a disgusted looking Kyo, and a furiously blushing Tohru who had just looked away, stood in the doorway of Yuki's room staring at the two boys sitting in bed together.

"What?" said Haru smiling, as innocent as could be.

To Be Continued…

AN: Hhehehe, I wonder how much more embarrassment Yuki can take huh? Only I will know! MWHAHAHAAAA!