Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Black & White Heart ❯ Beautiful Creature ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 17: Beautiful Creature

So he was going to be a little late to school, so what?! Some things were far more…interesting…than school. And besides, if his plan would work, he wouldn't care if he got detention for being late for the next month…if he got to see this…

-----

"Naughty, Experienced, Sensual and Wild. Not only does it describe my perfect woman, but it also happens to be how I remembered my North South East and West in school!"

Kyo looked up from his breakfast and stared at Shigure with a very perplexed look on his face, "……………why are you telling me this?"

"Good morning." Said Haru, walking down the stairs.

"Ah Haru, feeling better?" Shigure inquired.

"Yeah actually, I am." He said, although he seemed to be smirking slightly.

Behind him walked in Yuki, who seemed to be limping on one leg. Looking at that, and seeing the small smirk on Haru's face, Shigure, of course, could only come up with one possible explanation.

"…….Well I should have known it wouldn't take long! I must commend you though, you were both very quie-"

WHACK!!

"Now now Yuki," Shigure laughed lightly, rubbing his head, "There's no need to be hitting me now is there?"

"I'll stop hitting you when you stop being so filthy." Yuki growled at him, limping over to the table and breakfast, "I just slept at an awkward angle and my leg fell asleep that's all."

Haru smirk turned into a true smile and he laughed to himself.

"Well what's with him then?" said Kyo, pointing a chopstick towards Haru who was now sitting seemingly lost in his own little world.

A small blush seemed to suddenly appear on Yuki's cheeks which disappeared just as fast, "I have no idea."

It was an obvious lie.

"Ahhhhhhh," Shigure, err, ahhed, "I see! It's a no idea is it?" he teased, he was going to get this out of the lying little rat, "Haru?"

"Mmmm?" Haru replied dreamily, poking at his breakfast with his chopsticks and staring with half closed eyelids at Yuki, who was deliberately ignoring him.

"Don't-you-dare." Yuki glared at Haru through the corner of his eye, to which Haru just grinned and popped a small clump of rice in his mouth, looking over at Shigure and shrugging in a half joking apology.

"Oh go on." Shigure whined.

Yuki continued to ignore him. Yeah, like he was going to tell him he had fallen asleep watching Haru and had woken up to find himself lying next to him snuggled up close and his arms wrapped around his chest holding him tightly.

-----

After reassuring Tohru around seven times that he was feeling much better, Haru and the group were walking to school, with Kyo trailing behind keeping as far away from these people as possible, walking in footsteps behind Tohru.

"Haru?" said Yuki softly.

"Yeah."

"Are…are you sure you're ok?"

"I'm sure."

Yuki smiled shyly, "Good."

Haru glanced at him through the corner of his eye and smiled to himself. With the way he woke up this morning to find this perfect being snuggled up to tightly against him, how he possibly not feel anything but happy, alive, and far off in a blissful dream land.

Until he walked into a pole that is.

-----

Ayame walked around the shelves in his shop arranging a new fabric for two chest manikins to stand on. Behind him the bell for someone coming through the door sounded and he turned around, a big smile on his face for the first customer of the day.

"Good morning young man! What can I do for you?" he asked cheerfully, his long silver hair swaying slightly from the breeze that had come through the door.

"Erm…hi." Kane said nervously, as he recognised this man being Yuki's brother from that day at school, "I was interested in getting a…a maids dress," he whispered, "its, err…for, a friend."

"Ohh, I see, 'a friend'," Ayame said, almost tutting, "There is no need to be so shy you know, this is the business for men's romance, anything goes here, you don't have to blame it on 'a friend'."

"Well, yes but-"

"Whatever you want, I can make it for you. Now lets see, what's your size, height, measurements I need measurements, MINE!"

"Yes?" came the excited face from behind the backroom door.

"No, you don't understand, it really is for a frie-"

"HAHAHAHAHAA," he laughed, grabbing Kane by his arm and leading him out back, "Let's get you measured up!"

"No it's not for me-"

"Now what colours did you have in mind? Patterns, frills, lace-"

"IT'S FOR YOUR BROTHER!!"

-----

It was the lesson before lunch, and both Yuki's and Haru's class had a joint P.E. lesson. For the moment, it was simply running around the tracks for warm-up. Kane pulled his sports shirt over his head as he ran towards the field. He was expecting Yuki's brother to be angry with him when he had blurted that out, he wasn't expecting him to go completely hyper and happy and insist they got everything perfect for him, so he ended up being later than he thought on coming back to school.

To his relief, he saw Yuki running alone, Haru quite away behind with some others. So, waiting until Yuki caught around to him, Kane ran out and ran along beside him.

"I thought you weren't here today?" Yuki puffed as they continued to run.

"Can I just say something?"

Yuki nodded.

"I reckon you'd look great in a dress."

Yuki ran into the fence.

-----

His plan was well under way! Asking those girls to corner Yuki after that P.E. lesson was a brilliant idea! Now Yuki was running late into lunch, everyone else had showered and dressed, and now Yuki was all alone.

Kane looked around him to make sure no teacher was looking. Not that it would have mattered, he was only normally walking down a normal corridor, nothing suspicious at all. Nope, nothing suspicious about the pink and white bag he was clutching nervously to his chest, nothing at all.

-----

Yuki stood under the empty school showers. He didn't know what to make of Kane. One minute it would seem like he was trying really hard to be himself and just join in, and other times he was like he had reverted back to his other self in just a split second. Yuki had thought he had made that perfectly clear he did not appreciate the comments that he came out with before, and that dress comment was high up on the list.

In fact, he was so busy trying to figure out what Kane was really about, he didn't notice the door to the changing rooms open and that said person creeping through.

Kane poked his head round the door of the changing rooms to see only the steam from Yuki's shower, every where else empty. Fighting against the extremely tempting urge to walk into the shower, Kane made his way over to the towel and pile of clothes left to one side on a bench.

"Hello?" Yuki called out, as Kane froze reaching into the pink and white bag.

He really didn't need Yuki to see him now of all times, he'd be as mad as hell if he found out what he was doing. Still, there was this tiny weeny voice at the back of his mind saying Yuki was going to be furious with him anyway after this, but this was too much of a great chance to listen to a conscience. He couldn't help being like this. He really did want to stop being a loser and actually make some friends, but it was too much fun being a sneak. Yuki obviously hadn't worried about anyone being out here, so Kane grabbed Ayame's dress out the bag and grabbed Yuki's sport's clothes and towel and put them inside it instead. Leaving the dress out on the bench, Kane crept out the changing room with a rather disturbing smile on his face.

There were no other towels or clothes in the room.

-----

"So, Tohru, you still up for this weekend?" Uo asked during lunch.

Tohru stared blankly at her plate, "……….THE WEEKEND!!" she suddenly yelped, jumping up from her chair, "Oh no I forgot to ask Shigure if it would be okay!! OoooooOoohhh what am I going to do it's going to be so rude to ask at the last minute! He, I, but, what am I-"

"Jeez relax," Uo chuckled, "It's just Shigure, I'm sure he won't mind."

"Oh and I forgot to tell Yuki, and Haru and Kyo, oh what about cooking and, well I know it's only two days but, but, and clothes and…"

Uo and Hana just watched their friend stand there having a mild panic attack and wondered just how incompetent these Sohma's really were if she was this worried she couldn't leave them alone for one weekend.

-----

Please, God no.

Yuki, having quickly wedged a smaller chair against the changing room door, now stood in a dilemma he really really really wished he wasn't in.

Who the hell has stolen my clothes!?

His immediate thought was Haru, but he quickly vanquished that. Haru would never do something like this, even in his Black mode. He wouldn't be a sneak, he's more of a hands on person.

….not a good phrase.

Then he though of Kyo, some stupid prank the idiot would pull to get back at him for doing something, or generally just being alive. But no, this definitely wasn't Kyo's style in the slightest, even less than Haru. Yuki looked around the empty room, nothing but benches, hooks and water drains. And of course the pink and lavender dress but Yuki was really trying not to think of that.

"I reckon you'd look great in a dress."

Yuki's eyes widened. He wouldn't. He couldn't! Not even Kane would do this. Would he? Yuki glanced back down at the dress. There were no other clothes in here. He knew what he would have to do, but his mind was bluntly refusing the fact that to get to the locker room and grab his school clothes, he'd have to walk out of here, down the corridor, take a right, then a left into the locker room.

In the dress.

Well, he had a choice, in the dress or naked.

…….Great choice.

-----

Kane sat in the locker room waiting for his dream to walk through the door. He knew in the back of his mind Yuki would probably never want to be with him, so he'd decided he could deal with a lifetime of hatred form the Prince if he got to see this one blissful moment that would make up for any unhappiness to follow.

-----

It even fits, was Yuki's first thought, as he blushed with embarrassment even with no one else in the room. The edge of the skirt barley got half way down his thighs, this was 10 times worse then that dress the Seniors bought him last time. He could just about put up with that one, but this, this was death by embarrassment. So he now had a death list of people to destroy. 1) Kane for even letting a thought like this enter his mind, and 2) Ayame! It was his dress he just knew it!!

Taking an incredibly deep breath to calm his racing nerves, Yuki slowly drew the chair away from the door and put his hand on the handle. Pulling it towards him, he peeked round the corner. Luckily for him, just like it was with the Mistletoe incident, it was lunch, so there was no one around. Then again, thinking of the Mistletoe incident, it didn't actually turn out to well. Chased down the corridor by two girls, innocent yet guilty to everyone else little incident with Kane, and 'The Talk' from the teacher.

Maybe comparing it to that wasn't such a great idea.

-----

Kyo walked down a corridor towards a staircase near the front doors of the school, stomach full and happily content. He was heading for one of his spots on the roof of the school, hoping to get in a quick nap before lessons began.

-----

Yuki prayed to any God, Goddess, Miracle, mysterious fate devising creature that could possibly exist in reality or mythology, for no person, alive nor dead, to see him in this dress. He crept along the wall of the corridor, ears sensitive to any slight noise that would make its way towards him. Right, he had managed to get half way down the corridor and had got to the corridor on the right he needed to turn down. Peering round the corner, he quickly jerked back, his back pressed up against the wall as a group of girls walked out of one door down that corridor, laughing about something, and walking through a door further down.

With his heart about to burst through his chest, Yuki calmed down his breathing and looked round the corner once again. The corridor was empty, so slid around the corner and made his way down. He could see the door to the locker room on the left further down, so began to walk a little faster. He was so close, no one was here, it was going to be fine. He'd get his clothes, and murder Kane later.

Unfortunately however, Yuki was concentrating so hard on getting to that door, he forgot he had to pass through an adjoining corridor, and as he ran past it, Kyo ran into him from the side.

Yuki fell back against the wall, Kyo falling flat on his face on the floor, "Watch where you're going you stupid girl." Kyo grumbled, kneeling up on one knee and rubbing his nose.

Yuki simply looked down at him, frozen to the spot, with a mix of horror and utter embarrassment as Kyo suddenly realised who he was looking at was definitely not a girl.

As Kyo's eye widened in realisation, "Wha…you're-" he shot his hand up pointing at Yuki's dress, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN A DRESS??!!" his voice almost seemed high pitched at the end.

As if on cue, the group of girls Yuki had spotted earlier walked out of the room they had walked into and stopped in their tracks at the scene before them. Not only was it Prince Yuki in the shortest dress that could possibly be conceived, but his cousin was now down on one knee in front of him.

You could practically see the hearts that floated around the girls heads, "Is he…is he…" one stuttered, the biggest loving grin on her face as she tried to communicate with her friends, "Is he…proposing?" she squeaked.

Kyo, who had been glaring at the girls, heard what they said and shot up so fast he was practically a blur, "Don't be an idiot of course I wasn't!!" Kyo growled at them, his face almost matching his hair.

"What was that?"

Yuki's head snapped to his right to see more students looking out from doors to see what Kyo's original outburst was about. The looks on their faces as they saw Yuki backed up against the wall in a pink and purple maid's outfit made Yuki want to disappear into thin air. The girl's starting squealing, the guys had very strange smiles on their faces, Kane had just appeared out of the locker room and stood there in a daze looking at this beautiful creature, and as for Haru and Tohru who had just walked down the corridor and noticed who was standing there, Yuki couldn't take it anymore.

And transformed.

To Be Continued…